Match Thread Coventry City vs. Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Nov (2 Viewers)

lifeskyblue

Did well to keep going to grab the point but like last week showed a lot of naivity in letting Accrington to push us too deep after the break. We never had an outlet ball and when we did get it to JCH he was isolated. Accrington were streetwise and able to bully us (not seen Davies bullied before), con the ref with ‘professional’ play and control the midfield.
We are at our best when we play quick 1 or 2 touch football and we missed Baylis’ ability to travel with the ball.
Can’t see us in the autos but playoffs possible although I think we will finish just outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Happy with the point considering our late goal but once again outplayed 2nd half till they scored. Then we decide to attack. Just silly. Very frustrating

We missed sterling and especially bayliss. Also don't like soon as we scored instead of pushing for 2nd we hardly had possession till full time whistle

6 unbeaten. 2 cup games then let's get back to auto push vs Burton

Pusb

Otis

:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful: You have to admit it was funny when he got up though :joyful::joyful:
Still annoyed me even though he is our own player.

Something we need to stamp out of the game.

I hate rolling around and feigning injury.

Sky Blue Pete

Think Stanley just upped it second half and I have to say they will be right up there at the end of the season no doubt in my mind

Warwickhunt

Think Stanley just upped it second half and I have to say they will be right up there at the end of the season no doubt in my mind
we fell into the same old trap! after a first half where they did not cause us any problems we let our guard down by thinking it will be easy in the 2nd half of the game! What amazes me was that it was identicle to how they played last year against us and they come out in the 2nd half exactly the same as last years games? So why did not Robins tell our lot to press high straight from the off. Whatever MR tells our team at half time he should bottle it and give it to the opposition manager! Robins does not change the formation to counter any team in the 2nd half does he?

Otis

we fell into the same old trap! after a first half where they did not cause us any problems we let our guard down by thinking it will be easy in the 2nd half of the game! What amazes me was that it was identicle to how they played last year against us and they come out in the 2nd half exactly the same as last years games? So why did not Robins tell our lot to press high straight from the off. Whatever MR tells our team at half time he should bottle it and give it to the opposition manager! Robins does not change the formation to counter any team in the 2nd half does he?
It was annoying. They came out in that second half and attacked us striaght from the off, so we decided to play deep.

When you leave all players back for every freekick and corner you have no outlet to regain possession from any clearance and the ball keeps coming back to you.

We basically invited the pressure and we could all see that a goal was coming. It was so, so obvious.

Otis

Could you imagine George Curtis doing that?
Nope. He would have got back up and made a note of the player's number.

I think any player feigning injury show receive a yellow card and Doyle should have yesterday.

I know fans were laughing and amused at Doyle springing back up yesterday, but if the had been one of their players we would have all been spitting blood.

There is no place for it in the game.

I notice their number 9 when he went down in our box and we were on the attack down the other end. He was laid out, but then started to get up. He had a quick sneaky look around and then decided to go back down against in order to try and stop play.

Otis

I witnessed George at Nottingham Forest sat upright on a stretcher with a broken leg,..smiling !!
And there is the very famous wife story to go with it too isn't there.

Club - 'Mrs. Curtis. Sorry to tell you, but George is coming home with a broken leg'.

Mrs. Curtis - 'Oh, right. Whose leg is it?'

hinckley cov

I think Robins remembered the lessons from last year against them, they used long diagonal balls against little kelly Evans and I think that’s why he played Thompson yesterday for his size

Irish Sky Blue

Think Thompson will be rb, like you say he could have moved Willis over
I think people forget how long he was out and how big am Injury he had for me that was the best I’ve seen Jones today since his return,confidence is coming back touch was there today his speed is getting back week by week.
I would start him next week in the Cup & Bakayoko.
Funny how people see things differently. I think that his last two appearances, yesterday and against Doncaster, have been steps backwards on earlier performances. I thought it was good that, despite not playing well, he produced a telling moment, his cross shot, that lead to the goal. I would have thought that he will start next week and that the chance of a full game will show how far away from the player of last season he is.

Otis

I think Robins remembered the lessons from last year against them, they used long diagonal balls against little kelly Evans and I think that’s why he played Thompson yesterday for his size
They still used that tactic and I think Thompson coped well with it.

SkyBlueCRJ

They still used that tactic and I think Thompson coped well with it.

Not taking anything away from Thompson's performance as I thought he coped brilliantly yesterday. However, I think Brown deserves a mention given how well he performed. Zanzala tried to bully him on 2-3 occasions when battling for a long diagonal ball but Brown stood his ground and utilised his experience well - not bad for a LB who's 5"9.

Pete in Portugal

Chris Cattlin. Would be much better to interview them at half time (rather than hearing how wasps are doing) where their previous experiences as CCFC players are relevant. Sitting there saying 'well played' 'good header' 'go on!' is meaningless.

The emphasis on rugby and other scores by CWR during our matches really irritates me.

Pete in Portugal

Catlin - "oh dear, jesus"

this guy should be on every game. Watching the game and enjoying his commentary

Not sure what its like if you cant see the pics though

Exactly. With the benefit of live video, I thought his commentary was spot-on. Unfortunately, not he'd not be so good if you only had radio commentary.

cc84cov

Their central midfield pairing was far better than ours we didn’t get anywhere near them and when we had the ball they pressed us well

Pete in Portugal

It was annoying. They came out in that second half and attacked us striaght from the off, so we decided to play deep.

When you leave all players back for every freekick and corner you have no outlet to regain possession from any clearance and the ball keeps coming back to you.

We basically invited the pressure and we could all see that a goal was coming. It was so, so obvious.

And Robins just stood there watching it, until the subs came on in the 69th minute. It was obvious we were playing too deep from after about 50mins.

Otis

And Robins just stood there watching it, until the subs came on in the 69th minute. It was obvious we were playing too deep from after about 50mins.
Yup.

I saw us embed ourselves in our own half, no subs were warming up and the management team didn't seem to be even talking about making any adjustments.

A goal was coming clear as day and we just let it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread