Match Thread Coventry City vs Rochdale Match Thread - Saturday 1st Sep (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
its fine lines.

Notts county have sacked their manager and in league two.

we need to back the manager and the team as we are a league above now and its not going to be easy.

The negativity 6 games in is completely bizarre
It's not really is it when we lose games like that?

Robins keeps being outdone by other managers

pusbccfc

Robins is tactically inept. He's shown that at this level before. Yet again it's showing already. Poor recruitment and pathetic tactics will result in failure and his departure.

He was tactically inept in league 2 but managed to ge lucky with a handful of good performances at the end of last season.

oucho

its fine lines.

Notts county have sacked their manager and in league two.

we need to back the manager and the team as we are a league above now and its not going to be easy.

The negativity 6 games in is completely bizarre
Funny how we get promoted into a tougher league and our manager becomes hopeless overnight just as we naturally struggle more so than last season....

CovInEssex

Nothing clear cut, just half chances but you'd expect to score 1-2 of them on a normal day. Toothless in the final third

Nick

Administrator
Funny how we get promoted into a tougher league and our manager becomes hopeless overnight just as we naturally struggle more so than last season....
Funny how you don't have any idea what you are talking about but keep trying to pipe up.

It's weird. Don't get it at all

ccfcway

It's not really is it when we lose games like that?

Robins keeps being outdone by other managers

keeps ?

We have lost 3 out of 6.

let me guess, you don't want to change manager, but you want him to change things and win more games ?

either we feel he is the right man for the job and we need to support him through tough times or we don't and we need to get someone else in who we think is ?

Harries11

Can someone explain to me how Grimmer got man of the match in that game? I thought he was very poor. Thought Doyle had a rubbish game as well. Disappointing.

Forever_Blue

Now he’s got his man, Robins must be given more time to develop his side to how he wants it, but there’s certainly cracks beginning to show, plus his new signings have not yet improved the team. He’s got to Xmas for me, but if things don’t improve then I can see him struggling to hold on to his job.

oucho

Funny how you don't have any idea what you are talking about but keep trying to pipe up.

Sorry but i thought this was a public forum where anyone can 'pipe up'. If that means excluding anyone who doesn't follow all the updates from the club on injuries, doesn't want the manager sa ked every time we lose, then again i apologise.

Do 't get it? I am trying to join in on a match thread whilst sitting in a hotel room in Slovakoa with the mrs really ill in bed. Instead i'm being treated with contempt on here

Nick

Administrator
keeps ?

We have lost 3 out of 6.

let me guess, you don't want to change manager, but you want him to change things and win more games ?

Yes, keeps as in it has happened multiple times.

What is your actual point, you seem to be insinuating you don't agree with me but you don't seem to be proving me wrong in any way.

mark82

Sorry but i thought this was a public forum where anyone can 'pipe up'. If that means excluding anyone who doesn't follow all the updates from the club on injuries, doesn't want the manager sa ked every time we lose, then again i apologise.

Do 't get it? I am trying to join in on a match thread whilst sitting in a hotel room in Slovakoa with the mrs really ill in bed. Instead i'm being treated with contempt on here

Hope it's nothing serious.

wingy

Why is he
There's needs to be a bit realism on here
We will be ok and finish mid table
I don't see a problem with that
To much impatience on here
He was god 4 months ago.

Nick

Administrator

It is a public forum which is why I am saying it publicly, you are just looking like somebody who is trying too hard to be interested in something you don't really know about.

I can't see where you are being excluded, just pointing your nonsense out like the bloke at a party who clearly has no interest or know about cars but tries to join in (insert any subject other than cars here).

Nick

Administrator
Why is he
There's needs to be a bit realism on here
We will be ok and finish mid table
I don't see a problem with that
To much impatience on here
He was god 4 months ago.

It's pretty realistic to be annoyed after watching that today. I don't expect promotion, I have expected mid table and still do.

It's not about expectations, it is about the basics which we seem to be lacking and the persistence of doing things that don't work.

ccfcway

It’s almost as if we’ve gone full circle in terms of attitude towards the gaffer despite him bringing us 2 trophies in 18 months .
6 games in lads and lasses , get a grip he deserves time

common sense. I like it. funny thing is, very few will say "he needs to go", they will say "he has till xxx to turn it around"

wingy

It is a public forum which is why I am saying it publicly, you are just looking like somebody who is trying too hard to be interested in something you don't really know about.

