Match Thread Coventry City vs. Lincoln City Match Thread - Saturday 21st Dec (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City vs. Lincoln City match, tactics and predictions :)

Grendel

Big game need to win

SlowerThanPlatt

They are one of only 5 teams who over the last 10 have worse or equal form to us. They’ve won 2 out of 11 away so this is a game we really should be winning - but even our home form which we have been relying on isn’t play off standard over the last 8.

Grendel

covcity4life

think godden could start. did more than max as a sub on weekend, continues to look to get into goal scoring positions

no_loyalty

Need the 3 points before our mini Christmas break, seems an age since we won in the league.

SkyblueTexan

Anything other than gaining 3 points in this match will deal a huge blow to our playoff aspirations and confidence. It's a must-win.

Sky Blue Harry H

Godden is nowhere near fit enough to start a game.

With you on this Nick. I'd sooner have Max/Hiwula or Max/Baka if we're going 2 up top. Give Godden minutes towards the end if possible, but doesn't look match fit yet.

skyblueinBaku

With you on this Nick. I'd sooner have Max/Hiwula or Max/Baka if we're going 2 up top. Give Godden minutes towards the end if possible, but doesn't look match fit yet.
I've seen posts that reckon Godden is still limping. If they are right, it's not just a question of match fitness, but of being injury free.

Sky Blue Harry H

This but Westbrooke for Shipley which won’t happen as he scored

Shipley has scored a few lately. Westbroole may be a better passer, but Shippers has more goals in him. Nice to have options, as he can take people out of the firing line. Think we will see how useful this is when we play Wycombe and Tranmere in the space of a few days (I'm hoping not having a Boxing Day fixture will help us with that period, too.

SkyBlueDom26

Must win?! Seriously?

There are 24 games left ffs.

I bloody hope we win, but I won't be swinging from the rafters if we don't.

To keep momentum going we need to get a win and get back on track, another loss and that will be 2 wins in the last 8 league games

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

No he didn't?

We looked weaker up front as he didn't hold the ball up.
This really isn't true. Were you there out of interest? His movement was completely different and he was about 1 inch from getting on the end of the only good ball put into the box all game, by Kelly.

ccfchoi87

This really isn't true. Were you there out of interest? His movement was completely different and he was about 1 inch from getting on the end of the only good ball put into the box all game, by Kelly.

Godden definitely made us look more dangerous up top. His runs into the channels at least got us out of our half for brief spells which we hadn’t managed since scoring. Clearly wasn’t fit though.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Got to be going for the win to bounce back. Also reckon we should go two up top.

Marosi
Hyam......Fadz.....Rose
Dabo..........................Mason
Allen.........Kelly........Shipley
Max.....Baka/Hiwula
Subs: Wilson, McCallum, Pask/Drysdale, O'Hare, Westbrooke, Godden, Hiwula/Baka

Would be looking to bring on Westbrooke/O'Hare for Shippers around the hour and most likely Godden for one of Baka/Hiwula as well unless they've got their shooting boots on.

2-1 to us, but nervy as ever as we sit back defending a lead

Users who are viewing this thread