Match Thread Coventry City vs Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Saturday 18th Aug (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

Still all very early days but stand out players for me were Doyle, the centre backs and the lad Thomas.............really concerned about Bakayoko and Hiwula, they just look clumsy and panicky and bakayoko was knackered after an hour ! Shipley was good too, it's only today but it looks like we've invested in worse than we already had !

CCFCSteve

Drop andreu, Thomas on the right, bayliss in the middle, Shipley on the left

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Have to agree with this. Andreu is no doubt a quality player but I think having him bayliss in the same team leaves us narrow and unbalanced. The fact is for all Andreus nice touches and clever passes, bayliss looks more of a threat at the moment and drives forward with the ball which defenders hate. Good problem to have but hope robins has a look at the above formation as it could be a winner

dazed&confused

How the fuck does Biamou get offside from that?

Actually, from where I was sat in Block 20, he looked like he was onside to me. He had been stood slightly offside but came back onside before the ball was played forward. And I would call it a very poor decision by the linesman. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever see a replay that confirms it one way or the other.

Sky Blue Pete

Are you the Pete that Linnell always seems to want to talk to instead of your boy?

I’m not sure if he just doesn’t know how to deal with talking to younger fans as everytime kid fans call up, he’s always wanting to know who they’re with and if he can talk to them!
Yep it really winds sam up enormously

pipkin73

2 clean sheets in 3 league games now, looking to try and gell and struggling to score goals. Sounds just like last seasons start.

djr8369

Actually, from where I was sat in Block 20, he looked like he was onside to me. He had been stood slightly offside but came back onside before the ball was played forward. And I would call it a very poor decision by the linesman. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever see a replay that confirms it one way or the other.

This was my assessment also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDube

Sat in block 20 also, and I would’ve called it comfortably offside! He didn’t get himself back and the defenders went up with him. If the pass went a fraction earlier then maybe he was on. Matter of the fact is he shouldn’t of got caught off in that situation

pipkin73

Andreu/Bayliss are they our Lampard/Gerrard?

Two great players but no one could ever get them to play well together, England always seemed to play better when one was out of the team.
Could we play one for 60-70 mins then sub for the other? Would allow the team to be stronger for 90 mins as Andreu seems to tire anyway, so at least between them the position would be strong for the entire game (play them both as a 10).
Would allow the team to play Shipley or Thomas in games also (maybe they could also switch at 60-70 mins).
With both those subs happening you would not weaken the team but improve it with new energy in important positions.

Only way i can think of playing the four of them and keeping them happy, without having to play a system to fit them in.

ps1948

Can't be saying stuff like that, not agreeing with Grendel, the man who supports the team but no one in it......edit, he seems to like Jordan Shipley (today) but I wonder what he would have said if another player had had three shots without scoring, especially one that should have wrapped the game up for us?

Grendel

Can't be saying stuff like that, not agreeing with Grendel, the man who supports the team but no one in it......edit, he seems to like Jordan Shipley (today) but I wonder what he would have said if another player had had three shots without scoring, especially one that should have wrapped the game up for us?

I like several players and I wouldn’t hurl dogs abuse at a forward before he’s even kicked a ball, hurl abuse at a teenage full back for no reason other than I assume he is preferred above a coventry treasure

Read my ratings clown

lifeskyblue

Thought we were better v Scunthorpe but lost. Today the intro of their no 9 gave Plymouth more options up front (glad he wasn’t on from the start) and we didn’t play well after the player was sent off. Should have stretched the game and not dropped so deep. However positives in defence and midfield, including subs, but still not convincing up front.
A win is a win and it will help the youngsters confidence and this team will improve. At times the passing is very good and the longer the season goes on the better I think it will get. Robins also will be happy with the progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magwitch

Haven’t got a problem with stewards standing every 3 steps... after last season and all the ass holes that caused trouble you can’t really blame them!!
Apparently pissing and even worse at back of stand was a fairly regular event,
Back to the game: not in England I read Davies was ill but what about Junior Brown for me his 20 minutes at Wimbledon was our shining light in a poorish performance, surprised he wasn’t even a sub.

Nick

Administrator
Apparently pissing and even worse at back of stand was a fairly regular event,
Back to the game: not in England I read Davies was ill but what about Junior Brown for me his 20 minutes at Wimbledon was our shining light in a poorish performance, surprised he wasn’t even a sub.

