David Speedie comments CWR (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Classic! Not quite as bad as when Atkinson was manager on a phone in and a woman was berating him for not selecting Coby Jones.

Went something along the lines of:

“why isn’t Coby playing”

“he’s not good enough”

It went on for a bit longer and Ron signed off by telling her to go and out the kettle on - there’s a good girl

clint van damme

I'm not sure it's worth anything more than an apology .. which no doubt he will end up giving

Don't agree with him , but not really that arsed about it either

The thing is, asI said earlier, he's been making obvious attempts to get into the media and then he comes out with this, what was he thinking? Really strange route to go down.

Evo1883

The thing is, asI said earlier, he's been making obvious attempts to get into the media and then he comes out with this, what was he thinking? Really strange route to go down.

Yea not great for your future job prospects having a potty mouth , but it's his opinion and if that's what he thinks then he will no doubt pay the price of being offered less work in the industry

That's just how it works, even if you think that you should no better than to actually say it on radio

clint van damme

If you say one thing on the twatter, that a majority dont agree with then they will “cancel” you….
Thats the cancel culture Im talking about, yes its not right but its funny

How do they cancel you?
I honestly don't get what you mean.
If they stop listening to you or not reading what they say that's not cancelling that's just choice.

clint van damme

Yea not great for your future job prospects having a potty mouth , but it's his opinion and if that's what he thinks then he will no doubt pay the price of being offered less work in the industry

That's just how it works, even if you think that you should no better than to actually say it on radio in today's world

Yeah, I agree. It's not what I personally want to hear so wouldn't listen to him if that's what he going to come out with rather than commenting on actual games.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

How do they cancel you?
I honestly don't get what you mean.
If they stop listening to you or not reading what they say that's not cancelling that's just choice.
Obviously, but they spread around this shit and any future opportunities you get may fade, did you hear about the Jack Maynard removal from Im a celebrity, Twitter brought up something he said in the past and he was “cancelled”

Evo1883

Also , my girls love coventry city , I actually have urged my girls to get into sports science etc because if their dream of playing professional didn't manifest then they can still be involved in the game they love if they choose ,(this could change as they are so young )

It's hard when you tell them a great player for us in the past thinks they are too involved 🤷‍♂️

Grendel

I think on a general discussion point unfortunately the women who generally do the presenting and interviewing on Tv are actually not very good

wingy

Asked my daughter what she thought and she looked at me angrily and said " he can go away " 🤣

She's 10
Well it is just his view but yes his values when glued together with others dinosaur attitudes may overall impact on people's daughters,wives etc.

clint van damme

Obviously, but they spread around this shit and any future opportunities you get may fade, did you hear about the Jack Maynard removal from Im a celebrity, Twitter brought up something he said in the past and he was “cancelled”

No I didn't. But I suppose it depends what he said.
I am uneasy with the way some stuff is dragged up from decades ago and used against people, JCH for example.
But you also have to think about your target audience.

GB News suspended a presenter for taking the knee. Was that cancel cultureor just out of kilter with what the channels audience want?

Users who are viewing this thread