Match Thread Coventry City vs Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Saturday 18th Aug (1 Viewer)

CovInEssex

It was a nervous penalty. If it was in the corner then the hand the GK gets on it pushes it away?

ccfcway

great result and another clean sheet for a side with 2 new full backs, an unfit CB and a keeper that few rate.

Gelling up top will come.

A solid start to the season so far.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Changed your mind?

I've just seen it on the highlights now and it's a really good penalty and not hit that slowly either.

Excellent pen.

Not seen it back yet O. I'm hoping it's not his regular way of taking them. I prefer a 'smash it in the net' kinda pen, bit like McNulty did, all but one anyway.

hill83

I’m more of a run from the halfway line at 100% and smash a big toe right down the middle kind of penalty bloke, but that was a half decent penalty.

Nonleagueherewecome

Bad pace and not near the corner. It's not a good pen per say.
No having just seen it, I am amazed it went in! A pathetic dribble into the corner. One of the worst successful penalties I have ever seen-but who cares, it went in and we won!

It was amusing hearing Robins talk about "well, he got the winning goal and he's off the mark" and then Bakayoko admit that Andreu and Doyle had ensured that he got to take it despite not being the designated penalty taker "to boost his confidence" in his interview. Good job it went in!

Nonleagueherewecome

Just watched it back again.

Still maintain that's a very good penalty. :)
Seriously? Must be on the wind up there, Otis. But it went in, so yes, it's good....

Last edited:

Adge

Keeper got very close.

Admit I was wrong in thinking it was Mason who got fouled but I think I can be forgiven for that one ;)
Keeper did get close and actually got a hand on it. I thought that at the time aswell, but hey ho it went in.

Grendel

My thoughts exactly.

I sit on the opposite side and I thought it was placed well. Actually it wasn’t great at all and as the keeper guessed the right way he probably should have saved it.

Grendel

Otis

Definate touch by the keeper. Better hand and it’d have stayed out :)
From where I was it looked like it went straight in.

At the time I did sort of gasp, because he didn't seem to have hit it hard enough, but the placement looked just right.

Just wondering now if he had have hit it harder whether the keeper might have got a better fist on it (sometimes a harder shot flies further away with the slightest deflction).

Anyway, it was a goal and a goal for Coventry City and therefore, a great goal!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
From where I was it looked like it went straight in.

At the time I did sort of gasp, because he didn't seem to have hit it hard enough, but the placement looked just right.

Just wondering now if he had have hit it harder whether the keeper might have got a better fist on it (sometimes a harder shot flies further away with the slightest deflction).

Anyway, it was a goal and a goal for Coventry City and therefore, a great goal!

Goal of the season? So far anyway ;) or is that taking it a bit too far? :D

Nonleagueherewecome

Goal of the season? So far anyway ;) or is that taking it a bit too far? :D
Think Andreu's FK is ahead by some way so far!

Users who are viewing this thread