Match Thread Coventry City vs Cambridge United Match Thread - Tuesday 30th Jan (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Robins said Davies should be back by tomorrow, get him in there for the physicality of it. It would be a shame to drop McDonald though.

Maguire Drew is playing for the U23's today so it will probably be Barrett again, will be interesting to see him on a shit pitch against a League 2 team.

Esoterica

Robins said Davies should be back by tomorrow, get him in there for the physicality of it. It would be a shame to drop McDonald though.

Maguire Drew is playing for the U23's today so it will probably be Barrett again, will be interesting to see him on a shit pitch against a League 2 team.
Willis was limping off too in one of the post-MK celebration vids i watched.

Nick

Administrator
Willis was limping off too in one of the post-MK celebration vids i watched.

Guess he could put him in there, but then we lose a bit of pace at the back. Cambridge weren't that fast up front last game just big and strong.

superskyblue

Ibehre hasn't featured in the last 3 games for Cambridge or January for that matter so I don't expect to see him.

Think he's been suspended but should be available for tomorrow night. He was too much for Willis and Rod at their place. Similar style to Akinfenwa.

Great_Expectations

Actually feeling pretty confident for tomorrow. After Saturday the team should be on a real high and hopefully we play to our potential and attack the opposition.

My only concern is fatigue - they all worked really hard on Saturday, so hopefully we don’t have a hangover from that. Especially on a big and potentially muddy pitch.

I still think we’ll win though: 3-0, Biamou, McNulty, Barratt.

Esoterica

Actually feeling pretty confident for tomorrow. After Saturday the team should be on a real high and hopefully we play to our potential and attack the opposition.

My only concern is fatigue - they all worked really hard on Saturday, so hopefully we don’t have a hangover from that. Especially on a big and potentially muddy pitch.

I still think we’ll win though: 3-0, Biamou, McNulty, Barratt.
Wouldn't be inconceivable to see Shipley come back in for Barratt, Kelly can play DM if Doyle has a knock, Bayliss go back central and Vincenti come back on the right for his height. That's a fairly fresh midfield 4.
Can give Ponticelli a run for whichever of McNulty or Biamou start flagging after 60 minutes when we're already 3-0 up and use the other 2 subs as required!

Otis

next 4 games - we lost 3 and drew one in first round of fixtures - so hopefully turn that fortune around!

If we want to cement playoffs and push for autos - not much else than a win Tuesday and Saturday to give us a but more leeway for the tougher Accrington and Luton games coming up will be acceptable.

I'm going for a scrappy 1-0 win (Penalty)
Remember though, the Luton game will have to be rearranged. It's the FA Cup weekend.

ccfcricoh

Remember though, the Luton game will have to be rearranged. It's the FA Cup weekend.
Very true and could be a bonus that game on a Tuesday night with less away fans!

Still think it needs to be a couple of wins on the bounce if we're serious...

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Y
Wouldn't be inconceivable to see Shipley come back in for Barratt, Kelly can play DM if Doyle has a knock, Bayliss go back central and Vincenti come back on the right for his height. That's a fairly fresh midfield 4.
Can give Ponticelli a run for whichever of McNulty or Biamou start flagging after 60 minutes when we're already 3-0 up and use the other 2 subs as required!
Ypur optimistic. 3 nil!

I agree I can see Shipley in for Barratt.

And i can alse see Vincenti getting some game time as sub too.

He had a good game against them last time we played.

His height will help, dont see dion coming on as sub in this game. Horses for courses.

Burge
Stokes
Willis
McDonald
Grimmer
Shipley
Doyle
Kelly
Bayliss
Biamou
McNulty

Subs used will be Barratt, JP and Vincenti.

Davies, Stevensen, Dion k E, Obrian.

Londonccfcfan

Very true and could be a bonus that game on a Tuesday night with less away fans!

Still think it needs to be a couple of wins on the bounce if we're serious...

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
Think Luton will bring 2 to 3 k wont matter too much if its a Tuesday evening game. Its just an hour up the M1/M6, and its also their first visit to the Ricoh?

Cambridge might bring a few as its their first visit also?

Sky Blue Harry H

Think Luton will bring 2 to 3 k wont matter too much if its a Tuesday evening game. Its just an hour up the M1/M6, and its also their first visit to the Ricoh?

If Cambridge bring more than 250, I'll buy you a pie at half time.

Cranfield Sky Blue

I'm pretty certain it's not Luton's first trip to Mecca? I'm sure we played them on a Tuesday night? But that's all I can remember! Amstel anybody?

steve82

I'm pretty certain it's not Luton's first trip to Mecca? I'm sure we played them on a Tuesday night? But that's all I can remember! Amstel anybody?

Correct Ive attended a Tuesday night game v Luton. Having checked it was 30th January 2007 we won 1-0 Leon McKenzie with the goal.

Luton have made two visits to the Ricoh and lost both 1-0.

Same again will do!!

eastwoodsdustman

Think he's been suspended but should be available for tomorrow night. He was too much for Willis and Rod at their place. Similar style to Akinfenwa.

It was more to do with the Midfield not dropping off in front of the 2 strikes to stop them that caused the problems. By the time they'd realised and rectified it at half time we were 2-0 down and the game was lost.

mds

Going to be a hard match especially following Saturdays efforts, too little time to fully recover, always want and expect us to win but all things considered would be happy to take a point, anything but a defeat.
2-0 City.
No idea but at least Wasps were away this weekend (lost 66-7 :joyful:) so they haven't done anymore damage.
Yeah they have bwhahahahahaaaaaa

Londonccfcfan

I hope Newport and Lincoln draw and Luton beat Wycombe. That means a win would put us 3rd
And Swindon lose to Stevenage. Or at least Draw.

Swindon are looking very very strong, I think they will finish above, Accrington , Lincoln, Exeter and possibly Wycombe.

Londonccfcfan

Even a draw will see us down two places to 9th! If Swindon win and either of Newport or Lincoln win.

Exeter play at home vs Forest Green on Wednesday so I expect they will win that.

Forest Green playing on Wednesday night? may give us a slight edge for our game on Saturday against them. clutching at straws.

johnwillomagic

I think Robins may make a few changes - I think Willis not really had a rest so would put him on the bench and go with Davies and Macdonald at the back.
I think Shipley could come in for Barratt - think they will be only two changes.

Burge GK
Grimmer RB
Stokes LB
Davies CB
MacDonald CB
Shipley LM
Doyle CM
Kelly CM
Bayliss RM
BIamou ST
McNulty ST

Subs: O'Brien, Willis, DKE, Stevenson, Vincenti, Barrett, Ponticelli

He vould make more changes but cannot see it myself - we will see!

Esoterica

Y

Ypur optimistic. 3 nil!

I agree I can see Shipley in for Barratt.

And i can alse see Vincenti getting some game time as sub too.

He had a good game against them last time we played.

His height will help, dont see dion coming on as sub in this game. Horses for courses.

Burge
Stokes
Willis
McDonald
Grimmer
Shipley
Doyle
Kelly
Bayliss
Biamou
McNulty

Subs used will be Barratt, JP and Vincenti.

Davies, Stevensen, Dion k E, Obrian.
Tongue in cheek on the scoreline but score first at home against Cambridge and you win. Also was based on Kelly starting for Doyle which will unlock our whole attacking play and see us score 4 for the first time this season.

Users who are viewing this thread