Match Thread Coventry City vs Cambridge United Match Thread - Tuesday 30th Jan (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Think Barrett will be benched. Seemed to be our weak link Saturday and seemed to be playing a bit gung ho. Although to be fair I doubt Cambridge will adopt the same wide man tactics that MK did. Kelly also to be rested.

JMD if fit (seen he played today so guessing it was just a rest Saturday?) to come in along with Shipley.

I’d go with the same defence and top two.

skyblueelephant76

Think Barrett will be benched. Seemed to be our weak link Saturday and seemed to be playing a bit gung ho. Although to be fair I doubt Cambridge will adopt the same wide man tactics that MK did. Kelly also to be rested.

JMD if fit (seen he played today so guessing it was just a rest Saturday?) to come in along with Shipley.

I’d go with the same defence and top two.
JMD payed 90mins for the U23s today so I'd be surprised if he's even on the bench. I think Shipley will be back and it will be interesting to see the defence as Davies doesn't deserve to lose his place and is much better in the air than McDonald or Willis which we will need against Cambridge.

Great_Expectations

I’d go:

Burge
Grimmer
Willis
Davies
Stokes
Barratt
Bayliss
Kelly/Doyle
Shipley
Biamou
McNulty

Davies purely for his aerial prowess and Bayliss back in the middle where he can influence the game and drive us forward.

I’d also give Barratt another go, as I think against a L2 defence he could cause some problems.

2-0 up at HT, so I’d give Ponticelli 45 minutes for McNulty (who must be tired after all the running he did on Saturday) and also give Stevenson at least 30 minutes as he looked stronger and more confident during his last few sub appearances.

Mucca Mad Boys

I think we line up with the following:

Burge
Grimmer
Willis
McDonald
Stokes
Bayliss
Kelly/Stevenson - Kelly if still 100% fit
Doyle
Barrett
Biamou
McNulty

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Need to win but they bullied us off the park down at their place with their physical strikers. I do think we will be up for it but will be interesting how the legs last on a few players, Shipley benefitted from a rest and McDonald should still be fresh.

Looking forward to it but after Saturday then as Tiffany said "I think we're alone now" may be the theme for those of us up there, we may have less tonight than on Saturday

Nick

Administrator
I might even up the Biamou bets to £1 a go now instead of 50p.

giphy.gif

Londonccfcfan

M
I’d go:

Burge
Grimmer
Willis
Davies
Stokes
Barratt
Bayliss
Kelly/Doyle
Shipley
Biamou
McNulty

Davies purely for his aerial prowess and Bayliss back in the middle where he can influence the game and drive us forward.

I’d also give Barratt another go, as I think against a L2 defence he could cause some problems.

2-0 up at HT, so I’d give Ponticelli 45 minutes for McNulty (who must be tired after all the running he did on Saturday) and also give Stevenson at least 30 minutes as he looked stronger and more confident during his last few sub appearances.

McNulty and Biamou are in need of a rest the amount of work they have done with no back up in January is phenomenal. It cant continue.

Mucca Mad Boys

Read the telegraph’s preview, they’ve got injuries to key players, including the player that got 2 assists versus us, they’ve struggled to score away of late... so it’s a game we’ll probably lose.

Adge

Back to the bread and butter then. I just hope it’s not a case of “after the Lord Mayors show” and we can maintain the momentum.
It’s a tricky one as we always seem to struggle against the lesser teams this season and we know they will be parking the bus (at a cost of £10!) to frustrate us.
I’m going for 1-0 but can see less than the 7900 odd that went to MKD.

steve82

---------------Burge-------------
Grimmer--Davies--Mcdonald--Stokes
--Bayliss--Doyle--Kelly --Shipley--
---------Biamou----McNulty-------

Subs: O'Brien, Willis, Di Kelly-Evans, Vincenti, Barrett, Beavon, Ponticelli.

1-0 win... just.

Brighton Sky Blue

True...lets hope someone is in pipeline.

Problem is we are also never in a position where we are 2/3 goals up and bring a player off early to rest them. its always so much hard bloody work till the 96th Minute!

As a last resort we can chuck in Ponticelli or Kwame to give either a breather. Robins isn't blind, but the best we can afford is kids from the Champs or Prem.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
---------------Burge-------------
Grimmer--Davies--Mcdonald--Stokes
--Bayliss--Doyle--Kelly --Shipley--
---------Biamou----McNulty-------

Subs: O'Brien, Willis, Di Kelly-Evans, Vincenti, Barrett, Beavon, Ponticelli.

1-0 win... just.

Kelly looked a bit rusty for me on Saturday so not sure I’d start him, although robins seemed happy post match, so what do I know :)

I’ll go for a 2-0 victory :D

Biamou to make it a hat trick ;)

W

westcountry_skyblue

Think we will win comfortably they don't score many away and we will want revenge for the reverse fixture.
We will be well up for this going for 5-0 biggest win of the season and Doyle.Biamou,McNulty and a brace from Ponticelli when he comes on after 60 mins!!

Brighton Sky Blue

Think we will win comfortably they don't score many away and we will want revenge for the reverse fixture.
We will be well up for this going for 5-0 biggest win of the season and Doyle.Biamou,McNulty and a brace from Ponticelli when he comes on after 60 mins!!

FM Team talk: 'We owe them revenge for what happened last time out lads, go out there and get it!'

Most players responded positively
Lee Burge seemed confused

clint van damme

couple of games with those around us playing each other tonight as well.

I'd like a draw in Lincoln v Newport and Luton to beat Wycombe.

Users who are viewing this thread