Match Thread Coventry City vs. Burton Albion Match Thread - Friday 8th Mar (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBri

I really do get Robins at times like last night playing one isolated stricker surrounded by at leat 3 defenders what is he supposed to do. Then we are losing NO Plan B has someone else refered to the Man U game took off a defended put on a young attacking player and went for it, Why did'nt we try 3 at the back push 2 attackers up front and a least give it a go, we may still lose having only 10 men but at least it would have been exciting to watch.

dazed&confused

We were piss-poor last night.

Right from the kick-off the entire team looked lethargic; there was no movement by the forwards; the effort involved in controlling a simple pass was beyond most of them; longer passes went astray; Kelly never got into game; Thomas was Thomas at his worst, repeatedly running into dead ends; Hiwula and Bakayoko were a waste of space, and Burge, well what can you say about that? Sterling – who I normally really rate - was one of the worst culprits, and while Enobakhare occasionally rose above the dross, he eventually lost the will to live and got himself sent off. He knew what he’d done for that second yellow, and that’s why he stayed down for a while feigning injury and trying to delay the inevitable.

The anti-SISU stuff at the start was the loudest and clearest for the whole of this season, even a good number of the folks in Block 20 appeared to stand up to join the protests. Anyone who was there last night and doesn’t recognise that, simply has another agenda.

The continued heckling of Burge by sections of our own fans – certainly not just the Burton fans – was pathetic and embarrassing and doesn’t help anyone; but Robins’ post-match attempt to lay some blame on the crowd for that shower-of-shit performance was also pitiful.

Boo.

Grendel

itsabuzzard

Right from the kick-off the entire team looked lethargic; there was no movement by the forwards; the effort involved in controlling a simple pass was beyond most of them; longer passes went astray; Kelly never got into game; Thomas was Thomas at his worst, repeatedly running into dead ends; Hiwula and Bakayoko were a waste of space, and Burge, well what can you say about that? Sterling – who I normally really rate - was one of the worst culprits, and while Enobakhare occasionally rose above the dross, he eventually lost the will to live and got himself sent off. He knew what he’d done for that second yellow, and that’s why he stayed down for a while feigning injury and trying to delay the inevitable.

The anti-SISU stuff at the start was the loudest and clearest for the whole of this season, even a good number of the folks in Block 20 appeared to stand up to join the protests. Anyone who was there last night and doesn’t recognise that, simply has another agenda.

The continued heckling of Burge by sections of our own fans – certainly not just the Burton fans – was pathetic and embarrassing and doesn’t help anyone; but Robins’ post-match attempt to lay some blame on the crowd for that shower-of-shit performance was also pitiful.

Boo.
You're keen on the semi-colons.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Limey

We started the game very well though, no? Opening 15 mins was excellent. Too much phaffing about on the edge of the 18 yard box was frustrating part.
Anyway, onto Tuesday.

Gazolba

We've known Burge is crap for years, why is anyone surprised? You didn't need a fortune-teller to predict it.

oucho

Just seen their second goal, there’s no way we offer Burge another contract. Get rid ASAP, he is a liability...he’s deluded if he thinks he’s good enough for the Championship.

The key to knowing if he is worth keeping is asking ''does he pass the Tudgay test?'

"What's that then?" I hear you ask. It's the following two questions: 1) if he leaves, would we regret letting him go i.e. see him do really well elsewhere? 2) could we replace him someone better? If the answer to 1 is 'no' and the answer to 2 is 'yes', then no problem getting rid.

As you can imagine, the test is named after Marcus Tudgay and the discussion I had with other fans about whether to release him at the end of his contract in 2015. We extended that summer but when he did nothing the following season and was released, it became clear that he was heading to non league and we could sign better options.

According to the Tudgay Test, Burge is a definite ''release". We could have someone better, no doubt. I don't jump on the anti Burge bandwagon but it's clear there are better keepers out there.

skybluebeast

Yep course. They have been awful for us and potentially putting out actual existence in jeopardy
I think you may have misinterpreted Robins comments then. His comments about the fans was aimed at the Sisu out chants not the idiotic saracstic jeers towards Burge. Therefore your comments about rising together etc is irrelevant like pretty much everything else you comment on.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Boo.
This is one of the best posts I've read for a long time and absolutely spot on .
Ive got a lot of time for Robins' post match talks but I took umbridge at his comments about our supporters. Jeering Burge yes but about our owners , no.
That chanting was as loud and as angry as I've heard for a very long time. Our very survival is at stake and all we as supporters have are our voices. Don't blame us for this performance, Mr Robins.

itsabuzzard

This is one of the best posts I've read for a long time and absolutely spot on .
Ive got a lot of time for Robins' post match talks but I took umbridge at his comments about our supporters. Jeering Burge yes but about our owners , no.
That chanting was as loud and as angry as I've heard for a very long time. Our very survival is at stake and all we as supporters have are our voices. Don't blame us for this performance, Mr Robins.
Get a room! Umbrage.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

withnail

We lost that game because of Enobakhare,
Burge was one of our best players in the first hslf of the season, he’s a decent keeper who should be getting better steadily but now his confidence has gone.
Robbo’s not the kind of manager who’s going to help with that and build him back up...kelly’s lazy back pass didn’t help either.
Maybe he needs to go to get back on track, good luck to him.

Sky Blue Pete

Did you guys see Heaton kick for Liverpool’s third goal and his rush off the line for the fourth? Also Burnley’s first. Bet their fans were booing them both naaaaaaat!!

Users who are viewing this thread