Match Thread Coventry v Bury Match Thread - Tuesday 16th Aug (1 Viewer)

oucho

Last season I was roundly mocked on here for showing that without AA's goals, we'd be in a relegation dogfight. But I was right and now he's gone the early signs are not good as we look like reverting to the SP era.

hamil99

Facebook User
I think the reason we look good at the back but show no urgency going forward is, the attacking players (the wingers, attacking midfielders) have no belief in our strike force to put the ball in the back of the net. With Armstrong the players knew there was a good chance if they played the ball in Armstrong would score. With the current attacking options i dont think the players believe if they put the ball in someone will finish it.

Martin180

Why is the team still being assembled and excuses made 3 games into the season?
Surely this is poor management
The teams at the top of the Premiership are still doing the same thing , this isn't football manager this is how modern day football works , players and agents holding out for the best possible deals

Martin180

Last season I was roundly mocked on here for showing that without AA's goals, we'd be in a relegation dogfight. But I was right and now he's gone the early signs are not good as we look like reverting to the SP era.
Well done

coop

Created some decent chances the defence looked good all be it against not great opposition.We need to sign a bit of pace up front and get a bit of confidence in our shooting. Harris and Mccann were good in my opinion.

SKYBLUES90

Jesus. I wish everyone would stop with the moaning as if it's the end of the world.

Yes we are still very far from the finished article HOWEVER there is always positives to be taken from any situation.

Cian Harries has looked quality since the first game.

McCann looks like he is going to really help us until January.

We've conceded 1 goal in 3 leagues games.

Once Jones and Reid start to play more I can see them replacing Murphy and Maddison and hopefully once sordell is back really look like 3 dangerous attackers.

Listening to Mowbray he sounds as if he knows the score and understands players need to be brought in and hopefully he can maybe sign or get some decent loans in who can put the ball in the back of the net.

And as a final note..there's always fans worse off than us...look at Sheffield United and count yourself lucky!

oucho

Sisu sacked Thorn after three league draws and a JPT win at the start of the 2012 2013 season so if they're being consistent then TM should be fearing for his job.

Gazolba

Believe it or not I was actually relieved that we drew.

hamil99

Facebook User
I think Arma is a no go, but we definitely need a striker. At the end of the sky blue broadcast im sure i heard one of the commentators say that TM was hoping to get a striker in by the end of the week. hope i wasn't going mad! Have had a couple of drinks mind, so might just be wishful thinking!

letsallsingtogether

I cant see a single person on this site who wouldn't have taken 1 goal conceded after 3 league games. This is a good point
Sorry this is a shit start we have played 3 shit teams what happens when we play someone who can score goals?
Luckily for us they were as bad as us up front.

stupot07

Looked great first half in Saturday IMO and had half hour tonight in a dire game anyway.

Give him a chance
too greedy, I will give him a change but he's not the right player to play a front 3. In fact I'm not even sure if its being greedy or hes devoid of a footballing brain.

Hes not good enough in a system that mainly attacks with only 3 players.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

FRY-CCFC

We're so close to being a great team that can challenge at the top.

Thomas/Tudgay not good enough. Tudgay was just slowing our attacks down and at no point was bursting into the box.

If we had a player like Armstrong for these first 3, we'd be on 7/9 points but we've had to wait to bring a player like that in which is fine as it's a marathon not a sprint as we found out last season.

FRY-CCFC

too greedy, I will give him a change but he's not the right player to play a front 3. In fact I'm not even sure if its being greedy or hes devoid of a footballing brain.

Hes not good enough in a system that mainly attacks with only 3 players.

Made a few bad decisions tonight but was all in all a lot better than Thomas and Lameiras. Think he may divide opinion all season tbh but he's a winger. He's never gonna always beat his man so lets not get on his back.

Nick

Administrator
Jones was awful tonight, reid needs done shooting practise, Thomas needs to lose a bit of bulk, mccann looked good, Harries was excellent tonight. Dke wasn't the best, Haynes was knackered.

oucho

I cant see a single person on this site who wouldn't have taken 1 goal conceded after 3 league games. This is a good point
Ehhh?

Nobody on this forum would have taken 2 points from 3 league games against Swindon A, Shrewsbury H, Bury H.

stupot07

Made a few bad decisions tonight but was all in all a lot better than Thomas and Lameiras. Think he may divide opinion all season tbh but he's a winger. He's never gonna always beat his man so lets not get on his back.
I would say he was marginally better. I agree your comment about wingers, think he'd be alright in tbr right formation, but in a front 3 in that formation hes the wrong player.

I agree he won't always beat his player, but he doesn't always have too, he doesn't always have to take his man on. He ripped us apart last season running from deep from a very wide position, but I just can't see it working in this formation.

Jones was also poor to be fair.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I hope these bollockless wankers at CWR as about incoming players and timescales. We can't go on like this.

I called before TM was asked that he'd say someone will be in by Saturday.

Gone are the days of a Thursdsy being a day for signings! Now it's all about just having them in for Saturday's. Just not sure which Saturday he keeps referring to!!!!

letsallsingtogether

Jesus. I wish everyone would stop with the moaning as if it's the end of the world.

Yes we are still very far from the finished article HOWEVER there is always positives to be taken from any situation.

Cian Harries has looked quality since the first game.

McCann looks like he is going to really help us until January.

We've conceded 1 goal in 3 leagues games.

Once Jones and Reid start to play more I can see them replacing Murphy and Maddison and hopefully once sordell is back really look like 3 dangerous attackers.

Listening to Mowbray he sounds as if he knows the score and understands players need to be brought in and hopefully he can maybe sign or get some decent loans in who can put the ball in the back of the net.

And as a final note..there's always fans worse off than us...look at Sheffield United and count yourself lucky!
Lucky what watching that shite as for fans moaning we have a right we are the customers not getting what we paid for.
Oh and no goals scored in the league against 3 shit teams yes very lucky

letsallsingtogether

Jones was awful tonight, reid needs done shooting practise, Thomas needs to lose a bit of bulk, mccann looked good, Harries was excellent tonight. Dke wasn't the best, Haynes was knackered.
TBF Jones started alright but I dont think he is fully fit.

Nick

Administrator
Lucky what watching that shite as for fans moaning we have a right we are the customers not getting what we paid for.
Oh and no goals scored in the league against 3 shit teams yes very lucky
Bloke near me was going to have a heart attack he was getting that angry.

You could see him looking around for things to moan about.

Car parks gone up
Foods gone up
Mowbray told a bloke on the radio imagine how bad and it's worse
Sisu won't spend any money on players, it's full of loans
That's the problem with loans they don't care
Mowbray will walk

Really getting himself worked up.

Had to keep asking which player was which though

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's 3 games so you haven't been shown to be right yet. If we are in a relegation fight come April then feel free to gloat then.

Users who are viewing this thread