Match Thread Coventry City vs QPR (3 Viewers)

Evo1883

I see Godden is now FAV for 1st goalscorer...

Only one firm laying Jodi Jones for 1st goalscorer... The wonderful BoyleSports 😕

Cant pay any money if he isn't actually playing
giphy.gif

Happy_Martian

QPR fans sounding optimistic on their forum. Most expecting an away win. A couple of nice comments about us though.

Evo1883

QPR fans sounding optimistic on their forum. Most expecting an away win. A couple of nice comments about us though.

It's the classic "they've just come up so we should win" argument. It's a classic way to fail

Happy_Martian

I made a name for myself last year as the worst pundit in the history of football forums (zero correct predictions out of 15 games). So I see no reason to change a terrible record. I anticipate a wide open game and Cov to come out losers in a 2-3 goalfest.

Happy_Martian

Surely a day for the legendary Nick two footer early doors....sending off and then home on time to watch Cov!

Nah, Nick's getting on in years now. His calf is bound to get tight just before halftime ;) Plenty of time for a shower, grab a sixpack from the local Coop and back in time for Don Goodmans prematch summary.

Happy_Martian

- their view of the game.

lord_garrincha

Just seen the 'to be booked' betting with Hamer at 11/4...

Joint favourite is Godden at 7/4!

I could not remember him being booked for us... So I checked... once, on debut.

The bookies have a weird opinion in Matty!

Evo1883

Just seen the 'to be booked' betting with Hamer at 11/4...

Joint favourite is Godden at 7/4!

I could not remember him being booked for us... So I checked... once, on debut.

The bookies have a weird opinion in Matty!
They usually just go with what people are betting... People are actually putting money on that for some reason

Gibbo

On the subject of birth's clashing with games...

A friend who is a big Spurs fan was at a conference with me in Durham, and his wife was due to give birth. Spurs were playing Accrington (IIRC) in a cup comp that evening and he was planning to go, as it was a grounds he had never seen Spurs play. His wife went into labour and he was phoned and told to get himself back home pdq. He contemplated it, then said "No, I can always have another baby, but Spurs will never play Accrington again"

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

On the subject of birth's clashing with games...

A friend who is a big Spurs fan was at a conference with me in Durham, and his wife was due to give birth. Spurs were playing Accrington (IIRC) in a cup comp that evening and he was planning to go, as it was a grounds he had never seen Spurs play. His wife went into labour and he was phoned and told to get himself back home pdq. He contemplated it, then said "No, I can always have another baby, but Spurs will never play Accrington again"

I mean, it's hard to argue with that.

Last edited:

no_loyalty

It also says on their forum that Dabo is out with a knee injury, but clearly not as just seen the team :)

cc84cov

Shippers at cdm, let's hope he has a good game... Played decent at brizzle but its not his natural
Don’t fancy us so much now with him in there hope to go he proves me wrong tonight.

Knew Dabo would start Mr Monkey laughed at me when I said Pask wasn’t good enough seems Mr Robins agreed with me 🤣

CovInEssex

I'm offering 1/1000 odds on Nick saying something like "someone needs to hit that big pacey fucker hard"

Evo1883

Good to see that our shirt sponsor has every confidence in the team.

It's got to be part of our deal that the club promote them... Some people acting like they genuinely care when they don't..

Evo1883

Don’t fancy us so much now with him in there hope to go he proves me wrong tonight.

Knew Dabo would start Mr Monkey laughed at me when I said Pask wasn’t good enough seems Mr Robins agreed with me 🤣

To be fair, Dabo is probably one of the best wing backs even in this division... It's no surprise Robins rushed to get him back in...

Users who are viewing this thread