Match Thread Coventry v Sheff Utd Match Thread - Thursday 15th Dec (1 Viewer)

Great_Expectations

MV didn't come across particularly well inthat interview, it was Partridge esque, but in all fairness he was being interviewed as the manager so he has every right to want to discuss football. I agree he should have given an opinion, but he's stuck between a rock and a hard place.

He's been asked to manage the team, which he's admitted he doesn't want to do, he's probably desperate to step away but realises there is nobody else to fill in if he does, so he stays on.

His decision making (WRIGHT!!) and tactics are poor, but he's playing with a rigged deck.

We need a new manager asap, but I'm sure he's as frustrated as we are.

Edit: This reads like I'm pro Venus or that interview wasn't cringeworthy, neither of which are true, I just have an element of sympathy for him.

Last edited:

Great_Expectations

Also not sure why Bigi is being picked out for criticism, especially ahead of the lies of Wright and Agyei. Admittedly his tackling is poor, but technically he's a good player. His long range passing can be disappointing, but he's heavily involved in play, never hides, is calm under pressure and moves the ball around well.

Plus, who would want to play in that midfield with those strikers and their non movement and lack of positional sense ahead of you. To an extent you are only as good as the players around you.

letsallsingtogether

Not so much about going down, just mean people not bothered about the result.
We were talking about that today was quite shocked how ST holders were saying they were embarrassed with them selves for not feeling hurt anymore when we lose.
Sadly more feeling that way, that is why they are walking away those fans will be lost forever.
Hopefully tonight might ignite the passion back into the fans.

Kingokings204

Venus interview via the link (thanks) was a joke. It sums up everything wrong with the football club. No responsibility, no courage, no balls and completely shirked every question. He is part of the problem.

We are going down to league 1 and fast.

Captain Dart

Paxman II

He did. Thought he was distinctly average first half, but in the second half I thought he had a very good game and was dictating play.

I know some also have a problem with Rose, but what I like about him is he is a box to box player, something we have been yearning for, for a while now.

He didn't have a good game, but he links the defensive midfield with the strikers just outside the opposition box, by breaking from the back to the attack and he does make intelligent runs.

Shame his ability on the ball isn't great, but we need a player like him. Hopefully we can pick up someone better, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thought Wright was abysmal. Like everyone else, completely baffled as to why he wasn't the first to be replaced.

DKE is not good enough for League One football at the moment.

As for Lameiras, well, once again we saw the best and worst of him tonight. He does something great and then loses possession, or gets tackled easily next time out.

A very frustrating player.

I thought RCC did quite well tonight. Not sure on that first goal. It was hit very hard and the reaction time needed was minuscule.

Sordell I thought played very well.

We are definitely going to miss McCann. Big priority in January to replace him.

So, we need a new McCann, a better Rose and at least one more striker to replace Aygei and/or Wright.

Oh and a defence too please.
We need a manager first O instead of this douche that only talks football. His wife must be bored to tears.

pipkin73

You mean like me 4000 miles away. Sheff Utd fans SCUM
Nose broke,right eye now fully closed and left eye only half open. 7 Utd fans never liked it when we scored, gave it the sky blue song then when our fans went on the pitch they surrounded me, knocked me to the ground and had a great time. Lucky i'm local so within in 20 seconds they were gone as the other locals squared up.

Last edited:

Paxman II

Just seen the Venus interview. The man has no balls. Does he not realise talking about the football club IS talking about football? Its all related man.
He lost the dressing room last week and I'm surprised the team did so well tonight but if this man remains at the club the situation will get worse still and become irretrievable as far as staying in this league is concerned.
Anywhere else that did not have a big city behind it the football club would attract hardly a soul through the turnstiles. As it is, live on TV, all the problems and yet nearly 9k were there on a Thursday night. They don't know how lucky they are at CCFC. And the manager can't speak to the fans when given the opportunity? Shame on him and the people behind this once proud club.

wingy

Nose broke,right eye now fully closed and left eye only half open. 7 Utd fans never liked it when we scored, gave it the sky blue song then when our fans went on the pitch they surrounded me, knocked me to the ground and had a great time. Lucky i'm local so within in 20 seconds they were gone as the other locals squared up.
Wankers
Sorry to hear that pipkin.
Bit like their manager who was a bit hypocritical in his post match comments, after expressing sympathy and an understanding of why the Club is considered a basket case.
Seems it really annoyed them thinking we were trying to gain an edge out of it.
Second time it's happened to them after recently playing Charlton, ditto!!

stevefloyd

Also not sure why Bigi is being picked out for criticism, especially ahead of the lies of Wright and Agyei. Admittedly his tackling is poor, but technically he's a good player. His long range passing can be disappointing, but he's heavily involved in play, never hides, is calm under pressure and moves the ball around well.

