Match Thread Coventry City vs Rochdale Match Thread - Saturday 1st Sep (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
What annoys me is how it's only as if certain players could make passes forward. At points in the second half it was like nobody but Doyle could pass it forward.

Then it was that nobody could pass to Chaplin, he was screaming for it and making runs but players seemed to ignore it an just give it to Doyle.

oucho

Or just saying how it is when somebody who has been on here all week seriously suggests a player who has done his ACL will come on and score.
Yeah, almost as if i genuinely hadn't seen the news he was out.
I never stick up for the owners.
Must have confused you with the other Grendel, sorry.

Pete in Portugal

1 up front a totally pointless Andreu anonymous again...

Andreu appears to be a long way off being match fit. He tries to do the right things, but his execution is poor - shots and passes tend to be under hit or miss-directed. I know he's just coming back from injury, but I think Robbins needs to give him some time out of the squad to get himself properly fit.

ccfcway

Yes, keeps as in it has happened multiple times.

What is your actual point, you seem to be insinuating you don't agree with me but you don't seem to be proving me wrong in any way.

I think we should back the manager and let him do his job. We are in a better league and almost half a new squad. I think the critism on here after ever game this early in the season is crazy.

Not sure why you respond to my posts and then want me to prove you wrong. I have as much respect for your opinion as you do mine.

I don’t get why you feel the need to take on everyone who disagrees with you

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I think we should back the manager and let him do his job. We are in a better league and almost half a new squad. I think the critism on here after ever game this early in the season is crazy.

Not sure why you respond to posts and then want people to prove you wrong. I have as much respect for your opinion as you do mine.

You don't make points though, it's as if you just have your fingers in your ears saying "i dont agree" but unable to actually explain why.

I back Robins and the players every game, if they play well I will say they play well. If Robins makes a switch that wins us the game I will say it's genius.

The criticism on match threads game after game where he persists in a system which doesn't work and gets tactically outdone by opposition teams should be expected, surely?

The last 2 games now the other team has made adjustments to their system and it has changed the game and we have had nothing in response.

cc84cov

You don't make points though, it's as if you just have your fingers in your ears saying "i dont agree" but unable to actually explain why.

I back Robins and the players every game, if they play well I will say they play well. If Robins makes a switch that wins us the game I will say it's genius.

The criticism on match threads game after game where he persists in a system which doesn't work and gets tactically outdone by opposition teams should be expected, surely?

The last 2 games now the other team has made adjustments to their system and it has changed the game and we have had nothing in response.
Spot on nick he was out done tactially yet again it’s frustrating I was sat behind their manager he was with the players every lass etc Robins stood clueless

ccfcway

Surely it’s as simple as ignoring me or blocking me then ?. Or would you rather certain people didn’t contribute ?

Nick

Administrator
Spot on nick he was out done tactially yet again it’s frustrating I was sat behind their manager he was with the players every lass etc Robins stood clueless

When it works it is great, but if it isn't working there's never much hope of it being changing and Robins standing with his hands in his pockets.

Nick

Administrator
Honestly not sure why you are jumping on my posts.

I'm replying to lots of posts.

People are discussing Robins being tactically out done, you have no real answer to it so just go on about random stats and trying to make out that saying "he gets outdone by other managers" instantly means "he should be sacked right now".

How about, if you don't agree with people saying tactically he was done today you explain how he wasn't?

ccfcway

I'm replying to lots of posts.

People are discussing Robins being tactically out done, you have no real answer to it so just go on about random stats

Thanks. That makes sense then. Let me know when I went about random
Stats in this or recent games this season then ?

stupot07

19th...has an air of familiarity about it. Still early days but 1 goal from open play in 7 games is a real concern. Played well first half, but if you can't even hit the target you don't deserve to win.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Thanks. That makes sense then. Let me know when I went about random
Stats in this or recent game last then ?

It's not really is it when we lose games like that?

Robins keeps being outdone by other managers

keeps ?

We have lost 3 out of 6.

let me guess, you don't want to change manager, but you want him to change things and win more games ?

either we feel he is the right man for the job and we need to support him through tough times or we don't and we need to get someone else in who we think is ?

