Cwr (1 Viewer)

RegTheDonk

Would it be +44800 756 5200
Think it's slightly different for 0800 numbers if this is correct? ...

It’s also important to remember that the way in which you place your 0800 call will depend on the location abroad from where the call is being placed. For example, calling 0800 numbers within the UK would typically require you to dial 0800 XXX XXXX. However, when calling 0800 numbers from abroad (outside the UK, Canada or the US), you would be required to dial 00 44 800 XXX XXXX. The “44” represents the UK’s country code and you’ll note that there is no “0” preceding the “800”. When dialling from Canada or the US, you would be required to dial 011 44 800 XXX XXXX, whereby the “00” has been replaced with “011” and once again, there is no “0” preceding the “800”.
Phoning 0800 numbers from abroad - how much does it cost? | Number Supermarket

Think CWR phone you back anyway don't they?

Irish Sky Blue

Again it's all off the record which is why people don't trust anyone that's the problem. The only person we have heard about the indemnity clause from in the public space is Dave boddy who said it was the reason for the talks breaking down and im sure we can all agree that if it wasn't true wasps would correct it publicly.

Nick Eastwood has said that the complaint to the EU isnt the reason the talks broke down, it's blatantly obvious to anyone with any sense that wasps want this clause because they know they underpaid but why should ccfc cover them for what they did? Why can't the trust or the local media ask this question, that's the frustrating bit
That’s exactly it. The Telegraph and CWR have the ability to raise this, clarify the situation and challenge Wasps but they don’t. The Telegraph’s position I understand more than CWR. You would think that Wasps are a valuable advertiser and they fill a lot of column inches with Wasps news. Turning Wasps against them would be costly. However, it doesn’t make what they are doing right and in effect it can be said that their silence has been bought. CWR on the other hand have nothing to lose financially. I would have thought that their audience for Wasps games and Wasps news would be fairly minimal. What is it that is stopping them from asking the questions that would really clarify the situation? I think there are still a lot of City fans who really don’t know or understand the indemnity issue.lf they did,a negative reaction to Wasps would be a lot more in evidence and may result in more going to St Andrews.

Sky Blue Pete

Think it's slightly different for 0800 numbers if this is correct? ...

It’s also important to remember that the way in which you place your 0800 call will depend on the location abroad from where the call is being placed. For example, calling 0800 numbers within the UK would typically require you to dial 0800 XXX XXXX. However, when calling 0800 numbers from abroad (outside the UK, Canada or the US), you would be required to dial 00 44 800 XXX XXXX. The “44” represents the UK’s country code and you’ll note that there is no “0” preceding the “800”. When dialling from Canada or the US, you would be required to dial 011 44 800 XXX XXXX, whereby the “00” has been replaced with “011” and once again, there is no “0” preceding the “800”.
Phoning 0800 numbers from abroad - how much does it cost? | Number Supermarket

Think CWR phone you back anyway don't they?
Not usually on a Friday as no one else on lol

Nick

Administrator
That’s exactly it. The Telegraph and CWR have the ability to raise this, clarify the situation and challenge Wasps but they don’t. The Telegraph’s position I understand more than CWR. You would think that Wasps are a valuable advertiser and they fill a lot of column inches with Wasps news. Turning Wasps against them would be costly. However, it doesn’t make what they are doing right and in effect it can be said that their silence has been bought. CWR on the other hand have nothing to lose financially. I would have thought that their audience for Wasps games and Wasps news would be fairly minimal. What is it that is stopping them from asking the questions that would really clarify the situation? I think there are still a lot of City fans who really don’t know or understand the indemnity issue.lf they did,a negative reaction to Wasps would be a lot more in evidence and may result in more going to St Andrews.

The Telegraph have misled and confused people for years. Gilbert used to gloat about it as well.

NortonSkyBlue

This is the problem with looking back rather than forward. There’s no unity looking back only in pursuing a workable solution going forward.

will we ever know the truth? I doubt it.

Is there a sustainable answer to us playing in coventry next year. I bloody well hope so
This is the way to unblock the impasse. Playing the blame game only drives a deeper wedge and makes a solution less likely.
Pete is correct IMO. We need a "Good Friday" agreement, one where all parties feel as though there is a win in it for them.
It should have dawned on us and Wasps that.there is no real workable alternative for us and them.
I hate saying this but we can be stronger together.
There is no stadium on the horizon but there is one in Coventry,

Sky Blue Pete

Again it's all off the record which is why people don't trust anyone that's the problem. The only person we have heard about the indemnity clause from in the public space is Dave boddy who said it was the reason for the talks breaking down and im sure we can all agree that if it wasn't true wasps would correct it publicly.

Nick Eastwood has said that the complaint to the EU isnt the reason the talks broke down, it's blatantly obvious to anyone with any sense that wasps want this clause because they know they underpaid but why should ccfc cover them for what they did? Why can't the trust or the local media ask this question, that's the frustrating bit
Excellent question! Really excellent indeed and your reading of the situation is spot on as far as I can tell

I can tell you the answers based on some conversations and other things said on the radio

Cwr - Sisu didn’t need to move. Make of that what you will
Wasps - Discussions did continue, could continue and even though we’ve been treated appallingly could still continue. Make of that what you will
Ccc - Discussions are between two independent businesses and therefore nothing to do with us. We can’t make wasps do anything. Mmmmm make of that what you will
Trust - we’ve got wasps to change their opinion and be willing to talk again. Now it’s up to ccfc and Sisu to talk to us or them but theyre not responding. Mmmm wonder why?

