Match Thread Coventry City vs Barnet Match Thread - Saturday 10th Mar (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

I would as well as anyone else with a brain would reasonably assume that those who are relegated from a league above would be challenging for promotion . Are you saying if Southampton get relegated this season they would not be expected to challenge promotion ?

Clueless
Because idiots make assumptions.

The trend for teams relegated to this league is that they don't often go straight back up. Add that to us being a team who had been in relegation form since January 2016 (when we fell apart under Mowbray) and hasn't finished in the top 6 for 47 years. Against that reality we're doing OK.

Covstu

Improved performance today. Less hooof more build up. Still dont make enough clear cut chances but got the all important goal at least. Barnet were prettt shite mid you so luton tuesday we need to improve even more

Bayliss despite his talent is not a winger for me. The fact he must know he dont hsbe immense acceleration makes it worse when he declines to make early crosses ehen he does have space

Jch was no existent till his goal, spose thats a positive in a way?

We looked solid all game, few barnet balls.over top could have caused problems if they had bettef attackers

But despite a few negatices it was a alot better to watch today for me. Pep guardiola endorses this cov performance!......a little bit lol
Agree with you on Bayliss, it’s not working out wide but looks very useful going through the middle. I thought Barnet were a decent side today and based on the two games I am surprised they are bottom but the table doesn’t lie I guess.

covcity4life

Good resukts for us bar notts county really

Shame as we reslly need that 3rd spot not playoffs imo

Onto next one. Luton in bsd psrch. If we win we open up 2nd

Skyblueweeman

Was it really? I think you are bullshitting

6c2f46e347129557890d079a2d522613.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Looking at remaining fixtures we have a chance of autos. Gotta get job done vs lesser teams though and get 60ts from luton lincoln and notts county tho

And of course beat teams ob paper thatbwe should. Easier said than done

1 game at a time..

clint van damme

it's all about the three points at this stage of the season. Impressive performances are a bonus.

covcity4life

it's all about the three points at this stage of the season. Impressive performances are a bonus.
Well we havnt had that many impressive performances all season. Would be nice to truly hit a purple patch right about now

Take the draw vs luton but a won could sky rocket confidence

clint van damme

Well we havnt had that many impressive performances all season. Would be nice to truly hit a purple patch right about now

Take the draw vs luton but a won could sky rocket confidence

I'm really hoping from 6 points from the next two games. Silly I know, but I'm in middle of an uncharacteristic bout of optimism.

Skyblueweeman

And 7 from the last nine including two away games, is a good return. Especially with an apparent poor performance today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mcbean

Bought a mate from a club in a higher division to the game - was well impressed with McNulty - i said touch him and you will be no longer a friend

He has real get go MOM by far for me - when he has decent supply and space more goals are on the way - JCH looked breathless and lardy today - mind he didnt get much change from those two big fuckers at the back

But what oh what are we doing at throw ins wasting all the time and giving the ball away - cant work it out - pointless

stevefloyd

Its goals we need we are currently the 7th lowest scoring team in our division good job we are top of the least conceded

Johhny Blue

No it has not , a fluke win managed by a moron . You know nothing and I mean nothing about football . If you believe that , you as a fan have no respect for the club , or any idea what you talk about .

The fact you said that will mean every time YOU post I will reply clueless from now on . well done
What are you, 5?

BackRoomRummermill

Because idiots make assumptions.

The trend for teams relegated to this league is that they don't often go straight back up. Add that to us being a team who had been in relegation form since January 2016 (when we fell apart under Mowbray) and hasn't finished in the top 6 for 47 years. Against that reality we're doing OK.

Absolute made up crap

The assumption that a team relegated gets promotion is 100 per cent of expectation of any fan

You stated to the op they not expect promotion

Clueless and incidentally a fan expecting promotion is not a crime or worthy of criticism so again clueless

Have I burst your bubble yet ?

fernandopartridge

Absolute made up crap

The assumption that a team relegated gets promotion is 100 per cent of expectation of any fan

You stated to the op they not expect promotion

Clueless and incidentally a fan expecting promotion is not a crime or worthy of criticism so again clueless

Have I burst your bubble yet ?