Like I said, you throw a few random stats in. Start going on about wanting him sacked rather than disprove that tactically he seems to get done by other managers a fair bit and has no way of changing games midway through.

We have won 1 which was a fairly lucky penalty. We went ahead against Gillingham and drew after their manager changed it. We also went ahead against Scunthorpe until their manager changed it...

Oxford, fuck knows what he was doing there.

Sick Boy

19th...has an air of familiarity about it. Still early days but 1 goal from open play in 7 games is a real concern. Played well first half, but if you can't even hit the target you don't deserve to win.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not far off our favoured position of 17th!

I agree it's a massive concern and doesn't bode well at all.

Rasputin

To me we played like a team still finding itself towards the end of pre season.
I believe we will come good unfortunately it will be a bit too late for automatics.
Hopefully of the play offs again.
Nice settled team 442
With JCH, Chaplin, Jones featuring heavily.

Nick

Administrator
so same amount of random stats as you today then ?

Are you still trying to get away from the point being made rather than answer it?

Yep, I answered your stat with the realistic version.

Now can you tell me how Robins isn't being tactically outdone with a failure to change during games when other managers do?

BackRoomRummermill

MR must come into games with only one game plan i think, if we are winning or losing he struggles to change tactics to suit. Maybe he is not paying enough attention to what the opposition are doing, to change their game to see the game out and beat us. It is all baffling why he cannot change the set up.

ccfcway

Are you still trying to get away from the point being made rather than answer it?

Now can you tell me how Robins isn't being tactically outdone?

as you have asked, I will response, but I get a feeling your going to have a go at me for doing so anyway.

We have lost 3 of the 6 games in this new league so far.

We have a pretty much new squad and Robins decided to throw in a lot of the new faces into the first couple of games. Realising they weren't up to speed with his strategy / fitness , he has now gone back to the bulk of last years team which clearly isn't top half league one standard. (midfield consisting of Bayliss, Shipley & Doyle and a loanee). MR is trying to find the best formation and best 11 he has at his disposal out of his large new squad and this will take time.

He has continued to add to the squad after pre season (ie Baka and Charlie) so its still very early days in the squad gelling and developing an understanding of what they need to do.

he's publically said he's annoyed at a couple of the performances this season (blackpool and today) which in my opinion shows he can see what we can see and will want to get it right.

He's taken us to Wembley twice in last 18 months and as a fan given me 2 of the best days ever as a CCFC fan. I believe he deserves all of our backing and feel he will get it right. I think there Is a lot of hysteria on here and people should remember we could VERY easily be in Notts County's shoes now, in League Two and moaning about how we might not get out of it this season. I think the main reason we aren't in League Two is because of Mark Robins

He might be tactically out done in the odd game (as all managers are), but I think he is the manager to take us fwd and i'm sick of chopping and changing manager every season and getting nowhere.

Sky Blue Pete

MR must come into games with only one game plan i think, if we are winning or losing he struggles to change tactics to suit. Maybe he is not paying enough attention to what the opposition are doing, to change their game to see the game out and beat us. It is all baffling why he cannot change the set up.
Yep he’s a safety first manager. Desperately needs Kelly back and playing well

Nick

Administrator
as you have asked, I will response, but I get a feeling your going to have a go at me for doing so anyway.

We have a pretty much new squad and Robins decided to throw in a lot of the new faces into the first couple of games. Realising they weren't up to speed with his strategy / fitness , he has now gone back to the bulk of last years team which clearly isn't top half league one standard. (midfield consisting of Bayliss, Shipley & Doyle and a loanee). MR is trying to find the best formation and best 11 he has at his disposal out of his large new squad and this will take time.

He has continued to add to the squad after pre season (ie Baka and Charlie) so its still very early days in the squad gelling and developing an understanding of what they need to do.

he's publically said he's annoyed at a couple of the performances this season (blackpool and today) which in my opinion shows he can see what we can see and will want to get it right.

