Match Thread Coventry City vs Cambridge United Match Thread - Tuesday 30th Jan (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City vs Cambridge United match, tactics and predictions :)

Londonccfcfan

Massive game. Players need to be on it and focussed on the bread and butter.

The atmosphere won’t be great, as only die hard 7k will be there.

Cambridge are no mugs. Were 3 nil up at Notts county few weeks ago before they ended up drawing. They not playing too badly, they have had a long rest since their last game. So will be fresh and up for it.

We played them off the pitch and lost at their place.

3-1 Coventry, Kelly,Bayliss and Shipley.

I’m hoping for lots of negative predictions please.

Otis

Massive game. Players need to be on it and focussed on the bread and butter.

The atmosphere won’t be great, as only die hard 7k will be there.

Cambridge are no mugs. Were 3 nil up at Notts county few weeks ago before they ended up drawing. They not playing too badly, they have had a long rest since their last game. So will be fresh and up for it.

We played them off the pitch and lost at their place.

3-1 Coventry, Kelly,Bayliss and Shipley.

I’m hoping for lots of negative predictions please.
It is a massive game. Like Robins says, every game now is like a cup final.

Could be third with a win.

So, so important to bag another 3 points here and on paper it looks good. We have an excellent defence and Cambridge really struggle to score. Just 27 goals in 28 matches.

We have to fancy our chances.

Londonccfcfan

In case no one's noticed..after every fa cup tie we have lost the following league match.
Maidenhead. We lost to Mansfield
Boreham W . We lost to Morecambe
Stoke...We lost to Exeter.

We need this to change after MK Dons.
Draw wouldn't be enough.

Otis

In case no one's noticed..after every fa cup tie we have lost the following league match.
Maidenhead. We lost to Mansfield
Boreham W . We lost to Morecambe
Stoke...We lost to Exeter.

We need this to change after MK Dons.
Draw wouldn't be enough.
Yeah, but now boosted by McDonald's return and Kelly and Vincenti back in the fold too.

steve82

Doyle limped onto the team bus, Tuesday may be too soon but then it's Doyle so he will play.

Ibehre hasn't featured in the last 3 games for Cambridge or January for that matter so I don't expect to see him.

Cambridge top goal scorer with 9 goals uche Ikpeazu is fit however and will be a handful for sure.

covmark

Massive game that we desperately need 3 pts from. I'm going for a nervy 1-0.
Biamou to score for the 3rd game in a row.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mcbean

We need everyone to be 12th man - Tuesday - cant wait - fuckin work in the way aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

Tommo72

Score draw for me, they are an awkward team and we struggled with their physical approach earlier in the season.

Sky Blue Harry H

Score draw for me, they are an awkward team and we struggled with their physical approach earlier in the season.

Bit concerned you might be right. Never liked Shaun Derry, and hoping we don't get outmuscled after the weekend's exertions. First goal will be really important re: atmosphere. Fingers crossed.

The Reverend Skyblue

We played so well in the game at Cambridge second half we were superb but still managed to lose.
As someone has pointed out each time we've won in the cup we ball s it up the next league game.
We've lost to some dross at home, FGR and others so I'm praying we can scrape through this with a win.
Come on you mighty skyblues

clint van damme

can we be the team to show that extra bit of consistency and put some daylight between us and the rest? Got to win games like this i it's going to happen.

Covstu

Draw written all over it. Think we will struggle and a bit of a hangover from Saturday but I am hoping I am wrong

Sky Blue Pete

Burge
Grimmer
Willis
Mcdonald
Can see Haynes playing
Bayliss
Kelly
Stevenson
Shipley
Biamou
McNulty

Expect subs to be used

Barrett
Vincente
A n other

Really hope more than 7882 in the crowd but don’t think it will be

2-1 hopefully

Mucca Mad Boys

With our home form of late, I think we really should be winning this game. However, it’s also the kind of game we usually lose, and we’ve just had a tough cup game whilst Cambridge had a week off. Would take the scrappiest of 1-0 wine. But I think we’ll probably draw this one 1-1. I’m looking forward to this though!

Warwickhunt

CCFC will kick us in the bollocks as usual. No consistancy

torchomatic

Unfortunately, I can't get to this. After all the excitement of Saturday too. I'll be glued to my phone though and looking on here.

sb84

anyone know the state of the pitch for tomorrows game? It looked pretty awful at this point last week.

Esoterica

Cambridge's away form is dire - just 2 wins away all season and they have the worst attack in the league scoring 27 goals in 28 games:
camb results.png

They are currently on a 10 game streak without a win on the road:
camb away.png

In terms of their goals for and against they have only scored 9 goals in total away, failing to score in 8 out of 14 games. They have conceded plenty at a rate of 1.79 per game but they have also kept 6 clean sheets (2x 0-1 wins and 4x 0-0 draws). They conceded 5 goals on their last away trip vs FGR:
camb goal stats.png

The timings of their goals conceded is also interesting - a huge amount in the last 15 minute of both halves, particularly at the end of games:
camb goals conceded.png

They have also not scored an equaliser all season away from home. Against the top 10 sides this year, home and away, they have P11, W1, D4, L6 GF 8 GA 21. No need to remind you who the 1 win was!
They've lost their main centre back and captain Leon Legge to a shoulder injury and are in the loan market for a new defender having played an 18 year old Harry Darling at the back in the last 2 games, who has spent this season on loan at 7th tier Royston.
With our home form everything points to a comfortable win but we've been poor immediately after Cup matches this season, played a tough weekend game while Cambridge were free and who knows what state the Ricoh pitch is in. Throw in the pressure of potentially reclaiming an Autos spot and this game could just as easily be 0-0 as 3-0.

torchomatic

You wont be the only one, Pretty much like 4 of the 8k wont make it either.

To be fair I am a STH so would normally be there...can't speak for the other 4K.

ccfcricoh

next 4 games - we lost 3 and drew one in first round of fixtures - so hopefully turn that fortune around!

If we want to cement playoffs and push for autos - not much else than a win Tuesday and Saturday to give us a but more leeway for the tougher Accrington and Luton games coming up will be acceptable.

I'm going for a scrappy 1-0 win (Penalty)

Users who are viewing this thread