Coventry Council WILL support a new stadium... (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

Well, someone must have hacked your account then when they posted they regretted buying one. I would contact Nick.

C'mon your better than that.

italiahorse

He's done it for years. He's hardly been a "friend of the club", so not surprised by the article. We do need SISU gone and Maton and his cronies could have easily waited for that to happen and then done a deal with the football club.

Tiresome or what.
They couldn't wait because that would have played into Sisu's hands of being the only game in town.
Not accepting the wasps deal would see years of Sisu driving the value of the Ricoh down by continuing to stress ACL.
From a CCFC fan point of view that sounds fantastic if the club got the stadium for nothing. (Although in reality Sisu would)
But Councillors have to do what's right for Coventry and clearly the Wasps deal was the best compromise.

Sometimes you need to take your Sky Blue tinted glasses off and look at the whole picture.

Chinny_Hill

Chelsea? That was flat.

That was more to do with Colemans tactics, pre kick off the atmosphere was good. It is quite refreshing to talk about football, but the honest truth is whenever we have had large crowds at the Ricoh (Gillingham excluded) the team have failed to get that crucial first goal to light the touch paper.

PS This is all in the past now, we wont see the like of these games or crowds again.

torchomatic

torchomatic

I'm slightly confused by your question. HR was easily accessible for people coming by bus and train as it was a relatively short walk from the centre of town. Also, in the 30 odd years I attended the place (coming from Warwick we always came by car) I never had any problems parking.

How was Highfield Road accessible if you came by car ?

AndreasB

I'm slightly confused by your question. HR was easily accessible for people coming by bus and train as it was a relatively short walk from the centre of town. Also, in the 30 odd years I attended the place (coming from Warwick we always came by car) I never had any problems parking.

Parking is a fucking ball ache at the Ricoh...10 quid for an official car park, dodge security guards at Tesco or park in a quagmire of a field a mile away..
The Green Travel plan. Another gift from the Council to stitch up the football club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torchomatic

torchomatic

Always buy one. Never regret it.

I regret buying one every year under Sisu.
But I always commit for the year and attend all home and most away matches.

Yourself ??

italiahorse

So where did you park and did you get away okay ?

RFC

Parking is a fucking ball ache at the Ricoh...10 quid for an official car park, dodge security guards at Tesco or park in a quagmire of a field a mile away..
The Green Travel plan. Another gift from the Council to stitch up the football club.

So eloquently put, could not have bettered that myself. Happy New Year by the way!

italiahorse

Did you before there was a bandwagon for you to be on ;)

Only internationals on TV as could not be bothered to go to Leicester or Northampton. Walking up for Wasps on my doorstep is a bonus.
I'm lucky that I can enjoy watching Wasps and now I feel Wasps are part of Coventry I can get behind them.
Not saying I will attend many matches but I'm awaiting my second match after picking up tickets at the last CCFC home game.

Wasps are not the problem like people make out.

italiahorse

Wayside £2 for football £5 for Wasps. Pass it every time. right next to M6 for a fast exit.

torchomatic

INdustrial estate. The other side of the park sometimes On street by some old people's flats. I genuinely can't remember not being able to park.

So where did you park and did you get away okay ?

torchomatic

Yes, I do, they are taking the piss. I really don't have a problem with people having a go at SISU, they're rubbish owners. So was McGinnity, so was Richardson. However, there's really nothing fans can do. Owners will go when they've either had enough or someone offers them a pile of cash to leave. That is why I always wanted them to get a stake in the Ricoh. THey would have had something to sell, but that chance has now gone. I genuinely hope they do build a new ground for us. They will have something tangible to offer any potential new owners. And since Wasps arrival the Ricoh has felt even more alien.

Really ?
Don't you think Sisu are taking the piss out of us though ?

italiahorse

INdustrial estate. The other side of the park sometimes On street by some old people's flats. I genuinely can't remember not being able to park.

I lost 2 radios parking in the streets around the ground and it was a nightmare to get back to Bedworth.
Several times saw cars by the old veg market on bricks after the match.
My sister lived in a terraced house nearby and could never park her car on matchdays.
Hence why there will always be a need for residence to have priority.

torchomatic

I was just lucky then, I guess. And yes, I feel sorry for those who live around town centre football stadia. However, it's different now with parking restrictions, etc. I would imagine if we were still at HR then parking wouldn't have been as easy as it was from the 70s-90s.

I lost 2 radios parking in the streets around the ground and it was a nightmare to get back to Bedworth.
My sister lived in a terraced house nearby and could never park her car on matchdays.

italiahorse

Yes, I do, they are taking the piss. I really don't have a problem with people having a go at SISU, they're rubbish owners. So was McGinnity, so was Richardson. However, there's really nothing fans can do. Owners will go when they've either had enough or someone offers them a pile of cash to leave. That is why I always wanted them to get a stake in the Ricoh. THey would have had something to sell, but that chance has now gone. I genuinely hope they do build a new ground for us. They will have something tangible to offer any potential new owners. And since Wasps arrival the Ricoh has felt even more alien.

At least with the previous owners they gave us something, although clearly living above their means.
With Sisu they have given us nothing and now we have absolutely zilch.

torchomatic

torchomatic

True. Richardson gave us a £60M debt and a nice shiny new stadium we couldn't afford. The good old days, eh?

At least with the previous owners they gave us something, although clearly living above their means.
With Sisu they have given us nothing and now we have absolutely zilch.

bigfatronssba

The green travel plan was dictated by the office of John Prescott.

martcov

I lost one Radio as well. So I am not alone...

mattylad

Yep. Traffic would be an absolute nightmare. I travel that route every day and it's already clogged most of the time.

Anyone else think this is just the council being quite clever in expectation of a Sisu statement decalring that the new stadium has to be built so many miles away because they cannot build in Coventry? :whistle:
thats exactly what this is a preemptive strike by the council (who know wasps need ccfc at the ricoh to make its business plan work) so lets make it difficult for ccfc to move outside or announce they want to move out side of the city by stating that planning permission will not be an issue when of course we all know that it will be virtually impossible to get approval to build another stadium so close to the existing one. i know lots of people don't think this is going to happen but it does seem that a land purchase will happen shortly regardless of whether they actually build anything on it or not!

dongonzalos

thats exactly what this is a preemptive strike by the council (who know wasps need ccfc at the ricoh to make its business plan work) so lets make it difficult for ccfc to move outside or announce they want to move out side of the city by stating that planning permission will not be an issue when of course we all know that it will be virtually impossible to get approval to build another stadium so close to the existing one. i know lots of people don't think this is going to happen but it does seem that a land purchase will happen shortly regardless of whether they actually build anything on it or not!

I always felt land would get bought. Land rarely loses value so why not.
Land with planning permission in place is a good investment.

I just still don't see it financially better for the club to build a stadium over doing a deal/partnership with Wasps

Users who are viewing this thread