Match Thread Coventry City vs. Burton Albion Match Thread - Friday 8th Mar (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

First half there was. Much louder than recent games. Stand up if you hate sisu had loads of people on their feet.

Yeah, outstanding rendition of 'stand up if you hate SISU' but that should affect the players one bit.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Some bloke trying to sell coke by the train station. Bloke tells the police. Police follow him for about one minute then give up and turn back.

About as pathetic as our performance.

Think I seen the same guy. Tried talking to two young girls who clearly were a little weirded out by him! Be surprised if he had any coke left; looked like he’d taken most of it himself!

eastwoodsdustman

Wonder who it was that brought tickets behind the dugout to shout whatever was being shouted?

Guess they were the same folk responsible for banner?
It wouldn’t surprise me if there were ‘plants’ with the sole job of being negative. Who they were working for I don’t know but the one near me had an England rugby jacket on.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Robins letting burhe off hook again. Ref was nowhere bad as much as fans made out

The refs were bad as were the lino’s. Especially in the second half - at least two calls the ref made right (and there weren’t many) were right in front of the lino’s, one main stand side didn’t even flinch, then the one Tesco stand side gave a corner instead of a free kick yet had a better view?

4 of the worst officials I’ve seen this season. Second half ref too card happy and clearly had little man syndrome

sw88

Chief Commentator!
It wouldn’t surprise me if there were ‘plants’ with the sole job of being negative. Who they were working for I don’t know but the one near me had an England rugby jacket on.

the England Rugby team planted him there? This just gets worse!! Leeds have nothing on those guys!! :D

I do agree though it was possibly tactical. Fisher didn’t appear to be in his normal area. Perhaps the club got wise to it when more than normal exec seats were being sold to Joe Public?

SkyblueBazza

I hate to say it...but if you cannot kick (or 8n this case hoof!) A ball clear, you surely ask yourself if footballl is actually the game for you?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ricketts

I thought the ref in the first half was good, by the standards of refs we normally get. Their goal diid look offside from my position, but you have to blame the lino if that proves to be the case.

He did disallow the second goal.

skybluepm2

Yes but people make mistakes. This is League One. You can't expect Gordon Banks, all the players make mistakes. No need to call players cunts for making mistakes

You’re right, let’s just forget about Walsall, Gillingham, Luton and tonight since December, plus the countless fuck ups he made last season and give him a nice big comforting cuddle. Get a grip man.

pusbccfc

Wonder who it was that brought tickets behind the dugout to shout whatever was being shouted?

Guess they were the same folk responsible for banner?

Blokes with the banners sat well away. Saw them move it in the second half.

Great_Expectations

Burge obviously had a shocker and it isn’t the first time we’ve seen it, however Addai is not the answer. We still have an (very) outside hope of play offs, as bad as Burge is, risking a keeper with zero experience and not the best reputation isn’t a great idea.

Fans have a right to express their opinion, as has been said, we are paying customers. However, it’s naive to believe the negativity and targeted criticism doesn’t adversely impact individuals.

I appreciate it often sounds like sour grapes, but even being as objective as I can be, the officials were absolutely atrocious.

Really frustrating night. After about 5/10 minutes, I posted on this thread that it was our game to lose. I didn’t think we’d actually do it.

oucho

Sounds like a disappointing evening. Hopefully others will drop points tomorrow so we don't lose much ground in the race for the top 6. I still have a sneaky feeling we might just sneak 6th.

CCFC54321

I hate to say it...but if you cannot kick (or 8n this case hoof!) A ball clear, you surely ask yourself if footballl is actually the game for you?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
If your referring to Burge then judging by Robins reaction on the touch line then Burge won’t be here next season regardless if he wants to stay. Never seen Robins so angry on the touch line with Burge.

I think it will be in everyone’s interest if Burge does move on next season but I fear that any scouts watching tonight if he is looking to move on will not look again. Lot of angry people in corporate areas tonight with Burges performance.

