Match Thread Coventry City vs QPR (3 Viewers)

Irish Sky Blue

Shipley at cdm contributed to costing us the game last week I don’t ever want to see him play there again he’s not a holding player he don’t tackle for one 🤣
You also thought Eccles wasn't up to it and spent a large part of last season saying that Bakayoko should never play for us again. That's as we'll as letting everyone know how crap Robins was in games for not changing things. Games we usually won.
If Robins thinks that Shipley is worth a go there then so be it. The 25 first half minutes he had after replacing Kelly were excellent.

robbiekeane

Buzzing for this - definitely got a meeting that doesn't end until 15 minutes in so i will have the first part on in the background and try to contain my reactions if anything happens

BornSlippySkyBlue

Nothing as dramatic as must win, but it’d be good to get back to winning ways after two undeserved defeats. And I think we will.

Dabo v Pask is the big question, with Dabo being the better RWB and key to our team but with that same mindset is it worth risking him for one game? I would start him, as it’s better to bring him off if needed than waste a sub on a pre determined move. He can also help impact the game from the start.

The other possible debate is Godden v Walker, but that’s straight forward to me - Godden. Walker isn’t looking match sharp yet.

Confident of a victory and if Dabo does start I can’t wait to see us playing with two attacking wing backs and exploiting the space we create in this system.

Only personal (and selfish) caveat for me - our baby is due tomorrow, so what are the odds contractions start at 7:45....!
Good luck for tomorrow and the rest of your life ;) (both ours were 14 days late mind, so you might have a bit of time left).

capel & collindridge

Come on this is City, we’re just as likely to hammer QPR and lose to Barnsley.
Great pattern to get three points from two games. Do that all season and we end up on a comfortable 69 points. Go unbeaten all season by drawing every game and we finish with 46 points and possible relegation.

fernandopartridge

Nothing as dramatic as must win, but it’d be good to get back to winning ways after two undeserved defeats. And I think we will.

Dabo v Pask is the big question, with Dabo being the better RWB and key to our team but with that same mindset is it worth risking him for one game? I would start him, as it’s better to bring him off if needed than waste a sub on a pre determined move. He can also help impact the game from the start.

The other possible debate is Godden v Walker, but that’s straight forward to me - Godden. Walker isn’t looking match sharp yet.

Confident of a victory and if Dabo does start I can’t wait to see us playing with two attacking wing backs and exploiting the space we create in this system.

Only personal (and selfish) caveat for me - our baby is due tomorrow, so what are the odds contractions start at 7:45....!

Good luck. Even if they start at KO there is loads of times so tell your missus not to worry. Cov won their following games after the birth of both my children, hope it's similar omens for you.

shmmeee

a comfortable 69

giphy.gif

cc84cov

You also thought Eccles wasn't up to it and spent a large part of last season saying that Bakayoko should never play for us again. That's as we'll as letting everyone know how crap Robins was in games for not changing things. Games we usually won.
If Robins thinks that Shipley is worth a go there then so be it. The 25 first half minutes he had after replacing Kelly were excellent.
Eccles wasn’t tough enough I felt was too weak enjoyed his performance midweek,Baka won’t be here past this season,he’s developing at a snails pace like the lad but he’s not at the level needed.

cc84cov

My only worry tonight is fitness levels down the home straight hoping we don’t tail off I imagne us probably playing them off the park they finished 7th bottom last year and have lost arguably their best player I feel if we play how we can and take our chances we will beat them.

2-1 win

Sky Blue Harry H

Great pattern to get three points from two games. Do that all season and we end up on a comfortable 69 points. Go unbeaten all season by drawing every game and we finish with 46 points and possible relegation.

Feeling positive about the season, but applying your logic, if we draw tonight, we'll end up the season with 23 points, and if we lose, then it's no points for the season. Let's hope your pattern is right! :geek: Edit: if we drew every game from now on, we'd only get 45 as we lost the first.

KenilworthSkyBlue

My only worry tonight is fitness levels down the home straight hoping we don’t tail off I imagne us probably playing them off the park they finished 7th bottom last year and have lost arguably their best player I feel if we play how we can and take our chances we will beat them.

2-1 win

Unfortunately, I think we probably need to accept that players tiring during the back end of the second half is likely to be a recurring trend for the next few matches.

Not playing a competitive fixture for around 6 months up until the Bristol City match last weekend was always going to put us at a distinct disadvantage against others in the Championship.

Scoring in the first half and keeping it tight in the second half will be key to getting a result against QPR I think.

Despite losing Eze QPR still have a lot of good players so I doubt it'll be as easy as you say. Osayi-Samual and Dykes will be the ones to watch.

Hobo

This will be a tough fixture as QPR always seem to start reasonably well. They normally set out to play entertaining football so should be an entertaining game.

I can see Sheaf starting on the bench with Robins keeping faith in Shipley for this one.

Philosorapter

Does anyone know if home advantage is more prevalent in the Championship than it is in Division One?

Users who are viewing this thread