Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Cruellist chants

mark_ccfc

Squad Player
Joined
Sep 25, 2013
Messages
860
Reaction score
396
I vaguely remember - probably back in the early seventies at highfield road - we were playing the team who Asa Hartford played for (was it Man City?). In a previous transfer the medical found that Asa had a hole in-the heart condition. I was in the west end at the time, and when Hartford came near to us the crowd started chanting "There's a hole in you heart, dear Asa,dear Asa, there's a hole in you heart, dear Asa a hole" in the tune of "There's a hole in you bucket, dear Liza....etc". Thought that one was a bit cruel!

Any worse?
 
“Oh Dion Dublin, went to Aston Villa and he broke his neck” was pretty bad. As we’re the chants of “”what the fucking hell is that” and “Freeeaaaaakkkkk” when Peter Crouch was starting out and came on against us for Portsmouth. Both not nice.

The tasteless SBA response to the Marlon King chant from the oppo was easily the cruelest, albeit not to Marlon but the poor girl he assaulted.
 
In the west end against west brom and even back then I found "Regis Regis gimme that banana" repulsive
Bet they weren't singing it a few years later when he was one of our greatest ever
 
I remember Peter Shilton getting merciless stick from the West End when he got caught with a lady friend in the back seat of his car.
Tina Tina Tina

all very wrong
 
I am sure they sung Tina’s into whips and chains do da to Peter Shilton
 
I vaguely remember - probably back in the early seventies at highfield road - we were playing the team who Asa Hartford played for (was it Man City?). In a previous transfer the medical found that Asa had a hole in-the heart condition. I was in the west end at the time, and when Hartford came near to us the crowd started chanting "There's a hole in you heart, dear Asa,dear Asa, there's a hole in you heart, dear Asa a hole" in the tune of "There's a hole in you bucket, dear Liza....etc". Thought that one was a bit cruel!

Any worse?
I do remember that, very cruel. There was also one about that time aimed at Everton about a couple of their players, to the 7 dwarfs tune Hi Ho. Wouldn't repeat is as it would not be acceptable today, as many of them at the time wouldn't be now.
 
The sex offender chant smacks of stupidity. Someone basically realised bender and offender rhyme. I cringe when I hear it purely because it makes zero fucking sense.
 
Also I remember when van persie was accused of rape, fans sang (to the tune of craig davids re-wind)

Van..per..sie.

When a girl says no, Molseta.

Not bad that
 
I do remember that, very cruel. There was also one about that time aimed at Everton about a couple of their players, to the 7 dwarfs tune Hi Ho. Wouldn't repeat is as it would not be acceptable today, as many of them at the time wouldn't be now.
I remember a version aimed at John Pardoe Man City.
 
The sex offender chant smacks of stupidity. Someone basically realised bender and offender rhyme. I cringe when I hear it purely because it makes zero fucking sense.

The noise today from our fans was exceptional, thankfully the above song was the quietest.
 
Remember us playing QPR away (on TV) and them singing 'about Dion 'he's got a malteser on his head' . Also at Forest, when Chippo and Hadji were playing. Forest fans were singing 'where's your caravan?'
 
"who's that dying on the runway, who's that dying in the snow..."

I've chanted it.

Not my finest moment at HR.
 
"who's that dying on the runway, who's that dying in the snow..."

I've chanted it.

Not my finest moment at HR.
I think a lot of us had a bang on that one back in the day - Same as, not proud of my contribution.
I remember, the late 1980's and a trip up to Ayresome Park, around the the time of the 'Cleveland child sex case scandal'.
A lot of kids were taken into care as a consequence of allegations.
We were already getting dogs loads of abuse from the locals when some bright spark decided to chime this one up:
"Where's yer children gone, where's yer children gone"?
 
There's only one Arsene Wenger
One Arsene Wenger
With a packet of sweets and a cheeky smile
Arsene Wenger is a fucking paedophile
 
The funniest was at the FACup final between Man City and Man Utd. The City fans were singing Je Sung Park, what the fuck, he's got a face like a crispy duck. They had a point too be fair.
 
There's only one Arsene Wenger
One Arsene Wenger
With a packet of sweets and a cheeky smile
Arsene Wenger is a fucking paedophile
That was first sung about Graham Rix after he was sent to prison for sex,with a 15 year old
 
In the 90’s when Jack Walker was spending his fortune at Blackburn and can remember the sba singing, we hope Jack Walker dies.
 
This is not one I heard myself, but I heard about, so don't quote me on it. Some away fans shouted to Oggy and when he turned round they said "how can you be so ugly with just one head?". If it was true , as a fellow ugly git, I felt for him!
 
Anyone remember a Manc derby on match of the day, City had a young Peter Barnes who had been interviewed on local radio and poor chap had a bad stammer and as loud as it could be United fans sang Barnsy, Barnsy give us a speech and even mimicked a stutter, it caught on and other fans including us copied.
 
The “your mums your dad etc” chant. Makes everyone singing it look like a complete cnut. So cruel…
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom