Match Thread Coventry City vs. Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Nov (3 Viewers)

larry_david

I count 4 errors in their goal. 4 chances to stop it. 1) the pass from Doyle. 2) hiwulas take attempt 3) brown missing the through ball 4) Davies not clearing. Very poor

SkyBlueCRJ

Looking back at the highlights Davies was largely responsible for their goal. His positioning was bordering on comical. Why was he standing directly behind Brown? If he'd helped mark Zanzala by ensuring he doesn't get the ball on his right foot then Zanzala wouldn't have got a shot away, and even if he had it would've probably been blocked. He really did have a shocker yesterday.

Legia Sky Blue

Exactly. With the benefit of live video, I thought his commentary was spot-on. Unfortunately, not he'd not be so good if you only had radio commentary.

Agreed, and he was absolutely right in the 2nd half by continually pointing out that our defence were too deep, meaning our forwards were too isolated when we had the ball. MIght not be profesional - but its local radio - and I enjoyed listening to an ex CCFC player getting so into the game.

steve82

If he had bullied Willis like he did Davies then you and @steve82 would have posted alot more

Sad but true

You clown, I’ve not posted or been on since before kick off. Thought you’d of done some homework before posting crap.

Just to tidy up tho Davies did have a difficult afternoon without a doubt and had a few bad moments. The Accrington No 9 was a real handful and had him tied up when Davies got in close that would of favoured the ref giving Accrington something if Davies had of offered more of a challenge for him to go down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Skybluefaz

Looking back at the highlights Davies was largely responsible for their goal. His positioning was bordering on comical. Why was he standing directly behind Brown? If he'd helped mark Zanzala by ensuring he doesn't get the ball on his right foot then Zanzala wouldn't have got a shot away, and even if he had it would've probably been blocked. He really did have a shocker yesterday.
Brown and Davies were equally poor defensively for their goal.

SkyBlueCRJ

Brown and Davies were equally poor defensively for their goal.

At least Brown made an attempt at man marking Zanzala. How can you say they were equally at fault when Davies was physically stood behind Brown and made zero attempt at stopping Zanzala getting a shot away?

Sky Blue Pete

Don't think anyone can argue about Davies being poor yesterday.

I thought Davies was poor, Doyle was poor and Hiwula was poor, so considering we had a few players well below par a draw was an excellent result for us.
Yep Willis and Burge and Thomas were excellent.

covcity4life

I have had to force people into being honest about their cult hero Davies.(who I'm a big fan of btw).it Shows my power but sad That it's required. Stop having favourites and judge the players on how they play in future. If someone you like is poor u can say so without it meaning you have betrayed them.

My work here is done

itsabuzzard

I have had to force people into being honest about their cult hero Davies.(who I'm a big fan of btw).it Shows my power but sad That it's required. Stop having favourites and judge the players on how they play in future. If someone you like is poor u can say so without it meaning you have betrayed them.

My work here is done
You're not going are you?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Otis

You're not going are you?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

SkyBlueCRJ

I thought Brown could have cut the pass out and between them they should get a block in.

His attempt at stopping the goal wasn’t perfect either as he made a pretty duff attempt at intercepting the initial pass. However, Davies struggled with his positioning all night and this has highlighted it.

I’m not inferring Brown should be excerpt from blame despite his solid performance on the night. But you can’t ignore the fact that Davies firstly made a pathetic attempt at tackling Zanzala where he completely missed the ball and then proceeded to stand directly behind Brown instead of applying pressure. Not using Davies as a scapegoat as numerous players were involved in the lead up to the goal however in my book thats especially poor from Davies.

Skybluefaz

You can’t ignore the fact that Davies firstly made a pathetic attempt at tackling Zanzala

I'm clearly not, I've said Davies was at fault as well as Brown. You then go on to moan about him covering Brown (standing behind) when positionally that's correct despite you moaning about his positioning. That's before I get on to the use of the word excerpt ...

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Davies and Brown both had chances to prevent the goal but fundamentally, Doyle put a ball into a striker in his own half, two men tight on him with back to the half way line and no-one square for Hiwula to lay it off to or do anything with it unless he was impersonating Messi.
Just like last season, at times, it is the poor decisions that lead to us gifting those goals rather than the opposition actually creating it. If we want to be serious with the play off hopes then you have to remove these from your game, its exactly the plan AS work to.

clint van damme

In my opinion Doyle was more culpable for the goal than anyone else, (though Davis and Brown certainly played their part).
Even if it had been a decent ball I'm not sure what he would have expected Hiwula to do in that position. It was a tired pass so hopefully he'll be rested Saturday and come back fresh against Burton.

SkyBlueCRJ

I'm clearly not, I've said Davies was at fault as well as Brown. You then go on to moan about him covering Brown (standing behind) when positionally that's correct despite you moaning about his positioning. That's before I get on to the use of the word excerpt ...

If you honestly think Davies' positioning was flawless I'd recommend you watch a different sport as you're clearly not getting to grips with it. Watch back the highlights and watch how Davies defines the phrase 'all over the shop'.

Skybluefaz

If you honestly think Davies' positioning was flawless I'd recommend you watch a different sport as you're clearly not getting to grips with it. Watch back the highlights and watch how Davies defines the phrase 'all over the shop'.
I definitely do not think his positioning was flawless. I said in covering Brown he was doing the correct thing. He then failed to close the space to stop the shot. He made errors. That instance of covering Brown was not one of them.

Pleasure to be able to educate you on the art of defending.

Sky Blue Harry H

With all this criticism aimed at the defenders, you need to add in that the forward got a lucky ricochet that fell perfectly for him. Fair play, he worked the defenders for it, but on another day it breaks for us. Move on!

SkyBlueCRJ

I definitely do not think his positioning was flawless. I said in covering Brown he was doing the correct thing. He then failed to close the space to stop the shot. He made errors. That instance of covering Brown was not one of them.

Pleasure to be able to educate you on the art of defending.

Jesus wept. How are you educating when you're wrong? By the time Davies stood behind Brown to 'cover him' (not sure what he was covering unless Zanzala was planning on magically teleporting through Brown) Zanzala had already shifted onto his right.

Plus saying it's not an error is baffling, he was practically a foot from Brown by this point. So please as you're a self-confession tactical genius, explain the benefits of a defender standing a foot behind the other? To me that doesn't qualify as covering your fellow defender it results in blocking Burge's POV and allows Zanzala to get a shot away.

Users who are viewing this thread