Match Thread Coventry City vs. Lincoln City Match Thread - Saturday 21st Dec (6 Viewers)

PVA

Who are the 3 up front?

I mean it's pretty obvious.

Shipley and Westbrooke are playing very far forward and when we have the ball they are forming a 3 with Godden.

Great_Expectations

Remember when everyone was going mental that the mighty Lincoln had beaten us to the signature of Tyler Walker?

I don’t want to curse it, but he’s looked poor so far.

Nick

Administrator
I mean it's pretty obvious.

Shipley and Westbrooke are playing very far forward and when we have the ball they are forming a 3 with Godden.
They are miles from him most of the time, shipley is closer but it's not 3 up front

How many are we getting in the box?

PVA

They are miles from him most of the time, shipley is closer but it's not 3 up front

It's as good as 3-4-3 for me.

Man City only ever play one out and out striker, but they're not actually only playing one up front.

Nick

Administrator
Yes it's either this or 3-4-3, but ZW and JS are playing very advanced roles.

As I say, Man City play one striker but are never accused of 'only playing one up front'.
None of them are near him, their defenders are double marking him but we aren't getting in the space

Great_Expectations

Not sure Godden has touched the ball.

He isn’t suited to playing on his own, even with two advanced midfielders behind him.

Not a Godden hater, but he needs two up front or we need more natural 10’s behind him.

PVA

None of them are near him, their defenders are double marking him but we aren't getting in the space

We must be watching a different game.

When we have the ball one of them is always up alongside/near Godden.

As I type that, Godden comes short and Shipley and Westbrooke both go up front.

And then Westbrooke scores.

clint van damme

We're basically playing 3-4-3, I'm not sure how much more attacking people want us to line up.

OnLy OnE uP fRoNt!!1!

If you think Shipley or Walsh occasionally drifting in behind Godden constitutes more than 1 up front then I think you've overdone the Chtitmas sherry.
That last cross we put in to the box Godden was up against 3, Shipley was outside the 18 yard box being marked

Nick

Administrator
We must be watching a different game.

When we have the ball one of them is always up alongside/near Godden.

As I type that, Godden comes short and Shipley and Westbrooke both go up front.

And then Westbrooke scores.
Westbrooke scored from outside the box, Kelly was more advanced.

It doesn't mean there's 3 up front

Users who are viewing this thread