Match Thread Coventry City vs Notts County Match Thread - Saturday 12th May (3 Viewers)

lifeskyblue

Last edited:

Modcons86

Heart says
1st leg: 2-0 win
2nd leg: nervy 2-1 loss

Head says
Bottle it at home and scrape a draw away.

Gazolba

When we beat them 3-0 earlier in the season, it was Jones who scored all three goals.
We no longer have Jones, so other people will need to step up.

skybluepm2

Such a difficult 180 minutes to call. Praying that we can take a 2 goal advantage to their place but you just never know with City.

Worst case, as long as we are still only one goal adrift at the halfway point then there’s enough time to claw our way back into the tie.

shmmeee

Some people are really negative aren't they? You might as well all stay at home and not bother coming at this rate

Since about a month ago I’ve been predicting doom and gloom constantly to manage my expectations. It’s working, I’m not stopping now.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Coventry City FC (First Team) v Notts County FC (First Team)
Football League Play Offs Div 3
Referee: Ward, Gavin
Assistant Referee: Rushton, Steven
Assistant Referee: Jones, Matthew
Fourth Official: Haines, Andy

wingy

Gavin Ward seems to resonate in the memory .
Has he been bad or good to us in the past ?

Gazolba

Whatever happens, I'm sure it won't be easy.
We aren't going to thrash them in the first leg and have it easy in the second leg.
I expect Robins to play defensively in both games.
We'll either win by one goal or draw the first leg.
They will score first in the second leg and from that point, it will be a tense, nail-biting struggle.
Will be decided by one goal or penalties. I hope Burge practices facing them.

Last edited:

Sbarcher

Not me. Always respected Mrs Ward and would never hurt her.

Otis

Optimist in me says easy win, pessimist says a loss realist says we're doomed omg hope the optimist wins this one
I am so chilled it's not true.

I see this now as a bonus, having made the playoffs, so am going into the game without apprehension or fear or expectation.

Whatever will be will be.

*We're going to Wemberley.

stevefloyd

I am so chilled it's not true.

I see this now as a bonus, having made the playoffs, so am going into the game without apprehension or fear or expectation.

Whatever will be will be.

*We're going to Wemberley.
I am fearing this game big style to the point I don't want to go but my son is making me go, probably as revenge for turning him into a Cov fan

wingy

Oh no, it's a sign!
Had a look we've only had him once a season .
1-1 draw at Wimbledon last year,3-2 win V Peterborough home year before.
A couple more wins and defeats going back further 3-2 defeat at Swindon in 2014 with 6 bookings but he's unlikely to show a Red from the stats and not rediculous with the yellows over a season either.
So it could be we need to be a match in the dark Arts.

covcity4life

for the checkatrade my gut feeling was a loss but hope for a win

with these playoffs i just cant see us winning a 4 team mini tournament at all

but the hope remains

if i had to predict 3-1 agg loss

lifeskyblue

Personally feel all 4 teams are pretty evenly matched and therefore the team with the mental strength and a bit of luck are likely to get promoted. Doyle could well turn out to be the crucial man (especially if the going gets tough at county).
My fears are we allow ourselves to get bullied and we set up too defensive and fail to adapt as the games progress. Fortune favours the brave so let’s be positive and go out to win with positive attacking football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

Nor an in form McNulty...

We had both against Exeter, Lincoln and Notts County... We lost all 3 games without Jones. That said, considering the 2-1 loss was a bottle job and should've ended as a draw at their place, I think home advantage is good for us. But, if we go into the away leg needing a win, I'm going to be worried.

Otis

We had both against Exeter, Lincoln and Notts County... We lost all 3 games without Jones. That said, considering the 2-1 loss was a bottle job and should've ended as a draw at their place, I think home advantage is good for us. But, if we go into the away leg needing a win, I'm going to be worried.
I'd take that, no problem.

Would quite fancy our chances going there on the back of a draw.

Users who are viewing this thread