I can't see where you are being excluded, just pointing your nonsense out like the bloke at a party who clearly has no interest or know about cars but tries to join in (insert any subject other than cars here).
Give over Nick
You're being overbearing.

Nick

Administrator
It’s almost as if we’ve gone full circle in terms of attitude towards the gaffer despite him bringing us 2 trophies in 18 months .
6 games in lads and lasses , get a grip he deserves time

On the other hand, fans don't deserve him to be still pretending it's pre season 5 games into the season.

Gazolba

Horrible. Lightning bolt crashed into the building next to us. Staying in this evening by the looks of it.
You are getting very close to being put in my 'ignored persons' list.
Your post has nothing to do with the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4439

Seen enough of Thomas now to know we cant afford him in that position. And why we are persisting with 1 up front, I just don't understand, Have to give Dale credit for how they switched around tactics: we, on the other hand looked our predictable selves.

cc84cov

Can’t get my head round that system tbh to has to be 4-4-2 next week end of now we’re being bullied and game managed by poor football teams we seem too weak.

Robins has his man now it’s tme to kick on else the pressure will start mourning Robins looked clueless today out done by their manager people say it will come good I’m struggling to see how we don’t create enough.Corners free kicks total waste of time so frustrating today.

Chaplin looks a real asset he’s got great movement you can see the player in him he will score goals for us no doubt.

Gint11

First 10 mins we were poor then we dominated the first half. One problem we have is we don’t capitalise when on top. Completely different performance 2nd half, different team. No gel, no cohesion, no attacking intent, useless.....
What does JCH actually do?
Willis future leader?? Nah mate
Doyle - too OLD

I could go on....we have problems.

oucho

Have you ever thought that some people such as me tune in and out and thus miss stuff? You live on here, and fair play that is your choice. I'm mostly an armchair CCFC fan who knows far less than more dedicated fams such as you. As such i will get things wrong and that's nothing to be embarrased about. I don't mind so long as others don't. All clubs have their cadual fans, football wouldn't be football without us. Despite this i pay thousands every year watching us and dedicate my free time to my CCFC fans group. Less of the derision please, honest mistake pointed out abd acknowledged.

P.s. i still think it's far too early to sack MR. If that means i am not a legitmate fan of a club that has changed manager every 17 months since Strachan then so be it.

covcity4life

We would be in championship now of Mowbray didn't leave after 10 games as his success elsewhere shows

So despite being angry at robin's it's too early for him to go yet

Grendel

Have you ever thought that some people such as me tune in and out and thus miss stuff? You live on here, and fair play that is your choice. I'm mostly an armchair CCFC fan who knows far less than more dedicated fams such as you. As such i will get things wrong and that's nothing to be embarrased about. I don't mind so long as others don't. All clubs have their cadual fans, football wouldn't be football without us. Despite this i pay thousands every year watching us and dedicate my free time to my CCFC fans group. Less of the derision please, honest mistake pointed out abd acknowledged.

P.s. i still think it's far too early to sack MR. If that means i am not a legitmate fan of a club that has changed manager every 17 months since Strachan then so be it.

You once said Andy Thorn was the next best manager we had since Jimmy Hill

Enough said

oucho

You once said Andy Thorn was the next best manager we had since Jimmy Hill

Enough said

You say i am not a proper City fan. A bit rich from a blole who has hated every manager we have ever had and most players too. In fact the only people you consistently stick up for are the owners and directors. Some fan.

Grendel

You say i am not a proper City fan. A bit rich from a blole who has hated every manager we have ever had and most players too. In fact the only people you consistently stick up for are the owners and directors. Some fan.

I never stick up for the owners.

You wouldn’t even know most of our managers and players you weirdo

Nick

Administrator
First 10 mins we were poor then we dominated the first half. One problem we have is we don’t capitalise when on top. Completely different performance 2nd half, different team. No gel, no cohesion, no attacking intent, useless.....
What does JCH actually do?
Willis future leader?? Nah mate
Doyle - too OLD

I could go on....we have problems.

JCH played well first off and some of our chances came from him, he needs somebody playing off him in this system which he doesn't have.

When we made subs we still kept the same formation and shape, we don't seem to change things mid-game yet we see other teams do it against us and how effective it is.

CCFC_Charlie

Clarke-Harris played well today but still missed three point blank headers that he should be burying. 11 shots in the first half with 0 on target is just shocking from the team as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread