Coventry Council WILL support a new stadium... (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
thats exactly what this is a preemptive strike by the council (who know wasps need ccfc at the ricoh to make its business plan work) so lets make it difficult for ccfc to move outside or announce they want to move out side of the city by stating that planning permission will not be an issue when of course we all know that it will be virtually impossible to get approval to build another stadium so close to the existing one. i know lots of people don't think this is going to happen but it does seem that a land purchase will happen shortly regardless of whether they actually build anything on it or not!
It's the same as when they invited the club to buy the higgs share knowing full well it couldn't happen.....

Brighton Sky Blue

The club should be pressing Wasps as hard as they can for the deal Wasps claim is there to be done. If it can't be reached then there is no (successful) future paying rent to play in a rugby team's ground and they must take a new ground seriously and direct their efforts towards it. Question is, are the club doing the former and if not, why not?

Nick

Administrator
The club should be pressing Wasps as hard as they can for the deal Wasps claim is there to be done. If it can't be reached then there is no (successful) future paying rent to play in a rugby team's ground and they must take a new ground seriously and direct their efforts towards it. Question is, are the club doing the former and if not, why not?

Exactly, find out what they can offer. If it is shit then make sure Simon Gilbert gets a letter in the post with the details ;) If it is good and WILL be best for the club then talk some more.

Brighton Sky Blue

Exactly, find out what they can offer. If it is shit then make sure Simon Gilbert gets a letter in the post with the details ;) If it is good and WILL be best for the club then talk some more.

If the club struck a deal whereby it received all the money it generated and paid a nominal rent, I could tolerate the embarrassment of playing in a Wasps-branded ground as at least there would be an economic benefit for the club. I don't expect us to get this access for nothing but I hope 'Woody' can do a deal.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Apologies. I have just started a thread with the same title as this. Can I delete it ?

italiahorse

Or they can continue the court case and Wasps will wait out the deal agreed with ACL's previous owners ................................ maybe ?

italiahorse

If the club struck a deal whereby it received all the money it generated and paid a nominal rent, I could tolerate the embarrassment of playing in a Wasps-branded ground as at least there would be an economic benefit for the club. I don't expect us to get this access for nothing but I hope 'Woody' can do a deal.

.... and lets hear about it if Wasps don't play ball so we can get behind the business plan for a new stadium.

Brighton Sky Blue

.... and lets hear about it if Wasps don't play ball so we can get behind the business plan for a new stadium.

Exactly. Demonstrate to the fans that it really is the best thing long term for the club and nobody but the most hardened anti-SISU will object. If it's what we 'have to do' then the Trust couldn't object, since that's the line they use to excuse Wasps...

chiefdave

Little more than a PR piece from Matton, all he's done is state the law which has been mentioned many times on here. That's a lot different from saying CCC will support any new stadium project and do anything they can to help and to keep the club in the city.

Which part of the site was Dunlop? I'm assuming not all of it, that would be approx 100 acres.

H

Huckerby

I'm going to be a harsh c**t here and say if you honestly believe that we are going to build a new ground, go and fucking see a mental health nurse seriously, and stop letting fisher and co take you for a fucking twat.

Enough is enough of these wankers taking every single fan for a fucking mug feeding us continuing bullshit, its about time we grew a backbone and played with fire, give them an ultimatum, show us your plans and how far you have got with them, or its time for mass walk outs to force these cunts out of our club.

The club is dead don't you all see that with these in charge? its dying of cancer and everyone is just arguing between themselves.

Your language is atrocious. Reign it in.

Nick

Administrator
Little more than a PR piece from Matton, all he's done is state the law which has been mentioned many times on here. That's a lot different from saying CCC will support any new stadium project and do anything they can to help and to keep the club in the city.

Which part of the site was Dunlop? I'm assuming not all of it, that would be approx 100 acres.

There is the dunlop sports ground there at the minute, some new houses already being built but not too sure how far back it goes etc. Would need to do a google maps to find it!

letsallsingtogether

There is the dunlop sports ground there at the minute, some new houses already being built but not too sure how far back it goes etc. Would need to do a google maps to find it!

Not big enough for what Tim wanted I wouldn't have thought plus Roads around there already at standstill every day.

Users who are viewing this thread