Match Thread Coventry City vs QPR (2 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Nothing as dramatic as must win, but it’d be good to get back to winning ways after two undeserved defeats. And I think we will.

Dabo v Pask is the big question, with Dabo being the better RWB and key to our team but with that same mindset is it worth risking him for one game? I would start him, as it’s better to bring him off if needed than waste a sub on a pre determined move. He can also help impact the game from the start.

The other possible debate is Godden v Walker, but that’s straight forward to me - Godden. Walker isn’t looking match sharp yet.

Confident of a victory and if Dabo does start I can’t wait to see us playing with two attacking wing backs and exploiting the space we create in this system.

Only personal (and selfish) caveat for me - our baby is due tomorrow, so what are the odds contractions start at 7:45....!

Labour usually takes hours - drop her off at the hospital then find the nearest TV. ;)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

They have them by the beds now. I had a great time watching Spooks and eating toast while my ex was in labour

Maybe they should incorporate goalline technology to see if the head has crossed the line.

Nick probably wants his kids to be born quickly in the breech position - get a two-footer in early doors

Sky Blue Harry H

Only personal (and selfish) caveat for me - our baby is due tomorrow, so what are the odds contractions start at 7:45....!

Same happened to me Dec 28th 2005. season ticket in pocket hoping to run off from the Walsgrave Hospital for 7.45 kick off, and he decided to arrive just after 7pm (so a no go!) 1-1 v Crewe!!

Mucca Mad Boys

surely Sheaf for Kelly

For the Barnsley game, I’d start Sheaf and Hamer. This game however, Sheaf is probably best used coming off the bench in the second half, replacing Shipley or Hamer if he starts losing his head. 90 minutes on Tuesday, I’m sure MR would’ve taken him off had he planned to start him today.

ccfcchris

• QPR hit 67 goals last term and started this season brightly
  • However, the Rs conceded 76 times last term
  • Both teams have scored in four of QPR’s last five games
Coventry head back to Birmingham
Coventry’s return to the Championship saw them lose at Bristol City on Saturday, a result they followed with an EFL Cup defeat on penalties at Gillingham. Now the Sky Blues play their first home game of the season, although they aren’t really at home. They are still playing their games at Birmingham’s St Andrew’s Stadium.

That didn’t impact the Sky Blues too much last term when they produced some impressive results in their home matches. However, can they pick up a result as they return to the ground for the first time since March?

QPR looking sharp
The visitors head to this clash on the back of an impressive win over Nottingham Forest. While the Rs lost key man Eberechi Eze in the summer, they looked sharp up top in their 2-0 win over Forest. New signing Lyndon Dykes hit the opener for Ilias Chair – who is expected to step up without Eze – fired in the second.

QPR were a great side to watch last season, as they scored an impressive 67 goals but had one of the worst defences in the league, shipping 76 goals. They have done little to boost their backline but clearly have options in attack, so the Rs are likely to be the league’s entertainers once again. We can see that in their recent games, with both teams scoring in four of their last five competitive matches.

Rs picking up
The visitors were dreadful during the restart, but their late flourish means they are now four games unbeaten, although that run has produced just one clean sheet. While the visitors may not be the most solid at the back still, they are starting to impress. Away to a Coventry side playing in a rented stadium with no fans in support you have to say that the Rs have a good chance of getting something.

The Sky Blues have scored in all three of their games so far, with the last two seeing both teams score. They failed to keep a clean sheet through six preseason friendlies and they won’t be nearly as solid as last term against Championship opposition. However, Coventry were able to create 16 chances at playoff hopefuls Bristol City, so we are backing both teams to score here. With the Rs going four unbeaten in the league, our correct score prediction is a 1-1 draw.

mark82

Nothing as dramatic as must win, but it’d be good to get back to winning ways after two undeserved defeats. And I think we will.

Dabo v Pask is the big question, with Dabo being the better RWB and key to our team but with that same mindset is it worth risking him for one game? I would start him, as it’s better to bring him off if needed than waste a sub on a pre determined move. He can also help impact the game from the start.

The other possible debate is Godden v Walker, but that’s straight forward to me - Godden. Walker isn’t looking match sharp yet.

Confident of a victory and if Dabo does start I can’t wait to see us playing with two attacking wing backs and exploiting the space we create in this system.

Tell her to cross her legs.

Greggs

Clean sheet would be nice, the goals will come.

kg82

Shipley at cdm contributed to costing us the game last week I don’t ever want to see him play there again he’s not a holding player he don’t tackle for one 🤣
It was a poorly defended corner. Yes, by Shipley. But the position he was playing had no bearing on the position he took up at the corner.

some lad

This is hard to call, QPR are a decent team. Coventry played quite well against Bristol City, but this won’t be easy, I’m going for a 2-2 draw, Godden and Walker to score for Coventry. I think QPR will go 1-0 up, then Cov will fight back to go 2-1 up, then QPR will equalise. I hope I’m wrong, but I think we will take time to adjust to this league, and this game won’t be any different. The championship is a big step up from league one.

some lad

Yeah and i think that's a reasonable question. If you think it won't be a struggle for survival this season you really are on another planet.
Yeah, I agree with this, it’s gonna be tough for this team to adjust to the championship. We need to be realistic, the games against bottom half teams are the ones we need to prioritise, especially the likes of Luton, Barnsley, Huddersfield, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday, Wycombe and Rotherham who will be fighting relegation. We are in that mini league, so these are the games that will most likely define our season. I’m confident of survival though still, I’ve predicted Cov to finish 18th.

some lad

We are a good football team. If we can command possession of the ball I fancy us. O'Hare had a promising start v Bristol. Him and Allen can do real damage I'm sure.

I hope you’re right. Tbh, I’m just hoping we can get a draw then beat Barnsley. I have a better feeling about the Barnsley game.

Corrado

Cov are favourites tonight 7/5 on bet 365
You can get 21/10 on QPR.

Bookies are rarely wrong.........

Skybluefaz

4 points would be an excellent return however it comes. The first win is always big, especially when promoted. Will hopefully be a big confidence boost and reassure them that they belong at that level.

Users who are viewing this thread