Match Thread Coventry City v Morecambe Match Thread Saturday 5th May (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Well we just needed to avoid defeat against a side fighting to stay up. We both get what we want but will we replicate last weeks form or that of today in the play off's? Is it just the case of how we set up to play today to avoid a banana skin? I hope so.

stupot07

What an awful way to clinch a play off spot.

PS. What a bunch of nobs some of our fans are. Jobs nowhere near done. We have only clinched a play off spot we have not been promoted idiots. Embarrassing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Esoterica

Well when you start turning down basic forward passes to go backwards and pulling out of 50/50s, it becomes a very fine line between trying not to win rather than trying not to lose. You can try not to lose in the spirit of the game and that was pretty borderline for me. Happy to be in the play offs but a disappointing way to do it.

Grendel

Sorry don' agree you moan when fans don't turn up and expect thto watch this shit and even come back.
Don't care they only needed a draw we payed to watch a game of football not this shit.
Unfair on other clubs we didn't try.

No it isnt - loads of end of season games have no reflection on performance over a season

Accrington would have been the easiest team to play for anyone today.

Mucca Mad Boys

Very obvious gamesmanship going on. Both teams needed a draw, both teams played out the game.

The bookies knew what was what.

I feel bad for Barnet fans tbh...

Esoterica

No it isnt - loads of end of season games have no reflection on performance over a season

Accrington would have been the easiest team to play for anyone today.
If it was anyone else I'd believe that was a real opinion but I genuinely think you've just latched on to an excuse for JCH's dire performance.

Paul Anthony

Couldn't care how we did it personally. All that matters is that we did.

jordan210

This result was written days ago. We knew it would be a 0-0. We got the points we needed I assume no injuries and now can get ready for the most important games we have had in a long time

covcity4life

This shud have been a happy day. Perfect weather. Big crowd. Happy to hwve clinched playoffs but not happy with performance feom minute 1. If it was last 10 mins u can understand a gebtlemans agreement tonsuit both teams but from min 1 we looked lethargic

Users who are viewing this thread