Match Thread Coventry City vs. Sunderland Match Thread - Sunday 1st Mar (3 Viewers)

SkyblueTexan

Sunderland fans already moaning about the ref for tomorrow's match (Ref for the Coventry match).

Apparently, he's the guy who officiated our match vs Fleetwood at home that we won 2-1. Seems like he gives out cards easily (Dabo might need to be careful).

Great_Expectations

Feeling confident of a victory, but I actually feel more pressure for this game than Rotherham. The draw was a good result and while another draw is fine, a victory, and therefore 4 points from 2 tough games, absolutely sends a message and gives even more confidence to all around CCFC.

We were by far the superior team earlier in the season and while they have improved since then, so have we.

The pitch will be a factor, but we’re capable of playing around it. If we do get the ball down and play, then as with any team we play, I’d back us to dominate.

Willis is a good L1 defender, albeit is defining attribute is pace. He doesn’t like being pressured and his positional sense can wander too, so while Godden won’t have the beating of him speed wise, hopefully his movement and harrying will be effective. I have been critical of Godden, and I’m still not entirely convinced, but he’s scoring and his movement seems to be improving too - so he doesn’t deserve to be dropped.

I’d also go back to the box, replacing Biamou with Allen. However I would give Giles a game; he looked sharp in his cameo, he has a good reputation and McCallum has dropped off a little.

2-0, Walsh, Godden.

stevefloyd

Its definitely a must win so we can storm the league and get promoted...yee haa, funnily enough I don't feel nervous about this game, against Rotherham I was bricking it but we seen them out and Scumderland aren't as good as them so hopefully win win in front of a big crowd :)

stevefloyd

giphy.gif
got the ammo ready when they arrive tomorrow

Frostie

Sunderland fans already moaning about the ref for tomorrow's match (Ref for the Coventry match).

Apparently, he's the guy who officiated our match vs Fleetwood at home that we won 2-1. Seems like he gives out cards easily (Dabo might need to be careful).

The match in which Fleetwood's goal was (almost literally) miles offside (admittedly the assistant rather than the ref) & also missed at least 1 stonewall penalty for handball.

fleetwood offside.png

Mcbean

Scores going our way at the mo - BPool leading Ipswich - Southend drawing with Oxford and Rogerthem drawing

SkyblueTexan

Incredibly great set of results in League 1 in our favor (bar the Oxford one, but it looks like Southend did put up a fight). C'mon City let's take advantage of this tomorrow!!

shmmeee

This is one of those “old Cov would bottle it” situations. Got more faith in this side but results certainly add a bit of pressure tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread