Match Thread Coventry City vs. Lincoln City Match Thread - Saturday 21st Dec (3 Viewers)

Johnnythespider

When this team starts to settle down with everyone coming back from injury and jells together then it's going to get interesting.
Do you not think it should already be interesting, it's December.

Philosorapter

Do you not think it should already be interesting, it's December.

Good question.

I think over the last few games we have been holding our own in the league with position but not pushing forward up the league. With those that are coming back in to the team I do suspect that thing will be on the up again. Might take a few games though for everyone to get use to each other's playing styles etc.

Great_Expectations

I don’t like one up front, nobody does. But let’s add context it isn’t a completely isolated 1, he has up attacking midfielders behind him. As per my earlier post, they aren’t natural 10’s, but there role is to be attacking today.

However, as I type we punt a stupid long ball to Godden....

Grendel

Good clean strike from Shipley just over

Great_Expectations

Just realised their striker - Walker - is the one who rejected us in the summer (if I remember the events correctly?).

Good, five minutes in and he looks shit. Didn’t want him anyway, next.

Grendel

Confident start from McCallum; the Liverpool rumours have obviously gone to his head. It’s clearly all a tactical ploy from MR!

McCallum is fine on the ball and moving forward it’s his defending that’s not great

Great_Expectations

Lincoln are trying to play out from the back, but their centre backs are absolutely not footballers and we are doing a good job of exploiting and pressuring that.

PVA

We're basically playing 3-4-3, I'm not sure how much more attacking people want us to line up.

OnLy OnE uP fRoNt!!1!

Grendel

Fortunately Lincoln look to lack any ambition so its turgid but I think we will win

Users who are viewing this thread