Match Thread Coventry City vs. Gillingham Match Thread - Saturday 2nd Feb (1 Viewer)

Grendel

A win would have been a real bonus but people need to get real. This squad and this manager have relegation written all over it.

I think we’ll limp over the line but we need a new direction in the summer

Adge

People quite rightly have hung Chaplin out to dry for the sitters/missed chances, so on that basis Baka to receive the same treatment.

Brighton Sky Blue

Points dropped from in front:

Gillingham 4
Walsall 3
Scunny 3
Peterborough 1

Points reclaimed from behind:

Charlton 3
AFC Wimbledon 1
Accrington 1

Gazolba

If we had a better manager, I'm convinced we'd be near the play-offs.
Some shocking decisions (recruitment, line-ups, tactics and substitutions) by Robins this season.

pusbccfc

Thousands given free tickets and did not turn up.

Part of the problem.

Philosorapter

Form for the last two play-off places are really starting to drop.

They were on (1630) ish just before Christmas.

IMG_2814.PNG

NortonSkyBlue

Disjointed performance, should have won, could have lost. Something is wrong for sure.
Meyler looked okay but why give him the captaincy if he was only going do an hour?
Westbrooke is a tidy player but offers little, the forwards are devoid of confidence and Robins is using up the goodwill each week now.

SKYBLUES90

Annoys the hell out of me that Robins insists on bringing a striker on and putting Hiwula out on the left.

We’re at home playing one up front!

Also what is with the constant need to play backwards, a few times we were nearly caught out playing it back when there was at least 2 other options going forward. Willis was under no real pressure to play that back to Burge for the pen.

Not a lot that Robins can do about missed chances but we went one up and almost looked like we wanted to hold out til the end

hill83

Ian on the radio offering someone out at the Wheatsheaf, the amount of fights that potentially happen there is astronomical.

I'll never forget the perfectly thrown pint that went directly through a bus window from the car park there. Full pint, stayed upright the entire way and none of it spilled until it hit the window.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Funny how the chap from Chelsea who hasn’t played a competitive men’s league match is picked ahead of Westbrook.

Because I was looking for a pacy wide player, which Wakefield supposedly is. Westbrooke isn't. Or would you prefer yet another player playing out wide who isn't comfortable there, putting a weakness into the team and negating most of Westbrooke's qualities?

I couldn't put him in Bright's position because I wanted that position to be running towards the opposition or moving up as a second striker, again not Westbrooke's game.

Plus I reckon Wakefield and Sterling may have played/trained together at Chelsea so be familiar with each other and Wakefield can apparently play RB allowing Sterling to overlap/interchange and add a bit of variety.

Westbrooke is SO experienced with 4 senior appearances, 2 of which are starts.

It might seem harsh as Westbrooke has done quite well and I've said Wakefield would've been a risk. But I pick players that fit into the system, not pick the players and shoehorn them in - that never works.

Users who are viewing this thread