Plus, who would want to play in that midfield with those strikers and their non movement and lack of positional sense ahead of you. To an extent you are only as good as the players around you.
I agree... only as good as the players around you.. I remember Dennis Wise playing for England... he looked out of his depth yet when he played for Chelsea he looked class eveey week (christ knows why he looked so good in our team) if we had a dominant cm playing who would bollock and encourage I think we could maybe see a better Bigi or better still get 2 dominant midfielders in and sell Bigi to maybe hmmmm Newcastle.
Just watched the Venus interview... fucking baby he said he was just there to talk about football because he is a football man ha ha ha fucking twat dont have a clue... didnt even know how many subs he used tonight...

pipkin73

Wankers
Sorry to hear that pipkin.
Bit like their manager who was a bit hypocritical in his post match comments, after expressing sympathy and an understanding of why the Club is considered a basket case.
Seems it really annoyed them thinking we were trying to gain an edge out of it.
Second time it's happened to them after recently playing Charlton, ditto!!

Thanks mate. Never known anything like it. Normally mix and have a laugh with the opposing fans. Just scum, the lot of them. They are on fucking holiday, WTF!!!! Caught on camera though, police now have the coverage, hope they get caught and arrested at the airport.

Otis

Thanks mate. Never known anything like it. Normally mix and have a laugh with the opposing fans. Just scum, the lot of them. They are on fucking holiday, WTF!!!! Caught on camera though, police now have the coverage, hope they get caught and arrested at the airport.
Where are you, Pipkin?

Missed it if you have mentioned it somewhere.

Hope they catch the culprits. Scum indeed.

Essexrobbie

I think City were unfortunate to be playing sheffield to stage their protest as any other club in the league, even Millwall, would have showed them solidarity. I dont think the sheffield base has the intelligence to appreciate the implications of being owned by people who just want to drain the club.

ajsccfc

We were talking about that today was quite shocked how ST holders were saying they were embarrassed with them selves for not feeling hurt anymore when we lose.
Sadly more feeling that way, that is why they are walking away those fans will be lost forever.
Hopefully tonight might ignite the passion back into the fans.
I don't remember the last time I was angry or even pissed off with another sloppy goal conceded or points thrown away, it's more a sense of being resigned to fate now

fernandopartridge

What utter cunts.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Thought Bigi did ok as did RCC, Willis, McCann and Sordell. Wouldn't give anyone more than a 6

Turnbull looks like an error waiting to happen DKE tries hard but is a little weight just now but he will get better. The rest showed the odd spark but flattered to deceive.

What happened to the pace in the side? I don't just mean running fast. When on the odd occasions we moved the ball quickly we caused them problems. Getting the ball up field quicker takes the pressure off the youngsters in defence. I don't mean just hooffng it. Sordell out wide again why? That first substitution was strange and wrong

Whilst it is easy or convenient to blame the second goal on the protest, the reality is it was poor defending, errors made and lack of concentration.

Venus is not a manager, he might be a decent coach who can read a financial spreadsheet but a leader of men with a clear plan and how to achieve it he is not. I would think he bitterly regrets taking the directorship and staying on to cover Mowbray's departure. Not easy to watch someone so uncomfortable in the spotlight and in a way feel sorry for him. His choice to stay though.

Sheffield were nothing special for a supposed top league 1 team. Without Sharp they would be distinctly average. Their supporters..... totally without class or understanding.... what comes around goes around, should imagine they will get little sympathy from Ccfc when it does.

Thought the result was about right...... and had feared much worse so in a sense take a little positive from it.

The night itself had meaning beyond the result though

Last edited:

torchomatic

I was going to say Fleck, but he never had a good season for us.

wingy

I agree... only as good as the players around you.. I remember Dennis Wise playing for England... he looked out of his depth yet when he played for Chelsea he looked class eveey week (christ knows why he looked so good in our team) if we had a dominant cm playing who would bollock and encourage I think we could maybe see a better Bigi or better still get 2 dominant midfielders in and sell Bigi to maybe hmmmm Newcastle.
Just watched the Venus interview... fucking baby he said he was just there to talk about football because he is a football man ha ha ha fucking twat dont have a clue... didnt even know how many subs he used tonight...
Who was the last player that had a good season with us and was there the next year?
Probably Keogh.

olderskyblue

I was going to say Fleck, but he never had a good season for us.

Thats not really fair. He did have a couple of decent half seasons... you can do the maths ;)

torchomatic

Thats not really fair. He did have a couple of decent half seasons... you can do the maths ;)

True. If you added all his good games together over three years he might have had a good half season.

mrtrench

I thought that the team as a whole played pretty well last night, including DKE and Bigi. What we are lacking is any teeth up front, which is hardly surprising as we are playing kids. From last night, the team is just lacking a couple of wingers and a striker to partner Sordell to escape relegation at least. And it's hardly surprising that we don't have them - as these kind of players cost money.

clint van damme

hope you're OK mate.

Illegitimi nil carborundum - don't let the bastards grind you down!

Nick

Administrator

Jesus, was that in your place? Never heard of that sort of thing watching it on TV.

Grendel

Thought Bigi did well TBH and kept Fleck mostly quiet. Fleck for Rose and we'd be such a better side.

Thought he was average at best - never offers a threat moving forward at all. McCann made a difference and without him last night we'd have really struggled in the middle.

He was better than Rose which wasn't too difficult - he was appalling.

Users who are viewing this thread