He's taken us to Wembley twice in last 18 months and as a fan given me 2 of the best days ever as a CCFC fan. I believe he deserves all of our backing and feel he will get it right. I think there Is a lot of hysteria on here and people should remember we could VERY easily be in Notts County's shoes now, in League Two and moaning about how we might not get out of it this season. I think the main reason we aren't in League Two is because of Mark Robins

He might be tactically out done in the odd game (as all managers are), but I think he is the manager to take us fwd and i'm sick of chopping and changing manager every season and getting nowhere.

That's not answering anything about him being tactically outdone by opposition managers changing things midgame though does it?

It's not like it's a new issue.

If the system we start the game with works then it's great, if it doesn't work from the start (Blackpool, Wimbledon, Oxford) then we struggle badly. If it works for a bit and their managers tweak what they are doing to nullify it then we also struggle badly.

A team gelling or taking us to Wembley is nothing to do with the point being made.

BackRoomRummermill

That's not answering anything about him being tactically outdone by opposition managers changing things midgame though does it?

If the system we start the game with works then it's great, if it doesn't work from the start (Blackpool, Wimbledon, Oxford) then we struggle badly. If it works for a bit and their managers tweak what they are doing to nullify it then we also struggle badly.

A team gelling or taking us to Wembley is nothing to do with the point being made.

Agree

ccfcway

what do you want me to say Nick ?

I think he got it wrong v Blackpool and to a lesser extend Scunthorpe. The rest of the league games this season could have gone either way.

I think he got it right a awful lot of least season including when it mattered, which is why we got promoted.

Maybe, just maybe he believes in his system and encourages his team to stick to it through 90 mins and it will bring results.

Sometimes that may not work, which is why he was managing a league two club and not premier league.

People like Kevin Nolan who outsmarted Robins in 1st leg of play offs have come and gone.

Nick

Administrator
what do you want me to say Nick ?

I think he got it wrong v Blackpool and to a lesser extend Scunthorpe. The rest of the league games this season could have gone either way.

I think he got it right a awful lot of least season including when it mattered, which is why we got promoted.

Maybe, just maybe he believes in his system and encourages his team to stick to it through 90 mins and it will bring results.

Sometimes that may not work, which is why he was managing a league two club and not premier league.

People like Kevin Nolan who outsmarted Robins in 1st leg of play offs have come and gone.

He has been outsmarted more times this season than he has outsmarted other managers.

Scunthorpe, Gillingham, Today

Oxford I have no idea what he was trying to do so not sure if that classes as being outsmarted as it was so easy for them.

Blackpool and Wimbledon he just got it wrong from the start.

If you are trying to tell me I am wrong for making the point that he has no idea how to change games during play then dont just randomly go on about other stuff irrelevant to the point. Prove me wrong with how he doesn't get outsmarted.

Grendel

Mindless gibberish

Hullinho87

He’s a conservative manager.
You either have to back him as that or not.
Backing him requires a great deal of patience, a really great deal!
It was the same for the first 10 to 15 games last season.

The two biggest issues with this style, is as you point out, that it is very hard to adapt mid game as it’s not built around fluidity & that if you play like that and lose games narrowly then patience gets in shorter and shorter supply ... about where we are now!

Personally, I think tactically it will come good against many other managers in this league as the longer MR persist’s with the style, the more the players will get used to it .. 442 maybe our best option in this style though as well as taking our chances of course ...

.. my main view is that we will be hard to beat once we get in front - before you shout at me on this point, as it’s it not what we have done this season at all, I am reasonably confident that the full backs pushing on will make us hard to play against. We do need to get used to this as an approach though, more crosses, less long balls.
I do not think MR is specifically directing the long ball scenario’s, I think this is bi-product of over forcing the conservatism in trying to force the game(s).
Building a team around Andreu though is a no go right now, I agree with you on that.

Either way, I am completely aware that this style, without results will cause frustrating reactions.

I will however, again personally, stick with this style and MR for a little longer yet.

My pre-season expectation was mid-table and I still think we will achieve that under my mate Robins.

Users who are viewing this thread