Coventry Council WILL support a new stadium... (2 Viewers)

wafw1971

In an ideal world I wouldn't have sisu anywhere near the Ricoh.

Anyway, you haven't answered my question. Maton was quoting the law, and he is correct. So I don't see how you can disagree with him.

But the timing of his statement is a typical politician, he knows some sort of bullshit from SISU is due and just wanted to get in there first.

torchomatic

Yes, he is correct. They could not turn down a planning application because they didn't like CCFC or SISU. Not sure why you're so keen for me to agree with him. That's not an issue. However, they could EASILY have turned down the approach from Wasps and waited for SISU to leave, couldn't they?

In an ideal world I wouldn't have sisu anywhere near the Ricoh.

Anyway, you haven't answered my question. Maton was quoting the law, and he is correct. So I don't see how you can disagree with him.

torchomatic

Agree with you there. There have been a few good atmospheres. To be fair the Chelsea game wasn't one of them, neither the JPT semi as we were rubbish. The Gillingham game was fantastic, a really fantastic atmosphere. Shame.

Bollocks.

wafw1971

Bollocks.

Nice, but I see your point. For me, who has been to every game at the Ricoh I feel that when we get around 18,000 in the Ricoh it is a better atmosphere than if we get the 'glory supporters' to push it over 20,000 etc.

I feel we should move our fans closer to the away fans to create a good atmosphere, when this has happened in the past thats when the atmosphere was better.

LB87ccfc

I'm going to be a harsh c**t here and say if you honestly believe that we are going to build a new ground, go and fucking see a mental health nurse seriously, and stop letting fisher and co take you for a fucking twat.

Enough is enough of these wankers taking every single fan for a fucking mug feeding us continuing bullshit, its about time we grew a backbone and played with fire, give them an ultimatum, show us your plans and how far you have got with them, or its time for mass walk outs to force these cunts out of our club.

The club is dead don't you all see that with these in charge? its dying of cancer and everyone is just arguing between themselves.

LB87ccfc

Nice, but I see your point. For me, who has been to every game at the Ricoh I feel that when we get around 18,000 in the Ricoh it is a better atmosphere than if we get the 'glory supporters' to push it over 20,000 etc.

I feel we should move our fans closer to the away fans to create a good atmosphere, when this has happened in the past thats when the atmosphere was better.

I agree, the segregation makes it fucking soulless and a shit experience, no wonder I go away alot more.

torchomatic

bigfatronssba

Yes, he is correct. They could not turn down a planning application because they didn't like CCFC or SISU. Not sure why you're so keen for me to agree with him. That's not an issue. However, they could EASILY have turned down the approach from Wasps and waited for SISU to leave, couldn't they?

But that's not what were talking about here.

bigfatronssba

Chelsea was flat, Crewe was good though. Leeds was also good, I remember one of their fans coming on here saying that we were the noisiest home fans he had encountered for a long time.

covcity4life

chelsea atmosphere was great i felt

and when westwood saved last min pen vs wolves in 08 the ricoh was absolutly rocking.

torchomatic

Forgot about Leeds. That was good.

Chelsea was flat, Crewe was good though. Leeds was also good, I remember one of their fans coming on here saying that we were the noisiest home fans he had encountered for a long time.

Otis

The Chelsea game was a strangely subdued atmosphere for the most part, I admit. But on every other occasion it has been buzzing when we have had large crowds, Middlesborough and Wolves and Blackburn and Gillingham etc.

LB87ccfc

Leeds was good apart from watching 6k wankers jumping up and down, Preston in JPT even though 10k was brilliant probably because we was closer together, Wolves 08 was brilliant like someone else mentioned.

Atmospheres don't help now being in League One and knowing if 1K come to you it's a good away following.

wafw1971

Leeds was good apart from watching 6k wankers jumping up and down, Preston in JPT even though 10k was brilliant probably because we was closer together, Wolves 08 was brilliant like someone else mentioned.

Atmospheres don't help now being in League One and knowing if 1K come to you it's a good away following.

Its a shame we are talking about a handful of games, at Highfield Road every time I went there it was amazing, maybe because I could walk there, mingling with the crowd after going into a few pubs which was full with City Fans. But perhaps I am just being nostalgic because I am getting old. :whistle:

skybluetony176

The thing is the FOI that the "Trust" sent to the relevant authorities was answered but the relevant authorities do not have to divulge private and "business confidential" information and i'm afraid land purchases are in this category.

They do have to explain that in their reply though. N&BBC tried to dodge the question in an earlier round of FOI's and the trust appealed it and got an answer. No such issues in this latest round though.

LB87ccfc

Its a shame we are talking about a handful of games, at Highfield Road every time I went there it was amazing, maybe because I could walk there, mingling with the crowd after going into a few pubs which was full with City Fans. But perhaps I am just being nostalgic because I am getting old. :whistle:

That is because it was a proper ground with real atmosphere every time. Soo wish we just developed it and never built the Ricoh, the opposition hated coming to HR too unlike the Ricoh

rupert_bear

Dunlop location is not big enough and the traffic would be a nightmare. I think Coventry Airport area is the location (if there is a location at all) and that comes under Warwick COuncil. Perhaps Coventry Council can see that they will be losing another cash cow (rates etc) with us moving (I know its very doubtful)
They couldn't get planning permission for a poxy little passenger terminal at Coventry airport so what chance of a football stadium.

The Lurker

Blues midweek game years back was good. West ham in the cup another great atmosphere as mentioned, m'boro and Blackburn games Both good. But nothing will ever beat highfield road. West terrace was always a good laugh. And everyone has forgot to mention the gillingham game. Immense atmosphere

bigfatronssba

I remember some games at HR where you could hear a pin drop.

wafw1971

They couldn't get planning permission for a poxy little passenger terminal at Coventry airport so what chance of a football stadium.

Agreed but that was more to do with the noise of the planes. I think Warwick Council would approve a new stadium but like the majority on here, everyone thinks SISU is talking bollocks. We will see.

stupot07

FFS can we give this bullshit a rest, their wont be a fucking new stadium, they have no plans whatsoever.

Don't worry, when wasps finally get around to changing the seats, and repainting the concourse the Ricoh will feel like a new stadium.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

rupert_bear

Agreed but that was more to do with the noise of the planes. I think Warwick Council would approve a new stadium but like the majority on here, everyone thinks SISU is talking bollocks. We will see.
Err, there's been an airport at Baginton for years so I don't think it was airplane noise, I think it was to do with the infrastructure around the likes of Ryton, Baginton and Bubbenhall. As said to get planning for a football stadium there, a huge doubt

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I do too, but the atmosphere on the way to the ground etc was always amazing. But even when you could hear a pin drop I still had a great laugh with everybody in the West Terrace.

The atmosphere was great going up to the ground all those shoppers going up to Ball Hill were great,and in the eighties you did have a laugh with everybody in the West End well I did I knew most of them.

bigfatronssba

I do too, but the atmosphere on the way to the ground etc was always amazing. But even when you could hear a pin drop I still had a great laugh with everybody in the West Terrace.

I think when everyone talks about the amazing HR atmosphere they actually mean the West Terrace. The rest of the ground was no different to the Ricoh.

Users who are viewing this thread