Match Thread Coventry City - Sunderland Match Thread - Saturday 26th Aug (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Theres no love in from me he was covering at times the whole midfield. People love palmer but he’s a disaster when the opposition move forward as he’s so far apart from the rest of the midfield. Eccles was shot after 60 minutes so he literally becomes a one an midfield when we are pressed
Yep and still fly forward

AFCCOVENTRY

We need a dynamic midfielder in the transition next to Sheaf. Palmer was the only player with any creativity today. Robins should have found a way to get Saka on today, as he can get past his man and get a decent ball into the box for the strikers to attack.

A positive is we’ve played 2 of last years play off teams and they don’t look a threat to us.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Twice in the second half he ran into acres of space and nobody passed to him. Some massive over reactions on here today

Same in the first. The amount of times he was begging to be out through and we played it sidways it whatever. I do think some of our players have an issue with awareness. A few times I was watching and they’d never even look around when the ball was away from them.

Reactions: AOM

pusbccfc

I'm a little calmer now but expectations are dropping. A lot of settling to do.

Simms has to do more thorough. It's fine taking time to gel but he's done absolutely nothing since pre-season.

M&B Stand

So I only watched it on dodgy fire stick and it’s not the same as inside stadium, but Palmer easily looked our best threat.
It’s early days for Simms and he needs time. But so far it looks like Everton have had our pants down. That Cannon who Everton loaned to Preston looks way better.
Slightly worried that gus and vic will be replaced with makeweights, here’s hoping I’m way off the mark. Should be winning games like today tho.

Evo1883

We just look a bit disjointed atm , at times we do good things but we lack quality in the final 3rd both from wide and through the middle .. but even then I felt we had 2/3 really decent chances to win the game ..
I actually agree Eccles looked done by 65 and was getting sloppier and sloppier , the subs were imo probably incorrect at the time

Although I think a draw is a fair result I think sunderland will be happier .. it's still very early season and I'm comfortable with how we've started

OldBedrocker

I felt Robins needed to be more reactive with his subs as we started to drop off and sit deeper in the 2nd half to regain the impetus. It feels very much subs by numbers at the moment take off Palmer and swap a striker around 65 minutes and repeat next game.
Van Ewijk and Eccles were both blowing out their arse with 20 to go. Needed somebody to run at them as half their defence was booked

PVA

Sheaf was outstanding, he was everywhere.

Lost a bit of impetus when Palmer went off, he was the one creating everything. Though Ayari looked decent to be fair.

steve101

We're desperate for a left centre back, centre midfielder and striker who can go straight into the first 11 and make an impact
Surprised Binks hasn't had some minutes. Thought Ladibeudiere was very good but we will need to rest Fadz at some point and so you want Binks to be ready to go.

covcity4life

Wanted to win but I am still happy enough. It was a good perofmrsnce. We made good chances and we defended well. Sunderland are a good team in my opinion and a draw isn't too bad a result.

Jay da silva and Kasey Palmer were too stand outs for me. Lati too actually.

Sheaf and Eccles play well but I still think perhaps only one of them should play. Ayari looked decent but I'm dissapointed if he can only play AM. We need a progressive passer in cm. If hamer played today we win imo

MVE improving but needs to attack opposition more to the byline. Good long throws though!

Simms was ok but still not where need to be. Godden did ok and wright poor with his chances. Need our strikers firing. Can't be godden every game.

No one played badly although if I had to single any negatives I would say Thomas wasn't great with the ball and Wilson nearly cost us with a bad rebound.

But overall good display Vs a good team.

We will be in Promotion mix I am confident after today.

Pusb

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Theres no love in from me he was covering at times the whole midfield. People love palmer but he’s a disaster when the opposition move forward as he’s so far apart from the rest of the midfield. Eccles was shot after 60 minutes so he literally becomes a one an midfield when we are pressed

Your psychology is always very predictable. You detest Palmer and don't have much respect for Eccles either. Both were probably better than Sheaf today and most of the errors he made were before he became a 'one man midfield' anyway.

The centre backs were the best players on the pitch by a mile today anyway, so it's irrelevant.

SkyblueTexan

Think games like this show how vitally important COH and Allen are. They would help link the midfield to attack. Agree we’re still a work very much in progress, but 2 points from the last 2 games is not a great return. Would’ve liked 4.

Maybe the lineup below might be our best if all are fit and firing

Wilson
Thomas Fadz LBD
MVE Sheaf Eccles JDS
COH Ayari
Wright

BackRoomRummermill

Not sure that's too relevant though. Vik offered more in his first 4 games than what Simms has.

It's early days but it's also fine to critique him.
i cant do that as i dont know what its like to be a pro in the champ, i just would always give people more than 5 minutes before writing them off - as i do in life

Users who are viewing this thread