Ccfc refused to talk indemnity on radio interview recently although they’ve clearly stated in their statement why talks broke off and this wasn’t countered by wasps so make of that what you will

fans - a mixture of can’t we just focus on the football and we need to get back to coventry as soon as possible but if that’s next season at the earliest then ok but tell us it’s completely unacceptable to keep everyone in the dark, unless a)nothing is happening or b) something is happening and you can’t talk about it

I think we really need our local media to be investigating the reason we are outside of our city playing our home games and if the answer from any of the parties is no comment or nda then that needs to be said and included. Rather than just spewing we need to back in coventry and ccfc and Sisu need to sort it out. Tell me how and when and I’m all ears

they will say coversations are off the record so can’t be made public

bloomin eck!!!

Nick

Administrator
Why do CWR keep saying that CCFC chose to move? Why did Stuart say the indemnity wasn't an issue and then go back on it?

If CCC say they can't do anything, why have they previously said they could help if legals are dropped?

Trust - They are just a walking contradiction.

The local media have no appetite to investigate, you can see how worked up you got people just by questioning it. Isn't that telling?

Sky Blue Pete

Why do CWR keep saying that CCFC chose to move? Why did Stuart say the indemnity wasn't an issue and then go back on it?

If CCC say they can't do anything, why have they previously said they could help if legals are dropped?

Trust - They are just a walking contradiction.

The local media have no appetite to investigate, you can see how worked up you got people just by questioning it. Isn't that telling?
Because a deal could have been done even with the Eu complaint I presume

Ccc I haven’t really pushed but they’ve washed their hands of it in previous email discussions between cllr duggins and me and other fans

Trust - I understand some of their issues more than I did before I tried to do something

Local media - Clive has been better recently. Asking some good questions recently if fans who weren’t going. I think cwr given all their years on this think Sisu are the blocker and so everything is tainted by this opinion. They may be right of course. Part of me doesn’t care if they are or not they should still be balanced

Nick

Administrator
Yes but the deal could only have been done if the indemnity was agreed to?

CCC - Duggins has previously said if legals are dropped they can help. Yet other times they cant do anything?

The local media should just present people with all of the facts, they purposely stir up confusion. Gilbert was terrible for it.

Sky Blue Pete

Yes but the deal could only have been done if the indemnity was agreed to?

CCC - Duggins has previously said if legals are dropped they can help. Yet other times they cant do anything?

The local media should just present people with all of the facts, they purposely stir up confusion. Gilbert was terrible for it.
Yep as well as a lot of this stuff being confusing of course

Sky Blue Pete

@Sky Blue Pete What have wasps said in regards to the forum statement mate?
Publicly nothing
I exchanged emails with Nick Eastwood and had an off the record conversation with him that even confirming I spoke to him is more than he was happy for me to share but I really don’t think I’m breaking any confidences by saying i did speak to him. In fact I thought what a plonkerish thing to say. It only shows him in a good light for having the good grace to have a conversation with a set of supporters. He implied lots of things but didn’t say anything. I think I can see why the trust have sent an open set of questions to be answered if they met with the same comment. If nothing changes over the next few weeks I fully intend to complete a further statement that I hope isn’t nothing has changed, why does nobody care but it might be and to ask for another discussion with him
He was nice enough but I don’t want nice a want a timeline to us playing in coventry at the Ricoh in the first instance in a sustainable manner for all parties from next season at the latest

Nick

Administrator
Publicly nothing
I exchanged emails with Nick Eastwood and had an off the record conversation with him that even confirming I spoke to him is more than he was happy for me to share but I really don’t think I’m breaking any confidences by saying i did speak to him. In fact I thought what a plonkerish thing to say. It only shows him in a good light for having the good grace to have a conversation with a set of supporters. He implied lots of things but didn’t say anything. I think I can see why the trust have sent an open set of questions to be answered if they met with the same comment. If nothing changes over the next few weeks I fully intend to complete a further statement that I hope isn’t nothing has changed, why does nobody care but it might be and to ask for another discussion with him
He was nice enough but I don’t want nice a want a timeline to us playing in coventry at the Ricoh in the first instance in a sustainable manner for all parties from next season at the latest

Sounds like he just wanted to bullshit you to stop you from saying things, to be honest.

mr_monkey

Publicly nothing

So basically he is identical to Tim fisher... What a surprise... Did he get another round of applause at the end of his meeting with another set of supporters?

Nick

Administrator
He was properly flustered

Why is it on the trust to represent people?
Started off calling him Matt, ended up calling him Rob.

Then it was Paul.

Reactions: AOM

Nick

Administrator
Bloke on there now couldn't afford a season ticket so gave it up a couple of years ago.

Now on telling everybody he just won't go? It's his choice.

Stuart is trying to lead him in a certain direction

Users who are viewing this thread