Match Thread Coventry City v Sunderland match thread Saturday 29 Sep (1 Viewer)

Essexrobbie

We don't seem to get enough players in the 6b yard box when in attacking positions. Chaplin is not the replacement for Mcnulty as he doesn't seem a natural predator. Watched on tv and although you can clearly hear the sky blue noise , you cant see the tremendous support. Lost count at the amount of times the camera showed the Sunderland behind the goal but with the bulk of the Sky Blues on the same side the camera, the stadium looks devoid of home support. When the club is trying to attract home support it needs to show that coming to home games is an experience not to be missed and be a part of something to be seen not just heard. I guess the only answer is to move the camera position, not sure how easy that would be.

covcity4life

We don't seem to get enough players in the 6b yard box when in attacking positions. Chaplin is not the replacement for Mcnulty as he doesn't seem a natural predator. Watched on tv and although you can clearly hear the sky blue noise , you cant see the tremendous support. Lost count at the amount of times the camera showed the Sunderland behind the goal but with the bulk of the Sky Blues on the same side the camera, the stadium looks devoid of home support. When the club is trying to attract home support it needs to show that coming to home games is an experience not to be missed and be a part of something to be seen not just heard. I guess the only answer is to move the camera position, not sure how easy that would be.
Some on here think robin's has already achieved perfection so we cannot talk about tweaks

pusbccfc

Horrendous policing and stewarding. Running battles outside. Not enough police.

Coaches parked right next to the corner was asking for trouble.

Grendel

Seen a Sunderland fan with his nose popped open , fists everywhere and I’m trying to get my daughter out .
To be fair to a Sunderland fan , he gave my daughter 2 pound because she was crying

Shame really. It was a good game with s great atmosphere in the ground - all a bit pathetic isn’t it

Evo1883

Shame really. It was a good game with s great atmosphere in the ground - all a bit pathetic isn’t it

It is , was an entertaining second half .
However because this has been brewing for several weeks on social media , you would have thought safety measures like keeping fans back after the match would have been set up

Sick Boy

A much improved performance compared to last week. I've been critical of Burge before but this season h has been much better and was excellent today, very impressive.
Can't believe Chaplin didn't score at the end but a draw was a fair result.

Sick Boy

However because this has been brewing for several weeks on social media , you would have thought safety measures like keeping fans back after the match would have been set up

I said that as well, you'd have thought they'd have kept them in for 15 mins with a crows of that size.

Grendel

I was surprised they didn’t keep Sunderland fans in the ground. That said I walked up and back with a lot of them and it seemed cordial enough - some were even having photos with the Jimmy Hill statue. I suspect some of our “fans” were up for some bother after the game.

Greggs

More people attend the games rather than sit at home and watch in the TV?

letsallsingtogether

Quite entertaining really.
Two sets of fans givin it large one lot run away then the other.
Mostly young kids with black hoodies on thinking they are Bruce Lee:)

johnwillomagic

Will take that much better performance than at Bristol Rovers....shudder!
Really not been his biggest fan but credit where it's due thought Sterling was very good today and made the equalising goal!

Nick

Administrator
Seen a Sunderland fan with his nose popped open , fists everywhere and I’m trying to get my daughter out .
To be fair to a Sunderland fan , he gave my daughter 2 pound because she was crying
Is it actually hundreds or a few twats?

I saw a few of their fans carrying imaginary surf boards but no issues

Greggs

Can we just take a moment to congratulate the defence. Willis moved to right back, Sterling to left back, Davies coming off the bench, and yet we were solid for most of the game. A really gritty defensive display.
And the bloke dressed as Lee Burge!!!

higgs

We didn't look inferior to Sunderland just feel we will be very inconsistent this season

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread