Match Thread Coventry City vs. Gillingham Match Thread - Saturday 2nd Feb (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Just need Chaplin or Hiwula to bury a chance and get their confidence up. If we score early we should win comfortably. Hope the big crowd gets behind the team.

Nick

Administrator
My only worry is their big striker and set pieces. Can see our defence crumbling at the first bit of pressure.

Nick

Administrator
With any luck! In all seriousness though, I don't think I've left out anyone who is likely to score. Possibly Hiwula but he missed two sitters on Saturday and is not a winger.
You have left sterling and Thomas out...

ccfchoi87

Considering sterling setup our best chances I'd say they are more likely to contribute to goals.

Fair enough and I probably would include them if they were ours. I think Thomas could do with a rest tbh he's not as lively as he was towards the end of last year.

fernandopartridge

I wouldn't change the team aside from if Willis / Bayliss are fit again, we keep creating chances. If we bring in Doyle we'll go back to creating nothing.

covcity4life

Just need Chaplin or Hiwula to bury a chance and get their confidence up. If we score early we should win comfortably. Hope the big crowd gets behind the team.
We havnt won a gamw comfortably all season have we?

Agree we just need to score from an attacking POV but our dwfence needs to shape up too.

We gotta get a win sometime. No better time for it than community day

fernandopartridge

We havnt won a gamw comfortably all season have we?

Agree we just need to score from an attacking POV but our dwfence needs to shape up too.

We gotta get a win sometime. No better time for it than community day

No, we've not, but earlier on this season we weren't creating anywhere near as much as we have been of late. We just need a goal from open play to calm ourselves down.

ceetee

With any luck! In all seriousness though, I don't think I've left out anyone who is likely to score. Possibly Hiwula but he missed two sitters on Saturday and is not a winger.
"...missed two sitters"... is a bit strong. Perhaps he could have done better but both were on target and drew saves from the GK.

You have included JCH who had two golden chances and headed both wide

pusbccfc

Attendance 23,500.

Actual number of people in the Ricoh, 17,100.

ccfchoi87

"...missed two sitters"... is a bit strong. Perhaps he could have done better but both were on target and drew saves from the GK.

You have included JCH who had two golden chances and headed both wide

Fair enough I just think JCH offers something more. Hiwula needs to score to be effective but JCH contributes a bit of physicality. He did well in a cameo at Wycombe and totally transformed us at Scunthorpe.

Team and formation I would pick for Saturday 4-3-3 bearing in mind Chaplin needs help upfront.

Burge
Sterling Davies Willis (if fit) Mason
Thomas Kelly Hiwula
Chaplin
JCH Bakayoko

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Community day - big crowd = poor performance and heavy defeat. Can see this being the day the fans lose patience and a pretty horrific atmosphere by the end.

Team:
_________________Burge
Sterling___Hyam_____Willis/Davies____Mason
Thomas__Kelly___Bayliss/Westbrooke___Enobakhare
____________N.E.1_____A.N.Other

Not overly sure about Bright in front of Mason so maybe Shipley LM and Bright up front?

lordy_87

LB
Sterling Hyam Willis/Davies Brown
Thomas Kelly Doyle Bayliss Hiwula
JCH
Chaplin dropped

johnwillomagic

Hmm I dont think anyone covered themselves in glory last week I think bar no new signings this is what I would go with.

Burge GK
Sterling RB
Brown LB
Willis CB
Davies CB
Kelly CM
Bayliss CM
Thomas RM
Bright LM
JCH ST
Bakayoko ST

Subs: Addai, Mason, Hyam, Doyle, Shipley, Hiwula, Chaplin