Highlight of the night was a rendition of the sky blue song with Brandon mason In corporate when he was being interviewed which was funny.

skybluebeast

Have you seen the pitch . No defence for the clearance but and it’s a big but you never play the ball to the your goalie between the sticks basic but hey let’s just slate the only senior keeper at the club
Then why doesn’t Burge move to offer himself?....
Cause he doesn’t read the game maybe? Cause he hasnt got the balls to take responsibility of a situation? He had umpteen chances tonight where he messed up his distribution. Why not take a touch and clear it, especially if you are playing on a bad pitch.

Last edited:

larry_david

Highlights available now on sky. Thomas has to score. Someone blaming Kelly for their 2nd. Firstly Willis sells Kelly up shit creek, Kelly plays it back to burge who doesn't have to adjust his position but for some reason decides to side foot it down the middle through the key of a needle when all he needs to do is welly the fucker to the other side of the pitch.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Think I seen the same guy. Tried talking to two young girls who clearly were a little weirded out by him! Be surprised if he had any coke left; looked like he’d taken most of it himself!

Yeah, light blue jacket.

Shambles of a man, if you call him that. Started bragging about how he'd just got out of prison.

Was very tempted to two foot the prick.

skyblue025

Massive fuck up from Burge, massive fuck up from Thomas. As bad as each other. I can't see either of them being regulars at a higher level than this.

Thought Burge had really come on in the last year or so but now seems to be going backwards. Wonder if he has already signed for someone and his mind isn't on it.
Thomas flatters to decieve, great running with the ball but little end product. He's young so could improve but he's a long way to go.

skyblueeyesrevisited

To summarise
Thomas must have the worst conversion rate in the league. How many one in ones had he f**ked up?
Hiwula couldn’t trap the proverbial bag of cement and offered nothing.
Bright has endless ability but absolutely no football brain. Defo booking for second offence.
Baka’s movement was non existent.
Kelly’s worst game by far.
Don’t get me started in Burge.
Both refs were sh*te

Sky Blue Pete

The refs were bad as were the lino’s. Especially in the second half - at least two calls the ref made right (and there weren’t many) were right in front of the lino’s, one main stand side didn’t even flinch, then the one Tesco stand side gave a corner instead of a free kick yet had a better view?

4 of the worst officials I’ve seen this season. Second half ref too card happy and clearly had little man syndrome
Sounded like he wasn’t a league standard ref and certainly reffed like he wasn’t

Sky Blue Pete

Massive fuck up from Burge, massive fuck up from Thomas. As bad as each other. I can't see either of them being regulars at a higher level than this.

Thought Burge had really come on in the last year or so but now seems to be going backwards. Wonder if he has already signed for someone and his mind isn't on it.
Thomas flatters to decieve, great running with the ball but little end product. He's young so could improve but he's a long way to go.
Thomas has time I think he’ll play regular top of championship. Burge will be fine as a regular professional playing league one or reserve in championship

larry_david

Thing with the sending off is... Now I only listened... Two fouls, two yellows? Not even a warning? Surely that's not fair reffing. I've seen the second yellow it's not like he chopped the bloke down, it's a foul in a non dangerous area. For Burton to do what they did AND the ref to fall for it is a disgrace. I don't know why managers don't come out more and criticise opposition managers for allowing that shit to happen.

letsallsingtogether

I stick up for Burge every week but even I think he had a stinker this week, seemed scared to come out for the ball but in general whole team looked nervous Baka never won a header all game there players were in our faces from the off and we didn't like it.

I was sitting not far from dug out that whole stand in general is far more negative then the main stand.

Grendel

Sounds like a disappointing evening. Hopefully others will drop points tomorrow so we don't lose much ground in the race for the top 6. I still have a sneaky feeling we might just sneak 6th.

Ha ha ha ha

jordan210

Kelly looked like the player he was at the start of last season. Not wanting to make runs and look up and just passing it sideways or back.

Generally a frustrating night with no stand out player.

Users who are viewing this thread