Match Thread Coventry City vs. Southend United Match Thread - Saturday 29th Dec (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Sticking my neck out here but I think if we score more goals than them we will win, thats only a guess though because we might score some own goals and indeed they may also

Glad to see Gary Neville is signed up on here!

steve82

Feeling a goal fest today by usual standards at the Ricoh.
3-3 draw I’m thinking.

No idea which way he will go on team selection, guessing it is down to if Doyle is fit or Ogogo to what he decides.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 4439

According to Oxford fans, at last week's game Southend were wasting time right from the first whistle. Could be a frustrating afternoon.

no_loyalty

According to Oxford fans, at last week's game Southend were wasting time right from the first whistle. Could be a frustrating afternoon.

We need to score early then.

Sky Blue Pete

Booking for time wasting in the first ten minutes to set the tone would be nice
Could you imagine? Ref rarely books in the first 10 mins unless there’s a physical attack. Do you remember wise making a tackle in the first 5 second once and not getting booked

Nick

Administrator
Could you imagine? Ref rarely books in the first 10 mins unless there’s a physical attack. Do you remember wise making a tackle in the first 5 second once and not getting booked
It would soon stop it all though wouldn't it? Id love for it to be the same no matter what minute it is.

Sky Blue Pete

It would soon stop it all though wouldn't it? Id love for it to be the same no matter what minute it is.
Was telling my lad who wants to ref when he’s old enough that he gets to decide what his pitch rules are. We were told in training that persistent infringement of the laws would be three fouls but you rarely see that. Much like the 6 second rule for keepers. To be fair one of the things that stopped me cautioning many players was the thought of having to complete triplicate reports for caution and sending off. If you ref 3 games at the weekend that’s a lot of paperwork

Nick

Administrator
Was telling my lad who wants to ref when he’s old enough that he gets to decide what his pitch rules are. We were told in training that persistent infringement of the laws would be three fouls but you rarely see that. Much like the 6 second rule for keepers. To be fair one of the things that stopped me cautioning many players was the thought of having to complete triplicate reports for caution and sending off. If you ref 3 games at the weekend that’s a lot of paperwork
Has the 6 second rule ever been upheld?

Sky Blue Pete

I and a bit of an idiot. I was so wound up that the red allowed the kick off even though the second player touched the Allen before the ball had travelled its circumference

Nick

Administrator
Sam McCallum. Where’d he come from? Has he even appeared in Checkatrade?

Yeah, came on against Cheltenham. Looked quite good. Left Back!

Came on and went into a crunching tackle, seemed good going forward too.

Users who are viewing this thread