Cwr (1 Viewer)

shepardo01

He got in such a tizzy that called me by three different names. It’s like he’s part of an overall agenda to not expose Wasps and their indemnity demand as being the reason why we’re not playing in Coventry.

I’ll definitely call again.
Hope you do!
Well done!... not caught it yet but it continues to try to keep things that are being quietened down a little more noisy.
Enjoyed the continuation on Twitter too.
At least he engaged, unlike Neil from the trust who now ignores everything.
Keep up the good work everybody. (Pete, Nick, Grendel and everyone having an input over whatever channels they can.)

Great_Expectations

Just listened back to US’ bit - that’s the first time I’ve listened to the Friday phone in for about ten years.

Linnell sounds as though he has an agenda and comes across like a smug twat.

Edit: and really isn’t the brightest and/or well informed. I don’t think he made one decent counter argument to any of your points.

Sky Blue Pete

Wow he wasn’t happy about the tweet. I think it’s fine to make a choice not to go but the local media should be encouraging people to go

Liquid Gold

Great work US. I've just caught up after spending the dreaded v day evening with Ms LG.

Had him completely on the ropes there. I particularly enjoyed him trying to absolve the trust of any responsibility as they're "just a group of supporters"

Philosorapter

Just listening to the phone in now. Excellent calls from usskyblue and Jim Brown. Still listening.

clint van damme

No we can't return because a hedge fund embarked a tour of the UK legal system

isn't the current issue surrounding a complaint to the EU?
Good lad US.

He definitely seems to have an agenda...

as the old adage about journalism says - if someone tells you its raining, your job isn't to report that it's raining, your job is to go outside and see if it is.

Sky Blue Pete

I think the trust did good stuff following our statement. They published notes of meeting with wasps and their letter asking pertinent and relevant questions. That was good. Wasps won’t answer them though as they smell of roses in most people’s eyes so why risk saying something that muddies this. I’m certain that Stuart is concerned that the conversations are happening but I’m not sure why he is. I know some on here assume it’s because he loves wasps but it might not be that simple. I’m also pretty sure that wasps and ccc and cwr are incredulous that anyone would blame anyone but Sisu for anything that is bad and not give Sisu any credit for anything good. Well that’s just daft.

I know he was angry when saying if he wasn’t doing his job he wouldn’t attend and I think Clive would say the same. If that’s the case it’s no wonder they don’t encourage the fans to go. They think it’s wrong, talk about lack of balance

I think what you showed usskyblue and many others is that it’s great what Mark robins and the team have done this year and they’ve probably saved the club but ffs come on while it’s good let’s not forget that it is essential this doesn’t last for longer than a season and things like this don’t just resolve themselves it takes intentional and proactive pressure to be put on anyone who can do anything and that certainly includes cwr and cet.

stay_up_skyblues

Did I? What did it say

Missed it while I was playing football

He said he had a Tweet from SB Talk saying (something along the lines of) he’s a hypocrite discouraging fans from, or understanding fans that don’t go to, StAn. He replied along the lines of he only goes because of his job and he probably wouldn’t if it wasn’t for work.

He then thanked SB Talk for closely caring about him and what he does “as usual” or something like that. Was in last 10 minutes I think.

Grendel

Linnell and his smooth veneer collapsed both on the show and in his spat on twitter

Nick

Administrator
He said he had a Tweet from SB Talk saying (something along the lines of) he’s a hypocrite discouraging fans from, or understanding fans that don’t go to, StAn. He replied along the lines of he only goes because of his job and he probably wouldn’t if it wasn’t for work.

He then thanked SB Talk for closely caring about him and what he does “as usual” or something like that. Was in last 10 minutes I think.
I asked if he felt so strongly, why does he go?

Genuine question as I'm sure the BBC won't sack him if he didn't

He doesn't like being corrected with actual facts.

Nick

Administrator
Stuart now admits he has said things on air that were incorrect yet he can't see an issue about balance or misleading fans?

LincolnNick

Couldn’t have happened to anyone more deserving. He is a legend in his own head, and that pomposity has been apparent in his broadcasting for years.

All down to a great call from US!
Just listened to the show last night and agree SL comes over as arrogant and sarcastic. The swipe that the reason for people not attending is due to playing in Brum rather than lack of information shows his disregard of the cause of our exile. Any “Journalist” worth their salt has to understand the cause/effect of issues and not superficially make glib statements. I have always found him superficial and I sure he would not be attending games if he was not being paid to do so. It’s time he retired and gave someone else a chance.

Nick

Administrator
Clive is already annoyed at somebody saying get behind the players and manager and it's not their fault.

mrtrench

You complete bowl movement

giphy.gif

Grendel

Clive is already annoyed at somebody saying get behind the players and manager and it's not their fault.

Yes that was desperate still you and your brummie accent lightened the mood in the end

Users who are viewing this thread