David Speedie comments CWR (1 Viewer)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Think you underestimate women with these comments.
Listen to Hartley-Brewer in the mornings if you think women aren’t allowed to be controversial in the media.
Big difference between the public opinion on women general/political commentary and football. I don't know anyone (thankfully) who think women shouldn't be on TV / in politics etc. But there are an alarming amount, Speedie evidentially being one, who think they have no place in discussing football. This ranges from the obvious (Speedie) to the subtle.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I was at an event at The Jag club a couple of years ago and some of Speedies language and description of an ex player he had an altercation with was awful. He went down in my estimation after that

duffer

called out🤦🏻‍♂️ Someone shut the thread

What are you actually grumbling about mate?

Can you write in actual sentences, because it's really hard to understand what you're on about.

You might have a point, but it's rather lost in your incoherence I'm afraid to say.

Save the emojis for the eight year olds, and make your point - if you've got one.

Irish Sky Blue

I was at an event at The Jag club a couple of years ago and some of Speedies language and description of an ex player he had an altercation with was awful. He went down in my estimation after that
I was at that too. He didn’t come across as a very nice bloke, in contrast to Pickering and Houchen who were both there and who seemed really decent people.

duffer

I was at that too. He didn’t come across as a very nice bloke, in contrast to Pickering and Houchen who were both there and who seemed really decent people.

Kind of a pity, I wonder if it's a drinking/bravado thing.

I'm sure I've heard him on the radio before and he's come across quite well (in a "professional northerner" sort of way).

Ho hum, he's at least been man enough to apologise, which he deserves some credit for...

wingy

What about female comedians ?
They're just not funny are they
Well like male ones it's all subjective as to what your personal tastes are.
I mean Katherine Ryan I find extremely funny, yet I imagine her beliefs and life style choices would likely turn off a percentage of a male audience.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Which brings to mind a great retort from Jo Brand...

"The quickest way to a man's heart is straight through his chest with a carving knife."

Wow, if man said that about a woman. Not funny.

Skyblueweeman

Which brings to mind a great retort from Jo Brand...

"The quickest way to a man's heart is straight through his chest with a carving knife."

Which is quite funny tbf. Ironic as I really don't like her. Only series I've not watched of Taskmaster is the one with her in. Just don't find her funny at all.

For balance, I really don't like Ed Byrne!

Reactions: KAB

TomRad85

I like Alex Scott, I don't like the Brummie girl but it's her voice that grinds in the same way Michael Owens does.
Getting out of hand tbh. Alex Scott really does get everywhere.
086bd9d1de34d902c3a1cea86e0a21b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Adge

Yep-when he said what he said about Graham Souness I think most people in the room lost a bit of respect for him.

covboy9

What are you actually grumbling about mate?

Can you write in actual sentences, because it's really hard to understand what you're on about.

You might have a point, but it's rather lost in your incoherence I'm afraid to say.

Save the emojis for the eight year olds, and make your point - if you've got one.

I wasn’t grumbling about anything

thank you for taking the intellectual high ground

mmttww

Bloke sounded drunk. No mention of almost all male pundits being clueless idiots without a single original thought between them. Total d*ckhead.

Otis

Which is quite funny tbf. Ironic as I really don't like her. Only series I've not watched of Taskmaster is the one with her in. Just don't find her funny at all.

For balance, I really don't like Ed Byrne!
I have seen both live and thought Jo Brand was very funny and Ed Byrne not very funny at all.

The Jo Brand gig though was many, many moons ago. The 0203 Comedy Club in Coventry.

Users who are viewing this thread