Match Thread Coventry City vs. Bolton Wanderers Match Thread - Saturday 8th Feb (2 Viewers)

Grendel

grendel. I have observed for a while, your insecurities resemble the johnson/cummings coup of disenabling any journalists that are pro-european with reporting on the tragedy of brexit. you call for justice and distort the truth. FEAR.

Of course you have. Did you go today?

Mucca Mad Boys

Portsmouth for me, but we'll be there or thereabouts. There are 3 or 4 very good teams in this division, including us. Can't all go up. Big few games coming up the next few weeks.

Agreed, Portsmouth are in a similar position to us atm. As you mentioned, big games upcoming up so I don’t want to get too carried away.

2 pts off of automatics with 2 games in hand, I would take that all day. I don’t care about whether we finish 1st or 2nd!

alfielloyd

grendel, naturally I went today and I will be there on tuesday. I will enter the stadium with optimism and support all those wearing sky blue. FEAR,

Grendel

grendel, naturally I went today and I will be there on tuesday. I will enter the stadium with optimism and support all those wearing sky blue. FEAR,

of course

fellatio_Martinez

The retrospective analysis of real time reactions to the events really show how clever and perfect some people are. Get over yourselves.

This post hasn't aged well...

giphy.gif

Great_Expectations

It’s typical football fan behaviour. I don’t know why people act like we’re the only ones where people get pissed off and vent when we concede/play badly?

I was at a Man City game and one of the fans nears me shouted that they were shite when they conceded and that they needed to stop passing it around at the back. Man City, one of the best teams the country has ever seen.

I was a Spurs game and after 15 minutes the guy in front for me stood up and shouted at Christen Eriksen calling him a “lazy c**t”. This was years ago when he was their best players and they won that game 3-1.

Face it, everyone on here wants us to win football matches and play well and this is a football forum, a place specifically designed to solely talk about Cov. Of course people are going to use it to vent when we’re losing/playing badly. I seriously doubt whoever was calling Robins a prick for not making sub earlier actually thinks that, people just want to vent. Now, I agree that there is a real problem with how far people take it inside the ground and some of the stuff shouted at players is unnecessary and not helping in the slightest, but venting your frustrations on a online message board at the exact moment we concede is just that to most people, a release of said frustration.

I know I’m known on here as one of the more negative posters, call it natural pesimissim born from only ever seeing us struggle in the Championship and League One, but in the stadium you support the boys 100%.

Think most fans are loving the season, enjoying a lot of the football we play, pleasantly surprised at how resilient this young side are and how they come back for the most part... yes we could be run away winners if we put away half the chances we create, and yes we might bring that up at times and might post our view on what was wrong in certain matches... but any realistic fan must be Estatic with mark robins sky blues ( and ady vivash I might add, as I’m sire like most strong double acts he is instrumental in where we are and how we play - if only for bringing in dabo!! )

I love my missus, I love my kids, but I moan at and about the buggers every day. We are human and we are passionate about the things we love

I completely understand that football fans will feel frustrated when things are not going well. This season more than ever as we have one of the strongest squads in the league and should be challenging.

I posted post BCFC that fans should be allowed to vent when others were questioning the (in their opinion) over reactions, so again I get it.

However, my annoyance is wider than one game. Today was just the latest example and epitomises the negativity. There are certain posters who constantly over react, and are constantly critical of players, MR, the club, whatever it may be. They seemingly look for reasons to be negative and any positivity is reluctantly provided or offered alongside a negative.

To take your family analogy; I love my partner and baby, yet I will moan about them (well actually not the baby yet, just the partner!), but when it’s justified and to a limit. I don’t look for reasons to moan nor would I overreact when I do. If I was consistently doing those things, it would tell me I shouldn’t be with her.

Brighton Sky Blue

I completely understand that football fans will feel frustrated when things are not going well. This season more than ever as we have one of the strongest squads in the league and should be challenging.

I posted post BCFC that fans should be allowed to vent when others were questioning the (in their opinion) over reactions, so again I get it.

However, my annoyance is wider than one game. Today was just the latest example and epitomises the negativity. There are certain posters who constantly over react, and are constantly critical of players, MR, the club, whatever it may be. They seemingly look for reasons to be negative and any positivity is reluctantly provided or offered alongside a negative.

To take your family analogy; I love my partner and baby, yet I will moan about them (well actually not the baby yet, just the partner!), but when it’s justified and to a limit. I don’t look for reasons to moan nor would I overreact when I do. If I was consistently doing those things, it would tell me I shouldn’t be with her.

Do you think those people are unhappy when we win?

Ring Of Steel

The family analogy is piss poor, unless these people like to scream at their kids that they are “arrogant pricks” and threaten to stick their wife in a cab so she can “fuck off” when things aren’t going swimmingly.

