Match Thread Coventry City vs Barnet Match Thread - Saturday 10th Mar (6 Viewers)

steve cooper

Barnet seem to be well organised by Wesley, and before today were level with us on the last 6 form table, since Wesley arrived. Plus they are a big strong side, typical of the sort of team we struggle against. Great 3 points today

Grendel

Today was pretty poor and definitely get out of jail stuff.

Whatever Willis’ shortcomings he is is our best centre half. Hyam and McDonald were all over the place.

We played two holding midfielders and played a creating midfielder on the right wing where he clearly is not comfortable.

We played Reid so there was zero point in playing Haynes. Whatever stokes’ limitations surely no one can say Haynes is a better defender.

He got lucky today. If he can get Clarke Harris firing we may just scrape through but it wasn’t good enough today.

dadgad

Well done today, all about the three points.
Not convincing but we are bang average and struggling to get out of a shit league.
Pusb

Covstu

Let’s face it, we were shite today but a wins a win. Complete smash and grab but we were turned over by other sides down the bottom at home playing this bad so I will take this anyday. Still don’t understand the Kelly Doyle defensive pairing, maybe when baker is fully fit and playing the Bayliss can be an option in the middle?

Mucca Mad Boys

Weren’t at the game because I was playing rugby myself. However, results went our way massively, and we’re 8pts off 3rd, a win on Tuesday puts us 5 off and Luton are in disarray. Games like Barnet we typically struggle against, so 3pts is all that matters here.

Brilliant to see JCH score today - he and McNulty seem to have struck up a solid understanding!

torchomatic

What a bloody awful match that was. Lucky to get the win, but at least we got the win.

ccfcway

So a team said to have the best defence in the league allows their opponents (in a home game) to have 21 shots on goal, whilst managing only 8 themselves.

“Said” ?. It’s fact.

This place is bizarre.

Honestly can’t remember in my life winning game to go into play offs or top 6 of any league half way into March !!

torchomatic

hare Lincoln now 7th? They have equal goal difference but have played a game more. And their name begins with an L.

Grendel

hare Lincoln now 7th? They have equal goal difference but have played a game more. And their name begins with an L.

More goals I’d guess.

fernandopartridge

Ok, so if we keep hold of Robins he will improve as a tactical manager, because he seems to struggle with this massively imo?
Did you really expect us to be challenging for automatic promotion? If so, why? Is Robins to blame for Jones and Andreu being injured? Are the tactics just about using what he's got?

torchomatic

stupot07

Let’s face it, we were shite today but a wins a win. Complete smash and grab but we were turned over by other sides down the bottom at home playing this bad so I will take this anyday. Still don’t understand the Kelly Doyle defensive pairing, maybe when baker is fully fit and playing the Bayliss can be an option in the middle?
Competely agree.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Is Dave Bennett pissed?

I'd say so, very slurry!

giphy.gif
drunk

nmp2327

Awful game but great 3 points.

Did I really hear the tannoy at the end announce Haynes has MOTM :woot::woot::woot:

Nick

Administrator
They didn't really play that much hoofball, when they did go long it was pretty accurate and they got the ball. Judging by that football I don't think they should be at the bottom.

If we can scrape 1-0 wins like that every game I'd be happy but other than the McNulty chance and the goal we didn't really create anything.

We were too scared to shoot from just outside the box.

Covstu

They didn't really play that much hoofball, when they did go long it was pretty accurate and they got the ball. Judging by that football I don't think they should be at the bottom.

If we can scrape 1-0 wins like that every game I'd be happy but other than the McNulty chance and the goal we didn't really create anything.

We were too scared to shoot from just outside the box.
No we were more long ball than them. Our players looked a lot smaller than them and got beaten to the ball a lot also

BackRoomRummermill

Did you really expect us to be challenging for automatic promotion? If so, why? Is Robins to blame for Jones and Andreu being injured? Are the tactics just about using what he's got?

I would as well as anyone else with a brain would reasonably assume that those who are relegated from a league above would be challenging for promotion . Are you saying if Southampton get relegated this season they would not be expected to challenge promotion ?

Clueless

covcity4life

Improved performance today. Less hooof more build up. Still dont make enough clear cut chances but got the all important goal at least. Barnet were prettt shite mid you so luton tuesday we need to improve even more

Bayliss despite his talent is not a winger for me. The fact he must know he dont hsbe immense acceleration makes it worse when he declines to make early crosses ehen he does have space

Jch was no existent till his goal, spose thats a positive in a way?

We looked solid all game, few barnet balls.over top could have caused problems if they had bettef attackers

But despite a few negatices it was a alot better to watch today for me. Pep guardiola endorses this cov performance!......a little bit lol

Users who are viewing this thread