Brown was in the stands, I didn't pay much attention but when I looked over (could see his hair) but it looked like he was pretty much sat on his own.

Did anybody over that way see?

cc84cov

Off subject but I see reading lost again,3 in a row now joint bottom McNulty subbed on the hour ish mark again.Quick read on their forum fans calling him and his strike partner poor.

ps1948

I like several players and I wouldn’t hurl dogs abuse at a forward before he’s even kicked a ball, hurl abuse at a teenage full back for no reason other than I assume he is preferred above a coventry treasure

Read my ratings clown

Touched a nerve, did I? :emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish:
For the record, I am not, and have never been employed as a clown - I have often been tempted, as have many others I suspect, to call you any one of several derogatory names, but haven't done so.
I do respect the fact that you have the right to express your opinions. I do, however, reserve the right to highlight what I see as your often un-necessarily negative comments towards those players who you don't like, which seems to be many/most of the team.
PS - I won't point out all of the grammatical errors in your response, but feel that not using a capital letter in Coventry should be pointed out.

Grendel

Touched a nerve, did I? :emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish:
For the record, I am not, and have never been employed as a clown - I have often been tempted, as have many others I suspect, to call you any one of several derogatory names, but haven't done so.
I do respect the fact that you have the right to express your opinions. I do, however, reserve the right to highlight what I see as your often un-necessarily negative comments towards those players who you don't like, which seems to be many/most of the team.
PS - I won't point out all of the grammatical errors in your response, but feel that not using a capital letter in Coventry should be pointed out.

I really wouldn’t flatter yourself to assume you have “touched a nerve”.

The truth is I’m negative against very few players and the negativity manifests itself in pretty moderate language compared to that dished out to many.

The truth of course is it’s who I dare to criticise that’s the issue.

What have you been employed as - a bin man?

dazed&confused

Sat in block 20 also, and I would’ve called it comfortably offside! He didn’t get himself back and the defenders went up with him. If the pass went a fraction earlier then maybe he was on. Matter of the fact is he shouldn’t of got caught off in that situation

Oh. I suppose I could be wrong. Hopefully we're all talking about the same incident. I'm not his greatest fan, and was watching him just to see if he could stay onside. And, I'd swear that he did. Was it shown on ifollow or whatever it's called? Do they show replays of incidents like that?

Nick

Administrator
Oh. I suppose I could be wrong. Hopefully we're all talking about the same incident. I'm not his greatest fan, and was watching him just to see if he could stay onside. And, I'd swear that he did. Was it shown on ifollow or whatever it's called? Do they show replays of incidents like that?
It shows the whole game, what minute was it?

I assume it's the one where he went to run, then stopped and then went to run again?

I'll have a look if the replay is on there

What sort of minute was it?

dazed&confused

It shows the whole game, what minute was it?

I assume it's the one where he went to run, then stopped and then went to run again?

I'll have a look if the replay is on there

What sort of minute was it?

Very good question. Help. Maybe between the 88th minute and 91st minute?

Magwitch

Brown was in the stands, I didn't pay much attention but when I looked over (could see his hair) but it looked like he was pretty much sat on his own.

Did anybody over that way see?
Brown has had a serous injury missing most the second half of last season. I noticed at Wimbledon he had a belt around his legs doing some sort of excercises, perhaps he’s just not 100% yet.

Hobo

I really wouldn’t flatter yourself to assume you have “touched a nerve”.

The truth is I’m negative against very few players and the negativity manifests itself in pretty moderate language compared to that dished out to many.

The truth of course is it’s who I dare to criticise that’s the issue.

What have you been employed as - a bin man?

I think your last line proves he did touch a nerve.

Grendel

I think your last line proves he did touch a nerve.

He really hasn’t it was in response to his “I haven’t been employed as a clown”

Otis

Keeper should have saved it imo. Yes he found the bottom corner but only just.

Not that it matters; it could roll in at 2mph for all I care, as long as it goes in.

But I maintain it was poor.
Changed your mind?

I've just seen it on the highlights now and it's a really good penalty and not hit that slowly either.

Excellent pen.

Users who are viewing this thread