Damien Collins MP to mention City in parliament (2 Viewers)

italiahorse

I get that the above sentiment is probably the thought of most and I won't argue that it isn't, however we have to also admit that with FFP Rules now every Club has to be bringing 100% revenue possible, Coventry City has never been close to achieving this at the Ricoh Arena despite who ever's fault it may be.

Problem is with that while we aren't bringing in the revenue, it also means we are not bringing in good enough players to compete, which means we are falling like a ton of bricks through the Football League.

I am all for changing the way football is run, but to an extent with our situation this is based on three parties not adult enough to discuss a deal suitable for everyone, forgetting trust issues, personal opinons, public attacks in the press and blind ignorance, Coventry City FC is being run into the Ground and has been for numerous years.

Alas while no sensible discussion or morale stances are obtained, the fans continue to suffer, the Club continues to struggle, the Club's employee's continue to struggle and the City itself continues to struggle, Coventry City needs to come home to the Ricoh, what is most important is that someone sensible brings all these parties to a table and handcuff them to it until a deal is agreed, whether it's CCFC obtaining ACL, or a rental deal with Matchday revenues or whether CCFC purchase the whole thing, it needs to be done.

Every person connected with the heirachy of Sisu, Coventry City FC, Arena Coventry Limited and Coventry City Council over the years, hang your heads in shame, you have let every fan down of this Football Club.

To be honest Rob we have not got a clue what is going on.

Have Sisu made a fair offer ? Answer .. We don't know.
Are Sisu willing to buy the contract from Compass who have invested a lot in the infrastructure ? Answer .. We don't know.

Why is this information not available from Sisu ? Answer .. I can only assume they haven't.

Are CCC willing to sell the Arena ? Answer .. No
Are they willing to give CCFC owners a long lease which effectively would allow them to have the same rights as owning the stadium ? Answer ... Yes

For me there is only one party dictating this ??

dongonzalos

Any return would go to those that owe the debt (I.e the investors/share holders) not to sisu personally, so I don't see how halving the debt to these investors (I.e losing half or more of their money) would be beneficial.

I can't see them ever getting their money back, but whilst it is written down as loans on paper they technically have lost nothing yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Some part of it creates over a million in interest rates. Would be good if that was halved

RoboCCFC90

To be honest Rob we have not got a clue what is going on.

Have Sisu made a fair offer ? Answer .. We don't know.
Are Sisu willing to buy the contract from Compass who have invested a lot in the infrastructure ? Answer .. We don't know.

Why is this information not available from Sisu ? Answer .. I can only assume they haven't.

Are CCC willing to sell the Arena ? Answer .. No
Are they willing to give CCFC owners a long lease which effectively would allow them to have the same rights as owning the stadium ? Answer ... Yes

For me there is only one party dictating this ??

At this moment in time I would agree with you one party does seem to be standing in front of all the possible routes to a solution, however my post wasn't highlighting just the here and now which truthfully is pathetic, but this situation has boiled over many years, we didn't just become a poorly run Club overnight, it started with Richardson and has transpired through to Sisu, yet the same could be said about this whole Ricoh Arena fiasco, everyone involved in the project from the begininning through to now has not done the project any justice,

All parties should be held accountable, the parties I hold accountable most are Sisu and Richardson, but every party should share the blame, every fan has been let down.

Kingokings204

I agree all parties are to blame but like italias post suggests and with any failing/failed business (ccfc) the book has to stop with the owners. I run my own business and If I fail I would not blame anyone as it is stupid and doesn't change anything.

The owners can control the club and they haven't moved to Northampton for a laugh they have done it to benefit them and them only. Unfortunately they are in too deep now and cant just leave like we would like. I personally think they should admit defeat and cut their losses as this club is moving only one way and that's down so when TF said " we wont sell as we are bottom of the business cycle" he is wrong as there are many leagues below us and many more millions to lose.

italiahorse

I agree all parties are to blame but like italias post suggests and with any failing/failed business (ccfc) the book has to stop with the owners. I run my own business and If I fail I would not blame anyone as it is stupid and doesn't change anything.

The owners can control the club and they haven't moved to Northampton for a laugh they have done it to benefit them and them only. Unfortunately they are in too deep now and cant just leave like we would like. I personally think they hould admit defeat and cut their losses as this club is moving only one way and that's down so when TF said " we wont sell as we are bottom of the business cycle" he is wrong as there are many leagues below us and many more millions to lose.

If my business is failing and I am loosing £6M per year I would get out now.
If I stay in for another year I will loose another £6M.
Looking to the future getting out now saves me £6M every 12 Months.

Forget your losses and fkuc off.

dongonzalos

I'm not trying to throw eggs at anyone. It's good that the subject is discussed, but the problem is the subject is discussed and discussed again with lots of sympathetic tutting from the newpapers, Five Live, Talk Sport, etc etc but nothing ever gets resolved and it never will. If SISU were bothered by bad publicity, etc then we'd have been playing at the Ricoh all season.

They are.
They have to be
Not the publicity that states its nasty to Coventry Fans that we are in Northampton.

What they have to be careful about is the publicity that states the club are losing six million a year. The club are 45 million in debt.
The long term solution to this does not seem economically viable.
If you heard all that would you be rushing to them with your savings?

Kingokings204

If my business is failing and I am loosing £6M per year I would get out now.
If I stay in for another year I will loose another £6M.
Looking to the future getting out now saves me £6M every 12 Months.

Forget your losses and fkuc off.

6m million and the rest italia. 7m last year without the Northampton move so more likely around 10m a year.

I like you would get out now if I were otium and maybe they will once the JR is over and if they lose its time to pack up and if they win they get a slice of ricoh or acl and then sell up.

Either way they are still losing millions and club only going one way so no chance of commercial or football side success. Relegation next year is almost certain and they must know this.

Users who are viewing this thread