Damien Collins MP to mention City in parliament (4 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Move out the way council?? what and give SISU control of a city asset, i don't trust them to run the club never mind give them more connection to our city.. They can't be trusted and if they have not shown this over the last 8 years you will never see wrong in how these people are allowed to carry on the distruction of the club.. I do agree the council should not be involved in the club but maybe they are the only ones who are strong enough to stand up against SISU who have no regard for our club, city or its people..

Secondly the council paid for the stadium and surely have as much right as anyone to ask the market price for it not 7mill as priced by SISU, because pound to a pinch of shit they would not sell it for that if they got rights to sellling it...And if its about people getting the money back then i think 34 mill was the CCC input, so although they have had monies back the certainly haven't had 27mill out of it...

£34m? It was approx £10m and they've in essence invested a further £14m by way of a loan to ACL.

stupot07

Albeit in a part of the world where commercial land and property costs a lot more.

Not that it's even worth arguing over the merits of the 'new stadium', it won't happen.

Very true. Can't really compare with London prices. And agree there will be no 'new stadium'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

italiahorse

I'd sooner the club owned it than either party.

£34m? It was approx £10m and they've in essence invested a further £14m by way of a loan to ACL.

As you well know the club will never own it. It's a choice between Sisu and CCC.

I think you'll find if you include previous land ownership and it's realised value the figures for CCC contribution is way above that.

wingy

Very true. Can't really compare with London prices. And agree there will be no 'new stadium'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Yet mr Linnel Is absolutely convinced they will build It If necessary.

Grendel

Yet mr Linnel Is absolutely convinced they will build It If necessary.

He also thought anyone who wanted thorn sacked "knows nothing about football"

Nick

Administrator
And Di Canio would be back at Swindon, that was bang on fact, you heard it hear first.

wingy

The Council were originally exposed for £31M.

The YB loan and 50yr lease to ACL was the vehicle by which the council recouped £21M.

As a result of It's current loan It Is exposed for £24M.

italiahorse

Seem to remember yes 59 million wasn't it? So why didn't the council just keep the money?

I bet they wish they had :thinking about:

However their love of CCFC meant they invested it back into a stadium whose future was secured against a very long lease :confused:

RoboCCFC90

Move out the way council?? what and give SISU control of a city asset, i don't trust them to run the club never mind give them more connection to our city.. They can't be trusted and if they have not shown this over the last 8 years you will never see wrong in how these people are allowed to carry on the distruction of the club.. I do agree the council should not be involved in the club but maybe they are the only ones who are strong enough to stand up against SISU who have no regard for our club, city or its people..

Secondly the council paid for the stadium and surely have as much right as anyone to ask the market price for it not 7mill as priced by SISU, because pound to a pinch of shit they would not sell it for that if they got rights to sellling it...And if its about people getting the money back then i think 34 mill was the CCC input, so although they have had monies back the certainly haven't had 27mill out of it...

If you have a better idea then the floor is yours......

Problem is you'll say either:

A) Sisu should sell the Club to someone who can be trusted
B) Take a rent deal at the Ricoh

Of which none of the two options bare any relevance as both have been dismissed, the easiest way to sort this would be for the Club and the Ricoh to be united as one, problem is everyone comes out with a million reasons why that shouldn't be the case.

Last edited:

italiahorse

He also thought anyone who wanted thorn sacked "knows nothing about football"

I think because he becomes to close to them (Friends ?) and then backs them up.
Not what we want really where we need to get to the facts.
He was good at the forums but now he is just another Sisu puppet.

RoboCCFC90

I would sooner the Council own it than Sisu, wouldn't you?

A Council is not allowed to own a Football Club so although that's way you may prefer it's not as likely that the Council will own the Club before Sisu own the Ricoh :D

italiahorse

If you have a better idea then the floor is yours......

Problem is you'll say either:

A) Sisu should sell the Club to someone who can be trusted
B) Take a rent deal at the Ricoh

Of which none of the two options bare any relevance as both have been dismissed, the easiest way to sort this would be for the Clun and the Ricoh to be united as one, problem is everyone comes out with a million reasons why that shouldn't be the case.

To be fair there are a millions reasons.
For the club to own it someone would have to buy the Ricoh and give it to the club.

RoboCCFC90

To be fair there are a millions reasons.
For the club to own it someone would have to buy the Ricoh and give it to the club.

I concur however when you have comments such as "what and give SISU control of a city asset" it's not likely when no one wants Sisu to buy it and wants to pick and choose who has the right.

Chipfat

I posted my opinion, answers to a the problem i don't have.. What i do know is that Sisu should not control the Ricoh and in my opinion be owners of OUR football club. Answers to that problem will come in time, but i hope when these people leave the fans have more control in both club and stadium to stop this situation ever happening again.

RoboCCFC90

I posted my opinion, answers to a the problem i don't have.. What i do know is that Sisu should not control the Ricoh and in my opinion be owners of OUR football club. Answers to that problem will come in time, but i hope when these people leave the fans have more control in both club and stadium to stop this situation ever happening again.

And there in lies the issue we have, as fans we don't have an answer or an influence, we are pawns in a game of Chess.

None of us want Sisu to own the Football Club, but they won't be forced out and insist they won't be bought out, so we have no choice but to accept what we have and look at other avenues.

chiefdave

Would the council have invested £54m without Tesco? Yes or no will do.

If it's not being disputed that the council got Tesco to pay £54m for council owned land than it follows that it was the councils money and there's nothing to say they had to put it into the arena project. No reason they couldn't have sold the land to Tesco and not bothered building a new ground.

stupot07

If it's not being disputed that the council got Tesco to pay £54m for council owned land than it follows that it was the councils money and there's nothing to say they had to put it into the arena project. No reason they couldn't have sold the land to Tesco and not bothered building a new ground.

Tesco may not have paid that much for the land had it not been part of a bigger development project and vision.

Last edited:

chiefdave

Tesco may not have paid that much for the land had it not been part of a bigger development project and vision.

I'm not sure Tesco think having a football stadium causing traffic jams on matchday is a plus point. The other stores and restaurants could still have happened without the stadium being built.

Users who are viewing this thread