Match Thread Coventry City vs Barnet Match Thread - Saturday 10th Mar (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

It's fact you utter drip. Of the 8 teams relegated in 2015 and 2016 only 2 have made it back. That's 25% or 1 in 4.
True but hes also right that any team relegated will expect to bounce back right away

Espexially one of our stature. Leocester managed it easy enough in league 1

Brighton Sky Blue

They didn't really play that much hoofball, when they did go long it was pretty accurate and they got the ball. Judging by that football I don't think they should be at the bottom.

If we can scrape 1-0 wins like that every game I'd be happy but other than the McNulty chance and the goal we didn't really create anything.

We were too scared to shoot from just outside the box.

They also did the crazy idea of not randomly punting the ball right from kick off and having a bit of a dribble. Should've scored from it in the 2nd half and the ease with which they created opportunities in the final third should be a big lesson. Don't get me wrong defensively they were horrendous and their keeper's kicking was even worse than Burge's but going forward it was painful how much more effective they were.

Nick

Administrator
They also did the crazy idea of not randomly punting the ball right from kick off and having a bit of a dribble. Should've scored from it in the 2nd half and the ease with which they created opportunities in the final third should be a big lesson. Don't get me wrong defensively they were horrendous and their keeper's kicking was even worse than Burge's but going forward it was painful how much more effective they were.
They should have scored a couple, they kept opening our defence up easily. Akinde tried a long shot but could have run it for a one on one

Brighton Sky Blue

They should have scored a couple, they kept opening our defence up easily. Akinde tried a long shot but could have run it for a one on one

None of what they did is rocket science, it's just using a bit of common sense. Even if we win the random punt from kick off there's hardly anyone else up to support it and I don't remember us ever threatening anything out of it. Second half today Barnet kick off, run at us and nearly score. Same again when attacking, they just knew where each other would be and passed accurately. Only let down by poor finishing.

Time and time again we gave possession away under no pressure, or stood still waiting to be picked out by wonder passes. People criticised Haynes on throw ins but all of our players were statues marked by 1 or 2 men each, who's he meant to throw it to? What are we doing on the training ground every week?

Otis

See Otis that's what we call a substitution, he didn't change colour and morph into Jordan Shipley organically......
I'm talking about before the substitution and it was probably the fact that he offered nothing in the second half that actually got him substituted.

He disappeared a bit and then got subbed.

Westendlad

I think he thought that if he just waited long enough Barnet would get bored and just walk away, leaving great big spaces for us.
Off topic i know but have you got anything to do with lifts ?.......Got in a lift yesterday at Walsgrave Hospital and your name was there !......Anyway carry on..

Otis

Off topic i know but have you got anything to do with lifts ?.......Got in a lift yesterday at Walsgrave Hospital and your name was there !......Anyway carry on..
Yeah. It's where I am buried.

Couldn't afford a headstone, so had my name engraved into the floor instead.

letsallsingtogether

Again Haynes is the fall guy. Watch and you’ll notice no movement at all. The whole team are so slow to react. It has to be instruction to slow the game down at every opportunity
Yes funny how the team play shit yet it was only Haynes who gets it most of the time, just like the best shot of the game that should have put a hole in the top of the net was saved by Burge but he is shit because he put a few kicks into touch.
All our outfield players couldn't pass to a team mate from 5 yards but that' ok because they are under pressure.........

Otis

I would say overall Burge played well, but Haynes clearly didn't.

I thought Reid, Doyle and McNumpty Paperwork all had decent games. Certainly wasn't the whole team who played badly, just some individuals.

oucho

Yes funny how the team play shit yet it was only Haynes who gets it most of the time, just like the best shot of the game that should have put a hole in the top of the net was saved by Burge but he is shit because he put a few kicks into touch.
All our outfield players couldn't pass to a team mate from 5 yards but that' ok because they are under pressure.........

Have to say I thought that Haynes was particularly poor in a game where none of our players excelled.

BackRoomRummermill

It's fact you utter drip. Of the 8 teams relegated in 2015 and 2016 only 2 have made it back. That's 25% or 1 in 4.

You spout absolute delusional crap

You think you are clever and correct about everything

Your views are actually boring as you never put forward anything , you are like the SNP crotising everyone rather than offering a solution

It’s my opinion

Clueless

BackRoomRummermill

6c2f46e347129557890d079a2d522613.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I was correct then given your response

Another clueless

fernandopartridge

True but hes also right that any team relegated will expect to bounce back right away

Espexially one of our stature. Leocester managed it easy enough in league 1
I have never said that it shouldn't be the expectation. It is my own expectation that we'll have a go. What I'm saying is that it's no foregone conclusion and very difficult.

fernandopartridge

You spout absolute delusional crap

You think you are clever and correct about everything

Your views are actually boring as you never put forward anything , you are like the SNP crotising everyone rather than offering a solution

It’s my opinion

Clueless
Facts rather than assumptions. Facts aren't delusional but assumptions can be.

BackRoomRummermill

I have never said that it shouldn't be the expectation. It is my own expectation that we'll have a go. What I'm saying is that it's no foregone conclusion and very difficult.

Is that the same as not going up ?

Are you Nicola Sturgeons love child ?

What are you saying should we have stroke be promoted or not ?

Go on say it one way or other please

Just to update we are still not in playoffs

Clueless

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Don't think anyone expected us to win every game but at the same time expected more than the hope of scrambling into 7th.

oucho

Will we make playoffs?

Yes.

Cue most people you have ever met telling you they've been to every home game this season and most aways too, despite looking confused when you say "do you know who Chris Stokes is?"

oucho

Is that the same as not going up ?

Are you Nicola Sturgeons love child ?

What are you saying should we have stroke be promoted or not ?

Go on say it one way or other please

Just to update we are still not in playoffs

Clueless
I see you've been on the sauce.

Tommo72

For a set of fans that isn’t used to winning we don’t half over analyse things, fuck me we must have more Football Managers than any other club. 3 pts, could be better, move on, job done and shut the fuck up.

Warwickhunt

Haynes had a really poor game! no more comments!

SkyBlueRuffian

Did you really expect us to be challenging for automatic promotion? If so, why? Is Robins to blame for Jones and Andreu being injured? Are the tactics just about using what he's got?
Well Robins certainly did, he said we are challenging for promotion. All teams have injuries so you cannot blame that. But you can blame Robins for picking 6 defensive players at home and players out of position, Bayliss for example.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Buzzing with the win, pitch is really not helping anyone at the moment. It makes every game a scrap and a grind.

Robins doing a great job, will be a good achievement if we can make play offs considering our best player and marquee summer signing both ended up with season ending injuries early on.

Users who are viewing this thread