It's fact you utter drip. Of the 8 teams relegated in 2015 and 2016 only 2 have made it back. That's 25% or 1 in 4.

Ricketts

Strange game today. In the first half JCH look anonomous, but as it was the opposite end to us I thought I would wait and see.

Second half he seemed better.

I thought Bayliss had a poor game, a lot of balls given away that led us into problems. I know he is only a kid and playing out of position, but I thought he wouldve been the first sub, amazed when it was Reid, who looked up for it. Hopefully MR knows what he is doing and is saving him for Luton.

I wouldve taken McNulty off too at 80, give Ponticelli a run and save Marcs legs.

However a win is a win, but yet again we got dragged down to their level, aka Newport and FGR.

If they had drawn I couldnt of complained.

Hobo

Let's just worry about the 6 clubs ahead of us
No let them worry about us. They are the ones with positions to lose. Stay in the pack and put your best run together as late as possible.

Otis

Strange game today. In the first half JCH look anonomous, but as it was the opposite end to us I thought I would wait and see.

Second half he seemed better.

I thought Bayliss had a poor game, a lot of balls given away that led us into problems. I know he is only a kid and playing out of position, but I thought he wouldve been the first sub, amazed when it was Reid, who looked up for it. Hopefully MR knows what he is doing and is saving him for Luton.

I wouldve taken McNulty off too at 80, give Ponticelli a run and save Marcs legs.

However a win is a win, but yet again we got dragged down to their level, aka Newport and FGR.

If they had drawn I couldnt of complained.
A draw was probably fair.

We had a little spell of about 10 mins in the first half where we looked decent, but besides that the rest of the half Barnet totally dominated.

Second half Barnet came flying out of the blocks and we were on the back foot for the first 7 or 8 mins or so, but after that we got a foothold, pretty much nullified Barnet past a few potshots at goal and at last started to look threatening ourselves. We then were much more in control.

A draw would have been fair I think.

JCH had a poor game and looked dead on his feet until his goal. I also thought that Kelly had a poor game overall and Doyle was the stronger of the two.

It becomes ever increasingly clear that Bayliss needs to be in the middle and that Doyle and Kelly together nullifies a lot of our threat going forwards.

oucho

A draw was probably fair.

We had a little spell of about 10 mins in the first half where we looked decent, but besides that the rest of the half Barnet totally dominated.

Second half Barnet came flying out of the blocks and we were on the back foot for the first 7 or 8 mins or so, but after that we got a foothold, pretty much nullified Barnet past a few potshots at goal and at last started to look threatening ourselves. We then were much more in control.

A draw would have been fair I think.

JCH had a poor game and looked dead on his feet until his goal. I also thought that Kelly had a poor game overall and Doyle was the stronger of the two.

It becomes ever increasingly clear that Bayliss needs to be in the middle and that Doyle and Kelly together nullifies a lot of our threat going forwards.

My thoughts exactly, although you don't mention Reid who for me was MOM. We were bang average for much of the game, it really didn't show that we're in the PO mix and they're bottom of the Football League, but if we play crap and win then that's a positive. The lad in front of me, who is a well known SBT poster, was going mad all game at JCH and calling for the introduction of Biamou but did acknowledge after the game that if the lad gets the winning goal then he's doing his job....

Otis

My thoughts exactly, although you don't mention Reid who for me was MOM. We were bang average for much of the game, it really didn't show that we're in the PO mix and they're bottom of the Football League, but if we play crap and win then that's a positive. The lad in front of me, who is a well known SBT poster, was going mad all game at JCH and calling for the introduction of Biamou but did acknowledge after the game that if the lad gets the winning goal then he's doing his job....
Yeah, Reid was very good in that first half. Disappeared a bit in the second, but it was a good effort from him.

oucho

Yeah, Reid was very good in that first half. Disappeared a bit in the second, but it was a good effort from him.
See Otis that's what we call a substitution, he didn't change colour and morph into Jordan Shipley organically......

Users who are viewing this thread