Match Thread Coventry City vs. Burton Albion Match Thread - Friday 8th Mar (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City vs. Burton Albion match, tactics and predictions :)

Philosorapter

Some tables to show the change of performance over the season based upon results.

1.) IMG_3311.PNG 2.) IMG_3312.PNG 3.) IMG_3304.PNG

1. End of the first half of the season.
2. End of the January transfer window.
3. Current performance table based on results.

Philosorapter

Coventry City vs Burton Albion

IMG_3304.PNG IMG_3310.PNG

Coventry City (1514)
Best (1586) on 27 Oct 2018

Win (1527) +13
Draw (1514) +0
Loss (1500) -14

There are 72 rating points separating Coventry from the sixth placed team with 11 games remaining.

shmmeee

Need a win here really to keep the pressure on with the tow above us playing the bottom two the day after.

I’d bring Thomas in for Shipley (assuming he turns up for training) and otherwise keep it the same.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Going to this one.

Stay away from block 20!

giphy.gif

skybluesam66

Coventry City vs Burton Albion

View attachment 11649 View attachment 11650

Coventry City (1514)
Best (1586) on 27 Oct 2018

Win (1527) +13
Draw (1514) +0
Loss (1500) -14

There are 72 rating points separating Coventry from the sixth placed team with 11 games remaining.
Philosorapter

let me guess
if we get into 6th, then we will have more rating points?
if we go down into 10th we will have fewer

how much time are you spending on this?
Either you are a genius, and we are just not clever enough to understand - or you are a complete Fruit cake
I am not sure which

Terry Gibson's perm

No able to attend as I am working away all week and booked next Tuesday off instead.

Will I be able to watch it as it’s a non Saturday 3pm game

Johhny Blue

Philosorapter

let me guess
if we get into 6th, then we will have more rating points?
if we go down into 10th we will have fewer

how much time are you spending on this?
Either you are a genius, and we are just not clever enough to understand - or you are a complete Fruit cake
I am not sure which
I think I know

Gint11

Win this one and we temporary go 2 points behind. Puts lots of pressure on Peterboro and Charlton. Come on city!! Need at least 4 points from the double home fixtures.

larry_david

I thought the rules are 19.45 counts as part of the Saturday/weekend package therefore in UK cannot be on ifollow? Aka the Peterborough game back in Nov or whenever it was

AStonesThrow

Got to hope for a win in this one, keep up the run and the faith.

Head says 1-1, hiwula goal

Heart says 2-1 hiwula and Bakayoko

And a new Ricoh deal to be announced by midnight. Or am I being too optimistic

SkyBlueCRJ

Not sure what's happened to Burton recently but their record over the past 2/3 months has been absolutely dire. It's been every since that absolute drumming by Manchester City actually. A mere 8 goals scored in 11 matches, 4 losses, 6 draws and 1 win against bottom side AFC Wimbledon.

fernandopartridge

I thought Burton looked a decent side when we played them, well organised, pressed us hard. I think their biggest problem is the same as ours, not enough goals.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Not sure what's happened to Burton recently but their record over the past 2/3 months has been absolutely dire. It's been every since that absolute drumming by Manchester City actually. A mere 8 goals scored in 11 matches, 4 losses, 6 draws and 1 win against bottom side AFC Wimbledon.

They’ve Only lost in 2 in last 13 in the league, not many wins but certainly no how to frustrate and draw games which I’m sure they’ll be happy with here.

Hopefully city fly out the blocks and try and get an early goal otherwise it could be a long frustrating evening!

SkyBlueCRJ

They’ve Only lost in 2 in last 13 in the league, not many wins but certainly no how to frustrate and draw games which I’m sure they’ll be happy with here.

Hopefully city fly out the blocks and try and get an early goal otherwise it could be a long frustrating evening!

Yeah suppose it's a bit harsh counting the Man City losses. They definitely seem difficult to break down which will inevitably be a concern for MR. Not the type of team we do well against.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Think it's most likely to be another close scrappy low-scoring game, but at home I'm confident of a win. Quite happy to keep the team unchanged, but bringing Thomas back in wouldn't be a bad option.

Gibbo

I dunno, I thought I'd write something about football. Call me old fashioned. This thread is 19th in the list and I am fed up with the ill in formed speculation on all the other threads. We seem to actually enjoy angsting over the future of the club (over which we have little or no influence) rather than talking about FOOTBALL.
On the basis of how the two teams seem to play (good defences and poor attacks) it going to to be 1-0 or 1-1. We need it more than them, so I expect us to nick an ugly game. I would revert to the Luton line up, Thomas for Shipley. I would love Bemang to get a run as a sub. We need to beat Fleetwood as well to keep the dream alive before the crunch game with Posh

Bova

Could be an interesting night on Friday depending how things develop, if nothing improves though I fear it will be a toxic atmosphere....City to win 3-1 regardless

ccfcrob

Christ almighty a football thread!

Really looking forward to this next 10 days we could be in the playoffs after the Peterborough game.

2-0 Baka and Bayliss

Users who are viewing this thread