Match Thread Coventry City vs. Sunderland Match Thread - Sunday 1st Mar (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Fair play for his Wembley goal and all, just funny how he thought he'd get better than us and ended up at a small shit team like Sunderland

I was all for him trying his hand at a bigger club, to end up at Sunderland though just showed it was about the money not the football. Fuck him for running down his contract. Hope he enjoys next season in League One while the club he left for being too small are in the Championship.

torchomatic

I was all for him trying his hand at a bigger club, to end up at Sunderland though just showed it was about the money not the football. Fuck him for running down his contract. Hope he enjoys next season in League One while the club he left for being too small are in the Championship.

With a few obvious exceptions, players are rarely as good as they think they are. Or more accurately as their agent tells them they are.

shmmeee

With a few obvious exceptions, players are rarely as good as they think they are. Or more accurately as their agent tells them they are.

I just have an issue with players who we have invested years into building up who run down their contracts after 24 so we get nothing. As I say I can make an exception if they’re going up the leagues, good PR for the academy is better than nothing. When it was clear he weren’t getting a Championship club he should’ve taken the contract offer IMO.

Whatever. O’Hares going to take him apart Sunday.

theferret

I've heard (but this is third hand so I can't 100% vouch for it) that he is not enjoying it up there and is quite home sick.

Always liked Willis, glad it is going well for him on the pitch at least, but we don't miss him.

torchomatic

I just have an issue with players who we have invested years into building up who run down their contracts after 24 so we get nothing. As I say I can make an exception if they’re going up the leagues, good PR for the academy is better than nothing. When it was clear he weren’t getting a Championship club he should’ve taken the contract offer IMO.

Whatever. O’Hares going to take him apart Sunday.

Oh yes, agree with that. I have no issue with players bettering themselves, Wilson, Maddison, but I think some are a little foolhardy.

Magwitch

I thought Willis was a decent defender and used to nab the odd goal but the way we play from defence now I can see why MR let him leave, which he did, Willis hasn’t the passing game in him to play the way out of defence we do now.

mark82

Son’s football has been moved to a 12.30 kick off on Sunday....Fecking Leics football league!!!

Now have the prospect of eating humble pie as I’m always moaning at him about lack of commitment and letting the team down when the weather looks dodgy ... for me to turn around and say we are off to the City match with a few beers.

Need to make a decision today as don’t have a printer at home for the ticket. Not happy!!!!!!!

You can use the ticket on your phone now. No need to print.

SlowerThanPlatt

I thought Willis was a decent defender and used to nab the odd goal but the way we play from defence now I can see why MR let him leave, which he did, Willis hasn’t the passing game in him to play the way out of defence we do now.
He didn’t let him leave, he was offered a contract and turned it down. I thought you would know this Rupert

covcity4life

Oh yes, agree with that. I have no issue with players bettering themselves, Wilson, Maddison, but I think some are a little foolhardy.
We all pray it doesnr happen but thetr is a good chsnce sunderlsnd get promoted and wr dont. Then will you be saying willis made right decision?

Not every player leaving has to lead to animosity imo thats all. We need to get promoted this season. Sunderland prob will guaranteed over next few years. Will alwaya challenge. Its silly to to pretend willis joined a small club

He made his decision and he prob will end up playong on champiobship

We have moved on and have better suited cbs and will hopefully play in championship sooner than they do!

torchomatic

We all pray it doesnr happen but thetr is a good chsnce sunderlsnd get promoted and wr dont. Then will you be saying willis made right decision?

Not every player leaving has to lead to animosity imo thats all. We need to get promoted this season. Sunderland prob will guaranteed over next few years. Will alwaya challenge. Its silly to to pretend willis joined a small club

We have moved on and have better suited cbs and will hopefully play in championship sooner than they do!

No, I won't as he will have obviously made the right decision. However, I agree with Shmmeee, it's annoying he ran his contract down when we had looked after him (particularly all those times he was injured), which meant he left for nothing.

Liquid Gold

I've heard (but this is third hand so I can't 100% vouch for it) that he is not enjoying it up there and is quite home sick.

Always liked Willis, glad it is going well for him on the pitch at least, but we don't miss him.
I'm not surprised. He was always one whose head seemed to drop when the crowd got on the team's back. Sunderland are at lot worse for that than we are at the mo.

Warwickhunt

What we dont need to do is BOOOO! Willis as it will help him get over his nerves with anger! Lets politly applause instead to give him total comfort and confusion:confused:

David O'Day

In a

in a 4 definitely IMO and in a 5 possibly. Willis is a very good defender who gave good service to us
He's fast but technically lacking with poor positioning. Good on his dat but we would be a bomb scare with him in our back three

Warwickhunt

I'm not surprised. He was always one whose head seemed to drop when the crowd got on the team's back. Sunderland are at lot worse for that than we are at the mo.
totally agree LG!

shmmeee

Do you not think young players at a club that depends on developing players for profit should try and ensure that club gets some reward? It’s the waiting until he’s past Bosman age and going for a free that bothers me most. Maybe I’m naive but I think there should be such a thing as loyalty same as we just gave Jones a contract before he’s fully fit.

covcity4life

Do you not think young players at a club that depends on developing players for profit should try and ensure that club gets some reward? It’s the waiting until he’s past Bosman age and going for a free that bothers me most. Maybe I’m naive but I think there should be such a thing as loyalty same as we just gave Jones a contract before he’s fully fit.
Hes been linkd woth moves few seasona before he eventually went iirc

This is football now. No diff to established stars leaving on a free

Just being bitter fans imo. Same sillyness as drop mclalum and kelly. Always moaning about something

cc84cov

Willis wouldn’t get into our side now no chance,Godden’s Movements with Allen & O’Hare running off him will cause Willis nightmares sunday

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Telegraph reporting Jobello out injured for this one.

MR has got a bit 'lucky' with his injuries hasn't he?

L2 the injury to Jones resulted in a formation changed that saw us improve massively, this time the injury to Jobello saw the change to 3-4-2-1.

Of course he still deserves credit for picking an effective new system.

Covkid1968#

You can use the ticket on your phone now. No need to print.
Can you ?.....that’s great news as left work and got this message from the coach so all is working out nicely

Hello everyone- the game on Sunday has been postponed due to waterlogged pitches.
Will this ever end !!

Users who are viewing this thread