Match Thread Coventry City v Sunderland match thread Saturday 29 Sep (2 Viewers)

Philosorapter

Ratings as of a few moments ago.

IMG_1456.PNG

Covstu

Decent game today, very stop start first half but got going second. Think they could have pipped it a few times but nothing too clear cut apart from the first half free kick. We cannot keep having chances like that 1 on 1 that Chaplin had, he certainly lacked confidence which cost us the win.

Would have took the draw but we could have won. Burge was again excellent

Cov kid 55

Well done City, an excellent game, particularly the second half, and on balance a draw was a fair result. Our performance gave me a lot of confidence for the season, I think we will be one of the best six teams in the division, and well capable of reaching the playoffs. Excellent performance from JCH, immense work rate and a huge thorn in their side, plus a well taken goal. Well done Burge, some tremendous saves keeping us in the game. Chaplin looks a clever player, I don’t know whether he’ll score 20 goals or not, but he will be our top scorer and will be a good player for us. I also thought Jodi Jones looked good when he came on. Unfortunately we were unable to give him a run at their defence, I would have fancied him. He played a couple of very intelligent passes and I’m hoping that his long lay off will have helped him to mature into an even better player, who terrifies defences with his speed and skill, and has added a real creativity to his game. Excellent performance from our defensive team, and although I note some negatives around Doyle’s performance, I’m thinking we probably needed his experience, drive and aggression, to match their aggression.

clint van damme

Well done City, an excellent game, particularly the second half, and on balance a draw was a fair result. Our performance gave me a lot of confidence for the season, I think we will be one of the best six teams in the division, and well capable of reaching the playoffs. Excellent performance from JCH, immense work rate and a huge thorn in their side, plus a well taken goal. Well done Burge, some tremendous saves keeping us in the game. Chaplin looks a clever player, I don’t know whether he’ll score 20 goals or not, but he will be our top scorer and will be a good player for us. I also thought Jodi Jones looked good when he came on. Unfortunately we were unable to give him a run at their defence, I would have fancied him. He played a couple of very intelligent passes and I’m hoping that his long lay off will have helped him to mature into an even better player, who terrifies defences with his speed and skill, and has added a real creativity to his game. Excellent performance from our defensive team, and although I note some negatives around Doyle’s performance, I’m thinking we probably needed his experience, drive and aggression, to match their aggression.

good post and I've given you a like but you won't get off so lightly next time you don't use paragraphs.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Some real simple finishes as well. He needs to score one soon, the second one where he was one on one was shocking.

The goalie would have been sold easily for a tap in. Tried a weird weak shot and stood and watched it.
Frustrating as that was, Hazard missed the same and is still touted as the best player in the premier league (he prob is at the mo).

No striker at any level is going to score every chance.

east_midlands_skyblue

Enjoyed the match today, second half I thought we played well and definitely could have won it at the end but overall a point each was probably fair. Looking forward to Tuesday evening.

cc84cov

The chaplin chance he missed when he was played square by JCH was easier than Cattermoles goal how he missed that is beyond me highlights on you tube he was putting them away with ease at Pompey.The 1 on 1 he looked slow I wasn’t confident either put it past him or go round him...weak finish might sound harsh but money was spent for him to put them away.Think he will score well for us once he gets going.

Paxman II

How did Lacazette misshis one on one today? like Chaplin should have scored but even at thehighest level it does not always happen.

tigersb

Burge was magnificent today

cooperskyblue

Thoroughly enjoyed the game and atmosphere today. Best game I've seen from JCH and was impressed with Chaplin aswell, think they are starting to get a good understanding together.

Gutted Chaplin didn't score at the end but not concerned in the slightest, he has clearly got ability and of he gets that dame chance again Tuesday night I'm certain he will score.

Grendel

Frustrating as that was, Hazard missed the same and is still touted as the best player in the premier league (he prob is at the mo).

Scoring from any chance would be a start

Garryb80

Amazing isn't it. Chaplin is given virtual exemption from criticism whereas Bakayoko got 1 game before being labelled the worst signing in history. Chaplin has missed more chances and yet scored the same amount of goals.

Nick

Administrator

He had 2 of the easiest chances in the game and has missed others.

Ashdown

Chaplin should have gone round him at the end. The goals will come
Gutted by that Chaplin miss. I'm not sure he is fully fit ?! Surely once that ball was pinging towards the line he should have chased it and slid in to try and force the ball home. Instead he stopped and watched.

jordan210

Chaplin at the moment reminds me of Torres at Chelsea. The player is there and has all the ability but hasn't clicked in to place yet

Irish Sky Blue

I was really impressed with JCH yesterday. His best performance by far in Sky Blue. I have not been his biggest fan and after last season was hoping that he wouldn’t be signed. However, since he has got into the team this season I think he has played well with yesterday being by far the best. He was almost Biamouesque against Sunderland! (Just added to wind up a few of the Max haters!). Let’s hope he keeps playing like this.

Grendel

I was really impressed with JCH yesterday. His best performance by far in Sky Blue. I have not been his biggest fan and after last season was hoping that he wouldn’t be signed. However, since he has got into the team this season I think he has played well with yesterday being by far the best. He was almost Biamouesque against Sunderland! (Just added to wind up a few of the Max haters!). Let’s hope he keeps playing like this.

Well he scored in the penalty area so clearly was not Biamouesque

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I thought the first half was cagey and disappointing. Sunderland were did not play as well as I thought they would and we gave them too much respect.

Second half was much better, but we lack confidence and belief in front of goal...... the longer that goes on the harder it will get. In the end I thought it was a fair result. Chaplin really should have scored and Sunderland didn't like getting some of their own medicine particularly from JCH. Both sides had good chances and Burge pulled off a couple of fine saves.

MOM was JCH, how Cattermole got given it by Sky I do not know..... a little consistency from the ref and he may not even have stayed on the pitch

Gint11

Finally got round to watching the highlights. Chaplins 2 chances, shit one but we are creating chances which is good. Both of these are easily converted if your on form and firing. It will come.

Burge with some class saves too.
We’re competing, that’s what’s pleasing.

Users who are viewing this thread