Brighton Sky Blue

The family analogy is piss poor, unless these people like to scream at their kids that they are “arrogant pricks” and threaten to stick their wife in a cab so she can “fuck off” when things aren’t going swimmingly.

I guess in your case as long as the family portrait was top notch it’d be fine for the missus to be bedding someone else and the kids to be on the run

Ring Of Steel

Do you think those people are unhappy when we win?
Completely irrelevant to what happens during the game, a nonsense response.

The fact is that a fair few people on here showed up what kind of “supporters” they really are- awful.

Nothing wrong with being constructive, but to sit there during a game just berating people & slagging them off on a messageboard (in some cases from inside the ground) is the action of a first class prick who desperately wants to be seen as an “expert”, by telling everyone exactly how and why Robins is a prick and how this guy is shit and why that guy is shit etc. Then to make out “yes but we’re happy we won”- frankly you don’t deserve a team that wins. At least it’s showing up the people that have no clue about football and our club.

Brighton Sky Blue

The fact is that a fair few people on here showed up what kind of “supporters” they really are- awful.

Nothing wrong with being constructive, but to sit there during a game just berating people & slagging them off (in some cases from inside the ground) is the action of a first class prick, and then to make out “yes but we’re happy we won”- frankly you don’t deserve a team that wins. At least it’s showing up the people that have no clue about football and our club.

It isn’t nonsense we all celebrated that winner and your whole schtick is that some want the team to fail in order to prove a point. You asked me for specifics about yesterday’s game, I provided them and for the most part they’re in line with what most others are saying.

I say what I see and have praised our football loads of times during the season. Yesterday was a carbon copy of MK Dons except we got a winner in stoppage time. The last minute winner doesn’t change the whole performance.

Sky Blue Pete

It isn’t nonsense we all celebrated that winner and your whole schtick is that some want the team to fail in order to prove a point. You asked me for specifics about yesterday’s game, I provided them and for the most part they’re in line with what most others are saying.

I say what I see and have praised our football loads of times during the season. Yesterday was a carbon copy of MK Dons except we got a winner in stoppage time. The last minute winner doesn’t change the whole performance.
Course it did!! When they equalised I said at least we’ve got time to get a winner. It’s a different mindset. One sets up hope the other nails pessimism

Brighton Sky Blue

Course it did!! When they equalised I said at least we’ve got time to get a winner. It’s a different mindset. One sets up hope the other nails pessimism

We didn’t look like scoring though Pete. That’s not pessimism it’s just judging the reality on the pitch. Doesn’t mean we were gutted when we scored

SeaSeeEffCee

Nothing wrong with being constructive, but to sit there during a game just berating people & slagging them off on a messageboard (in some cases from inside the ground) is the action of a first class prick who desperately wants to be seen as an “expert”, by telling everyone exactly how and why Robins is a prick and how this guy is shit and why that guy is shit etc. Then to make out “yes but we’re happy we won”- frankly you don’t deserve a team that wins. At least it’s showing up the people that have no clue about football and our club.
For someone who is supposedly a footballing genius and so clearly better than everyone else I don’t think I’ve seen you post anything about the actual football yesterday, just endless posts about how you’re the best fan in the world and know better than everyone else.

Grendel

The retrospective analysis of real time reactions to the events really show how clever and perfect some people are. Get over yourselves.

I think this is mainly coming from the I Follow generation who don’t go to games

It’s interesting that generally these people never comment through games while sitting on their armchairs slurping their cuppa soups and only tend to appear at the end (and generally wouldn’t of the last goal hadn’t gone in)

Fans commenting through the game itself while at it are going to view things more passionately as they are caught up in the atmosphere

Grendel

For someone who is supposedly a footballing genius and so clearly better than everyone else I don’t think I’ve seen you post anything about the actual football yesterday, just endless posts about how you’re the best fan in the world and know better than everyone else.

Exactly - he never does

Brighton Sky Blue

Oh yep absolutely Rose was off form and mcfadzean had to go off with an injury

Plus Dabo was frequently caught cold defensively. They seemed more likely to score during that spell which is why I said as much during the game.

Just commenting on what I saw not hoping for us to lose!

Ring Of Steel

In the time frame between their equaliser and our second did you think we looked more likely to score?
I’ve seen us score plenty of late goals this year, this team never knows when to quit- this is not the CCFC of previous seasons, I knew we’d create at least one last chance before the end, and it was whether we’d take it. We did. Exactly as we have been doing- grinding out a win, a perfect response to a gruelling cup game (as Robins himself said, Brum had an impact), I’m hoping for an improvement on Tuesday cause we’ll need it, yesterday was just fine.

So yes- if you’ve been watching this club this season and focussing on the pitch instead of your phone, you’d know that things happen late with us- loads of games had last minute winners, so I expected something to happen, and just prayed that we’d convert it.

Users who are viewing this thread