Match Thread Coventry City vs. Gillingham Match Thread - Saturday 2nd Feb (1 Viewer)

Covstu

again another game we should have won but failed due to slow attacking and stuttery play. We had the possession but couldn’t calve anything out however their attacks looked a lot more positive despite being infrequent. Shit penalty to give away but sums up our season. Shame we couldn’t again give the tourists a game to keep them here

tom88

Took my daughter to her first game today, she is 3, we sat on the tier in the premier lounge and overall a brilliant day

I was disappointed though by the Chavvy idiots in a box that decided to have a 10 man brawl when I was trying to walk by to the exit with her. Luckily she didn’t take much notice but these selfish drunken idiots ruin other people’s experiences

The old boy that was with them and not involved let us use his box to exit so we didn’t get caught up in it but there could have been a bad accident with her as the stairway there are so steep!

If you are reading this thank you for your help

Brighton Sky Blue

I think we will cobble together the necessary points but this is clearly the best Robins can do and it’s not impressive. Start putting feelers out for the summer, sooner if safety is secured before then

Londonccfcfan

Annoys the hell out of me that Robins insists on bringing a striker on and putting Hiwula out on the left.

We’re at home playing one up front!

Also what is with the constant need to play backwards, a few times we were nearly caught out playing it back when there was at least 2 other options going forward. Willis was under no real pressure to play that back to Burge for the pen.

Not a lot that Robins can do about missed chances but we went one up and almost looked like we wanted to hold out til the end

Yup agreed.

Bakayoko’s miss, how on earth does a professional footballer miss a chance like that

That's pretty bad. But that won't get into Chaplin top 10 misses.

Not many clubs in this league spent £1M transfer fees on 3 strikers. Quite clearly recruitment of strikers has been shocking.

When you think you buy proven year in year out strikers 20 goals a season strikers like James Collins for 250k.

David O'Day

Yup agreed.

That's pretty bad. But that won't get into Chaplin top 10 misses.

Not many clubs in this league spent £1M transfer fees on 3 strikers. Quite clearly recruitment of strikers has been shocking.

When you think you buy proven year in year out strikers 20 goals a season strikers like James Collins for 250k.
James Collins? BINGO !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

WillenhallSkyBlues

When he was available we couldn't afford him ie no transfer fund.
Here's hoping we land him next year when they get promoted and they deem him not good enough for championship.

Fuck Collins, he scored today against Shrewsbury and didn’t celebrate the first and apologised for scoring against them, last two seasons when he’s scored against us, his hometown club he’s ran around the pitch like he’s won the lottery

David O'Day

When he was available we couldn't afford him ie no transfer fund.
Here's hoping we land him next year when they get promoted and they deem him not good enough for championship.
I need him for a full house

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ashdown

Sitting behind our dug out today you can see that our young players are having to keep ask Robins what to do at throw ins and free kicks......he's stifling them !

Londonccfcfan

Fuck Collins, he scored today against Shrewsbury and didn’t celebrate the first and apologised for scoring against them, last two seasons when he’s scored against us, his hometown club he’s ran around the pitch like he’s won the lottery

Don't give a flying fuck. If he joins us next year and scores 20 plus goals and we win the league. Just crying out for finisher! There's plenty out there.

larry_david

Was not nervous at all last 10. That's how little Gillingham threatened. And yet we've gifted them a howler of a pen. Willis, that was criminal. Absolutely criminal. Just boot it away. Why didn't mccallum shout man on? Urgh

fernandopartridge

The ending was obviously incredibly frustrating, but I’m really not sure how that equates to relegation fodder or a team destined for the drop.

We aren’t getting outplayed, we aren’t getting battered, we aren’t even getting dominated every week, we let ourselves down with missed chances and individual errors.

Christ, imagine the reaction if we lost today.

I’ve seen us in much worse situations than we are in now. I appreciate ultimately it’s all about the wins, but we’re by no means a million miles from that. Our issues can be rectified.
It equates to relegation fodder because we're playing ok on the face of it yet losing, a downturn in performance which will happen only makes things worse

Ashdown

Really enjoyed yesterday, chance to catch up with a couple of old mates briefly, bargain price at a tenner each, loved how good the Ricoh can look with fans all round the ground. Shame a lot of the spend would have gone to the stadium owners, however it does also give them a reminder as to the value of having CCFC in situ. Shame about that calamitous pen but I half expected it........Oh and a decent curry after on the Longford Road and then a train home straight from the Ricoh.
Thanks CCFC for attracting us to the day with the giveaway prices !

pusbccfc

Took my daughter to her first game today, she is 3, we sat on the tier in the premier lounge and overall a brilliant day

I was disappointed though by the Chavvy idiots in a box that decided to have a 10 man brawl when I was trying to walk by to the exit with her. Luckily she didn’t take much notice but these selfish drunken idiots ruin other people’s experiences

The old boy that was with them and not involved let us use his box to exit so we didn’t get caught up in it but there could have been a bad accident with her as the stairway there are so steep!

If you are reading this thank you for your help

We were sat in the telegraph stand and saw it happen. Certainly wasn't a 10 man brawl. Was a punch thrown.

Unless this is something else that happened?

Covstu

Really enjoyed yesterday, chance to catch up with a couple of old mates briefly, bargain price at a tenner each, loved how good the Ricoh can look with fans all round the ground. Shame a lot of the spend would have gone to the stadium owners, however it does also give them a reminder as to the value of having CCFC in situ. Shame about that calamitous pen but I half expected it........Oh and a decent curry after on the Longford Road and then a train home straight from the Ricoh.
Thanks CCFC for attracting us to the day with the giveaway prices !
Yep my two had a great day and loved the point when my 5 year old daughter said ‘dad football is so much better when you are here’. Hopefully another convert!

Otis

Yep my two had a great day and loved the point when my 5 year old daughter said ‘dad football is so much better when you are here’. Hopefully another convert!

When you are HERE? Or when YOU are here? Cos the second one deserves an 'aww.'

Philosorapter

Interesting the comparison of ratings for 6th (Play off) place from Boxing Day till now.

Boxing Day -- Now

IMG_2821.PNG IMG_2820.PNG

The teams with a lower rating (bottom 4 etc) have been, on the majority, increasing their ratings as well.

Coventry's rating is still around the same place. There are just fluctuations going on with performance in the league which may, or may not be noticeable if you look at the League table.

Ratings usually go in a sort of a wave cycle. Could be we are just in a deeper trough at the moment waiting for our next lift.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread