Match Thread Coventry v Portsmouth Match Thread - Tuesday 9th Aug (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
if you can get to a gate for 7.45 you can get to the ricoh ticket office too? not having a dig just a genuine question

You don't get there at 7.45, you get there at 7.15 7.20.

If everybody gets there at 7.45 there are queues whether it is POTG or not...

skybluejelly

There is normally two queues at the ticket office, one for picking up pre-booked tickets which normally is pretty quick and one queue for people buying on the day which takes much longer. You should be in and out in less than a couple of minutes at the most.

Thanks for that .. Going to pop across in a bit to collect .. I hate queing at the best of times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great_Expectations

I'm one of the few not affected by the POTG issue; ticket already purchased. However, I'm really in two minds whether to attend tonight, which for someone who is usually positive, and rarely misses a games, is not a good sign this early into the season.

The worst part is, I have no idea why.

Joy Division

So get there at like 7.10, go to the ticket office and get one and walk in :)

If I could guarantee I could get to the ground at that time it would be a lot easier. As said further up the thread, with my work I can never be sure exactly what time I will finish until later in the day, and working outside of the city I have to account for traveling, parking and walking to the ground. Most evening games I can get to the turnstile between 7.30-7.45 if things work out in my favour, always a lot trickier attending evening games when you live outside of the city.

oucho

oucho

Pay on the gate...pay at the office, who cares???

skybluejelly

Already half hour queue at the ground for tickets ..and by the look of it the some of the tills aren't working properly.. Oh joy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jas365

No POTG means we're not going tonight as well. None of us have our ST's yet and we don't live in Coventry so it's always a tight squeeze to get to the ricoh with time to spare.

Why do we always manage to fuck these things up so badly???

wingy

No POTG means we're not going tonight as well. None of us have our ST's yet and we don't live in Coventry so it's always a tight squeeze to get to the ricoh with time to spare.

Apparently you're all Idiots!

hill83

Don't be so harsh on yourself pal. You don't always fuck things up.

oucho

Quite seriously, why is this a problem for anyone??

I'd get it if you said "EFL game v L2 Pompey, 5k crowd to watch a virtual reserve game, no thanks I'll stay home and watch 'Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away' ". But people on here are saying they would go to the game but the fact that they've have to queue at the ticket office is enough to put them off. As if this makes any difference at all.

I'm no fan of the way the club is run by any means but please stop bloody moaning. If you don't fancy the game, just say so and don't use the POTG thing as an excuse for not going.

FRY-CCFC

If there's gonna be 5 people selling at the ticket office, why is it stopping some people going? Is the 2 minute walk to the turnstile too much for you?

jas365

I'd get it if you said "EFL game v L2 Pompey, 5k crowd to watch a virtual reserve game, no thanks I'll stay home and watch 'Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away' ". But people on here are saying they would go to the game but the fact that they've have to queue at the ticket office is enough to put them off. As if this makes any difference at all.

I'm no fan of the way the club is run by any means but please stop bloody moaning. If you don't fancy the game, just say so and don't use the POTG thing as an excuse for not going.

I guess it's just the accumulation of fuck ups by the club that grind me down. Will still be there Saturday, assuming they can be bothered to send me my ST.

Joy Division

For me, and a large proportion of others, doing this for a weekend game isn't a problem. Evenings are much trickier for some and a cash turnstile with no queues and no chance of missing the game if you get there late is a big reason why its so convenient. Not everyone can plan in advance whether they will go to a game and gives that added choice on the day.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don't think it's as simple as you've stated.

Personally for me it's just an accumulation of reasons I won't be going tonight. Firstly, the ticket price for this fixture is too much, secondly the car parking has gone up, which means either I have to lump it, or park further away. As I won't get back from work in lots of time I will be rushing there, so I probably would have to lump it in Car Park C, and then as I can't just buy a ticket on the turnstile, I will need more time. I guarantee the whole process will take about 20 minutes longer than normal having to go to the ticket office, that's if things go smoothly. On a normal matchday I think for the first few games will be an absolute nightmare.

skybluejelly

When I got to Ricoh man on car park said an hour wait to collect tickets ...once inside they said half an hour ... Actually took about 20 minutes ... But here were only about 30 people in front of me ...no separate queue for pre bought tickets ...so my advice is get there early if you can as it will be chaos later...hope we win tonight as going on holidays for 3 weeks Friday ..

Nick

Administrator
I hope he doesn't drop too many players tonight and at least gives it a go. It might encourage more for the weekend then!

Terry Gibson's perm

Got my ticket took about two minutes, spoke to Chris Anderson as I left the ticket office a couple of changes tonight

Users who are viewing this thread