Match Thread Coventry v Rangers (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

A bit off topic but seems a bit odd that Dabo and Rose both travelled while injured to stick with the squad while in rehabilitation but Allen, McFadzean and Westbrooke didn’t. Anyone know the reason behind that one?
Would only make sense for them to travel if all the physio team was going but then why leave the rest of them behind. Odd one.

skyblueelephant76

Would only make sense for them to travel if all the physio team was going but then why leave the rest of them behind. Odd one.
McFadzean has concussion and so probably just needs rest and Allen has done his ankle so is probably in a protective boot. Not practical for them to travel. Rose and Dabo are both walking around so fine to go and keeps them involved.

Marty

A bit off topic but seems a bit odd that Dabo and Rose both travelled while injured to stick with the squad while in rehabilitation but Allen, McFadzean and Westbrooke didn’t. Anyone know the reason behind that one?

Maybe dabo and rose are in a fitness building phase of recovery, so can train to high intensity but not ready to play and the others are in a more delicate state, light training, plenty of rest etc. Pritty sure altitude has a negative effect on muscles and joints too.

covcity4life

Happy with that. 1st half We came into it well and whilst didnt look like scoring we looked secure. And we were missing vital players

2nd half expected the drop. Played inferior players and a inferior tsctic. 3 in middle with these players does t work

Nice to see Jodie skill in corner but if we play him he has to be more advanced

Only a friebdly and vs a good team after just 10 days. That said if we can sell and replace likes of baka biamou mason we shoukd tey. Godden too shouldn't be starting striker for a team looking to do v well in this league. However I concede its v early days and recruitment is not as simple as improving all players in 1 window

Overall happy!

BackRoomRummermill

Happy with that. 1st half We came into it well and whilst didnt look like scoring we looked secure. And we were missing vital players

2nd half expected the drop. Played inferior players and a inferior tsctic. 3 in middle with these players does t work

Only a friebdly and vs a good team after just 10 days. That said if we can sell and replace likes of baka biamou mason we shoukd tey. Godden too shouldn't be starting striker for a team looking to do v well in this league. However I concede its v early days and recruitment is not as simple as improving all players in 1 window

Overall happy!

I agree but don’t agree about Godden , he finished well today

johnwillomagic

Tbh I think this may be slightly too early for us but it is a great pre-season friendly to have.

You cannot read too much into pre-season wins or defeats but a 2-0 defeat to Rangers who are much further advanced in terms of fitness
is in my opinion a very commendable result!

mr_monkey

Overall happy!

Did you watch the game? If so I don't know how you can say get rid of Baka, he looked a different player today

covcity4life

Did you watch the game? If so I don't know how you can say get rid of Baka, he looked a different player today
He did 2 good things in entire game. Both where he won the ball back. He needs to do that aggressive stuff all game now not sporadically

I stand up for baka all the time. All I have said is we are a championship side now so if we can improve upon him or max or godden we should try.

mr_monkey

He did 2 good things in entire game. Both where he won the ball back. He needs to do that aggressive stuff all game now not sporadically

I stand up for baka all the time. All I have said is we are a championship side now so if we can improve upon him or max or godden we should try.

He scared the shit out of that defense with his power and shocked me with how well he did the strength stuff... Don't get me wrong I think we need another striker but not at the expense of Baka as I think he will come on leaps and bounds this season, he has shown flashes of it before

covcity4life

He scared the shit out of that defense with his power and shocked me with how well he did the strength stuff... Don't get me wrong I think we need another striker but not at the expense of Baka as I think he will come on leaps and bounds this season, he has shown flashes of it before
Ok fair enough if that's how you saw it mate. Be interested how other forum members thought he did

As he is young it makes sense to keep him as one of rotational options. It just depends on what newbies we could bring in. They must be markedly better or no point

Mucca Mad Boys

Ok fair enough if that's how you saw it mate. Be interested how other forum members thought he did

As he is young it makes sense to keep him as one of rotational options. It just depends on what newbies we could bring in. They must be markedly better or no point

Baka looked decent. But, I’m not going to get excited over a preseason performance. MR extended his contract for a reason. Hopefully, Baka is able to crack on and develop well as a player.

Personally, I think we need a striker or 2 to join us.

procdoc

My take on the game:
First 10 minutes you could see how much sharper they were with their movement and passing. If we had conceded early then it could have been a hammering. However we defended resolutely and grew into the game and certainly matched them.
Second half we made so many changes it was always going to be difficult.
I thought the young centre half Drysdale was superb overall. Liked the look of Hamer as well.
More positives to take from the game than negatives

cooperskyblue

Really enjoyable. And great to see the team out there again after so long. Was pleasantly surprised with how sharp we looked in 1st half. Full fitness and another 4 or 5 weeks of training together that 1st half team wins that game today I'm sure of it. Lots of positives.

Nonleagueherewecome

He did and I mentioned to my cousin it was nice to see him pick that up again

Hwoever he did little else. Maybe it's fitness but i he didnt hold ball up much and looked slow as fuck
Lovely headed knock-down to Shipley for a shot too, those two have a burgeoning understanding.

AFCCOVENTRY

Have to say we looked pretty good with our first half team which had the majority of our first team starters. Bodes well.

mark82

Injuries where the players could still train Vs injuries where they couldn't.

AFCCOVENTRY

Promising signs were Hamer looked a baller and Giles looked good as well. Few more shrewd signings and I think we will do well.
We need a different type of striker up front to challenge or play with Godden. Once with pace.

standupforcity

Overall happy!

Biamou is a vital player for us. He's been a game changer in the past ...holds the ball up well and has a devastating finish....great off the bench.

better days

I thought we did really well and looked a match for them in the first half
2nd half we created a few opportunities but naturally were not quite as organised as what is probably the starting 11 from the current fit players
Had to smile at Gerrard's interview where he said they were much better in the second half without acknowledging the changes we made
Still a very worthwhile exercise where a number of players exceeded expectations

Nick

Administrator
I thought we did really well and looked a match for them in the first half
2nd half we created a few opportunities but naturally were not quite as organised as what is probably the starting 11 from the current fit players
Had to smile at Gerrard's interview where he said they were much better in the second half without acknowledging the changes we made
Still a very worthwhile exercise where a number of players exceeded expectations
Yeah, nobody wanted to acknowledge it. Did they even realise that?

Users who are viewing this thread