Match Thread Coventry v Bury Match Thread - Tuesday 16th Aug (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry v Bury match, tactics and predictions :)

Terry Gibson's perm

Need a striker and leave out Lameries, who will McCann cone in for maybe Stevenson.

stupot07

I'm hoping sordell will be fit although Mowbray didn't sound that convined

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

Need a striker and leave out Lameries, who will McCann cone in for maybe Stevenson.
Yeah, would guess so, but will be a shame for the lad.

Was thinking initially that McCann would come in for the left hand side in place of Haynes, but now of course we have Page.

McCann can play at the back too mind, but would be a little surprised if TM put him in the back three.

Terry Gibson's perm

Was thinking initially that McCann would come in for the left hand side in place of Haynes, but now of course we have Page.

McCann can play at the back too mind, but would be a little surprised if TM put him in the back three.

A little rest for him as he could get burnt out.

Captain Dart

I guarantee* you he will be playing central midfield with Vlad, flanked by Rose and Page, though the team still badly needs another experienced CB to replace Harries and a pacy striker.

* Guarantee worth Jack Shit.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
McCann to come in for Stevenson. George Thomas to come back in, possibly for Ruben.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Jones rested given that he never gets to finish 90.

I personally didn't think Page offered us anything that Haynes can't, but think he'll keep his place

Would prefer to see Reid play in a wider role than centre forward, but reckon he'll continue as the front man since Sordell won't be fit. Let's leave him til Beadford when we will need a bully bloke up top against their defence

skyblue1991

We defininately need some more fire power up front.

I'm sure we will be fine this season, just hasn't been our transfer window so far.

Terry Gibson's perm

McCann to come in for Stevenson. George Thomas to come back in, possibly for Ruben.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Jones rested given that he never gets to finish 90.

I personally didn't think Page offered us anything that Haynes can't, but think he'll keep his place

Would prefer to see Reid play in a wider role than centre forward, but reckon he'll continue as the front man since Sordell won't be fit. Let's leave him til Beadford when we will need a bully bloke up top against their defence

I hope you are wrong with George Thomas I have never seen him do anything good.

dongonzalos

My team
.................RCC................
Willis Rickets Harries Page
Jones Vlad McCann Reid
...........Sordell (if fit) Tudgay.........

No Sordell I would be tempted to try Rose behind Tudgay

My guess at TM's team

.................RCC................
.........Willis Rickets Harries
Rose.................................Page
Jones Vlad McCann Reid
................. Tudgay.........

Gazolba

Give G. Thomas another opportunity. We have to either play him or loan him out.

Generally Midfield

Yesterday I was worried about our defence but fair dues we kept a clean sheet and attack looked the problem. Till we get more players in I'd be happy with another 0-0

Nick

Administrator
Yesterday I was worried about our defence but fair dues we kept a clean sheet and attack looked the problem. Till we get more players in I'd be happy with another 0-0
Agreed, start off the season the defence was the worrying bit. Now it's sticking the ball in the net, the one place we have strengthened.

dongonzalos

Agreed, start off the season the defence was the worrying bit. Now it's sticking the ball in the net, the one place we have strengthened.

We never really strengthened it with actual goals though.
Depending on your opinions on Sordell that is.

Nick

Administrator
Have they mentioned anything about Sordell? I'd like to see him with Reid and Jones. Or anybody who can take a shot on target :)

Esoterica

Have they mentioned anything about Sordell? I'd like to see him with Reid and Jones. Or anybody who can take a shot on target :)
“Marvin just had a slight tweak and it’s a question of whether we let it totally clear up rather than throw him in a few days early and find he misses another two or three weeks by damaging it further. That’s down to the physios.”

Sky Blue Harry H

Don't play Sordell if he's not fit, as we'll have him sidelined for weeks- is Tudgay available (not injured?)
I thought Jones looked like he'd picked up a knock (looks like a regular for picking up limps!) so he might sit it out for Mccann.

Worried about Pope & Cameron from set pieces (at least they don't have Hussey to swing the ball in)

higgs

Don't want to sound negative but does anybody think we are in for a struggle this season?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread