Match Thread Coventry City vs Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Saturday 18th Aug (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City vs Plymouth Argyle match, tactics and predictions :)

fernandopartridge

I wouldn't play Biamouo, I'd go with Bakayoko and Hiwula up front, I don't think Biamou is enough of a threat. We need strikers that can come to the ball and get in behind, Hiwula gets slated but he's got himself into scoring positions, Biamou hasn't.

Otherwise agree with Shmmeee

covcity4life

stop so much changing, go with what you think on paper is strongest 11 and give them 2 or 3 more games in same positions now

o brien/burge
brown
davies
willis
sterling
doyle
agogo
andreu
bayliss
allasanni
hiwula

bawtryneal

Desperately need 3 points and a good performance
All the momentum from last season will soon drain away

PUSB

Liquid Gold

---------------Burge
Grimmer - Willis - Davies - Brown
------------Ogogo - Doyle
Bayliss - Andreu - Allissani/Shipley
------Bakayoko / Hiwula

Play people in mostly their correct positions. If it pisses strikers off then so be it but Robins shouldn't have signed so many if we only play with one.

oucho

My money's on a home win. PUSB!!!!

smileycov

Facebook User
O'Brien
Grimmer Willis Davies Mason
Bayliss Ogogo Kelly
Andreu
Biamou Ponti

2-1 First win... and away we go

Ashdown

Now, question is, should me and t'other half use our second ticket off the 6 match package for this one or wait a couple of games till manager and team know what the feck they are doing ?!

Mr Panda

I hope Allassani gets a chance on the bench this weekend. We definitely need options on that left hand side.

edgy

We played reasonably well against Scunny and so I'd revert to something similar to that line up. We were only finishing away from winning that game, whilst playing decent football.

Burge
Doyle Ogogo
Baylis Andreu Hiwula
Biamou

smileycov

Facebook User
We played reasonably well against Scunny and so I'd revert to something similar to that line up. We were only finishing away from winning that game, whilst playing decent football.

Burge
Doyle Ogogo
Baylis Andreu Hiwula
Biamou
yes, this looks better. though i would be tempted with kelly for doyle hiwula up top and allassani out wide maybe?

edgy

Agree but Kelly has had no minutes, and Allassani as a lone striker in the u23s.

I thought Jones looked like he would be involved last night on the training photos. He's another one that will need easing in.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Our best players and a good formation do not go together.

I think we have to play Bayliss, Andreu, Ogogo, Biamou, and one of our new strikers. Pick a formation with those players and it is almost impossible without putting someone out of position.

Robins probably wanted to sell Burge but couldn't, so guess LOB will play.

clint van damme

I think we have to play Bayliss, Andreu, Ogogo, Biamou, and one of our new strikers. Pick a formation with those players and it is almost impossible without putting someone out of position.

I think that's right. Though would say that from what I've seen of him (which is admittedly very little) that Andreu may be one of our 'best' players that needs sacrificing.

Liquid Gold

keeper
back 4
-----Doyle
Bayliss - Ogogo
-----Andreu
Biamou - Hiwula

Is the best I can do but then you've got the dreaded diamond.

Grendel

He’s pretty much admitted Doyle virtually picks himself and he’ll play Andreu so that kind of sets up the formation

willz121

Will never happen, but as a few others have suggested a 4-4-1-1 could suit. My only issue with the team I've picked is that Ponticelli will be scapegoated if we don't score, and may dent his confidence.

O'Brien
Sterling Willis Davies Brown
Bayliss Ogogo Doyle Shipley
Andreu
Ponticelli

pusbccfc

I think we have just a much of a clue who's playing as Robins.

chiefdave

Discuss the Coventry City vs Plymouth Argyle match, tactics and predictions
Hope Robins has a discussion about tactics with the team before the match as they don't seem to sure what they're supposed to be doing.

cc84cov

Burge
Grimmer Davis Willis brown
Bayliss Doyle Ogogo Shipley
Biamou Hiwula

But probably

LOB
sterling Willis Davis mason
Ogogo Doyle
Baylis Andreu Hiwula
Bakayoko

SlowerThanPlatt

Why does Doyle pick himself though? For me at this level regardless if he’s our captain he’s our 4th choice central midfielder behind Ogogo, Bayliss and Kelly

Nick

Administrator
Will never happen, but as a few others have suggested a 4-4-1-1 could suit. My only issue with the team I've picked is that Ponticelli will be scapegoated if we don't score, and may dent his confidence.

O'Brien
Sterling Willis Davies Brown
Bayliss Ogogo Doyle Shipley
Andreu
Ponticelli

The way we play doesn't suit that, every time Doyle just aimlessly punts forward or every goal kick it would just come straight back at us.

willz121

The way we play doesn't suit that, every time Doyle just aimlessly punts forward or every goal kick it would just come straight back at us.

Cannot argue with you there at all. I'd love to see the ball played short from goal kicks, the ball played into feet for Bayliss, Shipley and Andreu to drive forward with, but I just can't ever see it happening. Robins said last night he wants us to be an attacking side, but I have no idea how he thinks we can generate attacks from bypassing our key players.

Mucca Mad Boys

We should probably return to a 4-4-2 for this game, something like:

Sterling Davies Hyam Mason
Bayliss Andreu Ogogo Shipley
JCH Hiwula

I feel like we’ve deviated too much from what was successful at the tail end of last season. The only problem with a 4-4-2 is that fitting in Andreu is tougher. I’ve been working away so have missed all the games, but I get the impression that Doyle seems behind the pace at CM, so that’s why I’ve fitted Andreu there. That, and it sounded like Bayliss didn’t have a great game in the middle on Tuesday.

To be frank, I’ll be happy with a score draw here. Prefably a striker getting the goal(s).

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I agree with the reasoning stated already in this thread that bar the scoreline (yes I know it's important) we played well for the most part against Scunthorpe, and if we continue in that vein, we'll win more than we lose, so at home I would keep things similar to that. I do think the issues in the last 2 games is more how Robins sends us out for away games (similar last season in some really, really drab performances).

O'Brien
Sterling Willis Davies Mason
Ogogo Kelly(if fit)/Doyle
Bayliss Andreu Shipley
Bakayoko/Hiwula

I would like to see Ponticelli in a similar role to what Armstrong did for us under Mowbray just to see how he got on in that system, but without the pacey outlets of Kent/Murphy on either flank I don't think it would work.

Covkid1968#

Now, question is, should me and t'other half use our second ticket off the 6 match package for this one or wait a couple of games till manager and team know what the feck they are doing ?!

Exact same situation.....feck it....I'm going.

Gazolba

I would go with Biamou and Ponticelli up front.
Biamou to hold up the ball, win headers, and Ponticelli to buzz around him.
However, I think Robins is stubborn and will persist with the new players he's signed, so I expect Hiwula and Bakayoko to play.
Ponticelli will come on around 75 minutes when we are 2-1 down.

Users who are viewing this thread