Damien Collins MP to mention City in parliament (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

Damian Collins ‏@DamianCollins 1h

. @CoventryCity_87 yes. I'll be mentioning Coventry City in my debate on reforming football finance. It is terrible what has been done there
View conversation

The member for Folkestone and Hythe is chairing a meeting at Westminster this afternoon on reforming football finance.

And in a tweet this morning he said: "I'll be mentioning Coventry City in my debate on reforming football finance. It is terrible what has been done there."

lewys33

The member for Folkestone and Hythe is chairing a meeting at Westminster this afternoon on reforming football finance.

And in a tweet this morning he said: "I'll be mentioning Coventry City in my debate on reforming football finance. It is terrible what has been done there."

The new stadium is definitely happening though ;)

hill83

Ooh exciting. Anyone joining me on the grass outside? We'll be back at the Ricoh by tomorrow now.

J

Jack Griffin

Simon Gilbert ‏@TheSimonGilbert 22m

Just spoken with @DamianCollins ahead of his debate on Football Finance today. Made some interesting and powerful statements about Sky Blues

ahccfc

Banned
According to Parliamentary calendar, this is a meeting rather than a debate. I don't think it will be on TV, because it is in Westminster Hall 2:30pm-4:00pm

Shame really

ahccfc

Banned
There is virtually nobody there!

If this had wide appeal amongst MP's, surely the room would be packed. It's about the creditor's rule, not really going to do much wrt status of owners.

ahccfc

Banned
scrub that - sure as eggs r eggs he then mentions city! Think it is a very good idea to have licence to be able to own a club! Not just the useless Fit & proper test as it is now

olderskyblue

blimey, the 87 cup final just got a mention...

Nick

Administrator
The only thing I am not sure about is how he wants football teams to be linked to stadiums, if the football team don't own the ground it is a lot harder to force them to stay there isn't it?

torchomatic

Thing is, he can say what he likes, doesn't mean anything will ever get done about it. He feels good about himself and he gets a few pats on the back and the world spins....

The only thing I am not sure about is how he wants football teams to be linked to stadiums, if the football team don't own the ground it is a lot harder to force them to stay there isn't it?

olderskyblue

and the minster has just admitted "she takes the gentleman members point".....

Buster

Thing is, he can say what he likes, doesn't mean anything will ever get done about it. He feels good about himself and he gets a few pats on the back and the world spins....
Quite a few people seem to be coming out and trying to spread the word of our plight and all some of us can do is throw eggs at them .Why is that ?

Nick

Administrator
I would much prefer that "clubs" own it. In an ideal world the stadium would be linked.

Chipfat

Move out the way council?? what and give SISU control of a city asset, i don't trust them to run the club never mind give them more connection to our city.. They can't be trusted and if they have not shown this over the last 8 years you will never see wrong in how these people are allowed to carry on the distruction of the club.. I do agree the council should not be involved in the club but maybe they are the only ones who are strong enough to stand up against SISU who have no regard for our club, city or its people..

Secondly the council paid for the stadium and surely have as much right as anyone to ask the market price for it not 7mill as priced by SISU, because pound to a pinch of shit they would not sell it for that if they got rights to sellling it...And if its about people getting the money back then i think 34 mill was the CCC input, so although they have had monies back the certainly haven't had 27mill out of it...

Last edited:

italiahorse

I would much prefer that "clubs" own it. In an ideal world the stadium would be linked.

Agree. In an ideal world CCFC would own it, but that is a long, long way off.

The best we can hope is Sisu accept some sort of very long lease and the Council make it a peppercorn rent.
We do need to factor in the additional revenues but these will need to be bought by Sisu, again hopefully at a minimal price and may not be immediately available as they require.

shmmeee

Agreed. That's why a leasehold is the only option. Once you sell the freehold nothing to stop the two getting split. A nice long leasehold with peppercorn rent and all football tevenues please.

Users who are viewing this thread